Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #136
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOliver
Also from BEWITCHED...Agnes Moorehead (though she claimed she was "a devout Christian woman" who disapproved of homosexuality, it had long been rumoured by many sources - including fellow cast member Paul Lynde - that she was indeed a lesbian)

Rumours are one thing, proof is another. Would you care to name some of these alleged sources? although I don't normally trust them as a reliable source of information, Here's what Agnes' Wikipedia page has to say on her being a lesbian.

Moorehead married actor John Griffith Lee in 1930, and they divorced in 1952. Moorehead and Lee adopted an orphan named Sean in 1949, but it remains unclear whether the adoption was legal, although Moorehead did raise the child until he ran away from home. In 1954, she married actor Robert Gist, and they divorced in 1958. In the years since her death, rumors about Moorehead's being a lesbian have been widespread, most notoriously in the book Hollywood Lesbians by Boze Hadleigh, whose source for the allegation was Paul Lynde). However, Moorehead biographer Charles Tranberg (I Love the Illusion: The Life and Career of Agnes Moorehead, 2005) interviewed several of the actress's closest friends, including some who are openly gay, who all stated the rumor is untrue. Debbie Reynolds explicitly denied to film historian Robert Osborne that her "best friend" Moorehead was gay.

Moorehead was a devout Presbyterian (Reynolds described her as "terribly religious") and, in interviews, often spoke of her relationship with God. Erin Murphy stated that the actress would read Bible stories to the children affiliated with Bewitched. Shortly before her death, Moorehead, who embraced her Reformed Calvinist roots, sought conservative causes to benefit after her death through her estate. This angered some of her Hollywood colleagues and has been postulated as the reason for the rumors of lesbianism.

Quote:
George Tobias (neighbor 'Abner Kravitz')

Maurice Evans (played 'Maurice', Samantha's dad)

I'm not certain about Maurice Evans but George Tobias was a life-long bachelor. This doesn't prove whether he was gay or not but I have my doubts
Old 02-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #137
OOliver
Forum Regular

Both Paul Lynde as well as Dick Sargent (who publicly came out shortly before his death) claimed she was, and found it insulting that the "very religious" Moorehead chastised them for being in openly gay relationships while working on the show.

If I remember correctly, Tobias willed his estate to his 'longtime companion', whom he lived with until the time of his death (according to the book "Bewitched", 1992).

Wikipedia is not the most reliable of sources (IMO).
Old 02-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #138
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Both Paul Lynde as well as Dick Sargent (who publicly came out shortly before his death) claimed she was, and found it insulting that the "very religious" Moorehead chastised them for being in openly gay relationships while working on the show.

If I remember correctly, Tobias willed his estate to his 'longtime companion', whom he lived with until the time of his death (according to the book "Bewitched", 1992).

Wikipedia is not the most reliable of sources (IMO).

Just because Paul Lynde and Dick Sargeant said it was true doesn't mean it is. I would take the word of a life-long friend before I would that of a co-star. If Moorehead did indeed chastise them for being gay then it could've been their way of getting even.

George Tobias' longtime companion was actress Millicent Patrick. Unfortuantely though, My source of info is IMDb which like Wikipedia isn't always reliable.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #139
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Also, Paul Lynde's character "Uncle Arthur" has been credited as being the first openly gay character on network TV. The writers tried to tone it down a bit with his 'occasional' girlfriends.

I saw a biography of Paul Lynde one time and someone said that Paul Lynde was basically ahead of his time. If he were alive today, he wouldn't have to have hidden his sexuality.

He could have been the star of his own show and not had to worry about a backlash.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #140
OOliver
Forum Regular

He was the star of his own show ("The Paul Lynde Show"), which failed miserably on ABC. He was one of the few successful openly gay actors in Hollywood at the time (60s and 70s).

As for Lynde, Sargent and Moorehead - it could very well be they wanted her to be 'out' just as they were, and she chastised them for it. Her 'life-long friends' could be covering up for her, upon her request.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #141
luv_ryan
Occasional Poster

Default my list

William Haines (1900-1973 Silent movie star,his lover is Jimmy Shields,his boss fired him because he dont wanna hiding this relationship)
Rock Hudson (1925┄1985 died of AIDS,his last boifriend is Marc Christian)
Ramon Novarro (1899-1968 Silent movie star)
Montgomery Clift (1920-1966 Elizabeth Taylor loved him,but he is gay)
James Dean (1931-1955 he has a relationship with director Rogers Brackett)
Marlon Brando (1924-2004 his partner is Wally Cox,they were buried together in a place called “Death Valley”)
Laurence Olivier (1907-1989 Vivien Leighs‘second husband,his boyfriend is Danny Kaye)
Cary Grant (1904-1986 his boyfriend is Randolph Scott,lived together over 11 years in san monica)
Richard Chamberlain (1934- live in Hawaii with his boyfriend Martin Rabbett)
Kerwin Mathews (1926-2007 his boyfriend Tom Nicoll is a manager,work in “Harvey Nichols.Co”,they live together 46 years)
George Nader (1921-2002 Mark Miller is hes lover and manager,they wrote a novel togeter called"The Perils of Paul",its talk about gay in hollywood)
Tab Hunter (1931- his exboyfriend is Anthony Perkins,but now is Allan Glaser,Anthony dead of AIDS)

"life was difficult for me, because I was living two lives at that time. A private life of my own, which I never discussed, never talked about to anyone. And then my Hollywood life, which was just trying to learn my craft and succeed..." by Tab Hunter
Old 08-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #142
luv_ryan
Occasional Poster

Default go on

Ivor Novello (1893 -1951 openly gay,his lover is Bobby Andrews)
Roddy McDowall (1928-1998 he was a child actor)
Raymond Burr (1917-1993 his lover and business Partner-Robert Benevides)
Tommy Kirk (1941- he was a child star of Disney,but he has been fired because he was gay)
Laurence Harvey (1928-1973 His friend have written a book says he was gay n his real lover is his manager James Woolf)
Van Johnson (1916-2008 his wife was forced to marry him)
George Maharis (1928- he was arrestted in 1974 because he has sex with a male hairdressers in mens room)
Dirk Bogarde (1921-1999 his botfriend and manager--Anthony Forwood)
Sal Mineo (1939-1976 he said he love Jame dean and he has many gay sex partners)
Old 08-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #143
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_ryan
Marlon Brando (1924-2004 his partner is Wally Cox,they were buried together in a place called “Death Valley”

Marlon Brando and Wally Cox were best friends since childhood and that's it. There has been no proof whatsoever that the two men were actually gay and their ashes were scattered in death valley, they're not buried there.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #144
luv_ryan
Occasional Poster

well...Ive no idea
google“marlon brando sucking”
Old 08-02-2009, 01:38 PM   #145
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_ryan
well...Ive no idea
google“marlon brando sucking”

You google it all you want, I have better things to do.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #146
vannystice
Frequent Poster

Is Andy Samberg from SNL gay? He played a gay guy in I Love You, Man, and kissed a guy on SNL in The Fast and Bi-Curious.

BTW whoever said Little Richard is gay, he is a self-identified ex-gay.

Carrie:Hunny, sorry Im late
Doug:Thats ok, gotta level with ya..I didnt know you went anywhere

Dwight Schrute:Force it in as deep as you can.
Michael Scott:That's what she said.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #147
visabell
Occasional Poster

Actually, Brando publicly ADMITTED to being bi-sexual, and added that he was unashamed. His wives also indicate that he was VERY open about it, and practiced it while married.
The reason why gay people will not admit to being gay is because "straight" people cannot handle it. Ironically, this is due to the fact that "straight" people that cannot stand gay people, are in fact...GAY. Those that could give a &^% about gay people and accept them are STRAIGHT. Read about it, many studies about this.....
Old 08-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #148
visabell
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
Marlon Brando and Wally Cox were best friends since childhood and that's it. There has been no proof whatsoever that the two men were actually gay and their ashes were scattered in death valley, they're not buried there.
I think the proof is :
Brando outed himself
There is a picture of him with his "best friends" penis in his mouth.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #149
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

David Ogden Stiers of M*A*S*H - he came out a few months ago.

One I've been curious about is Clea Duvall (Heroes, Carnivàle). I've heard rumors that she is lesbian or bi but I haven't heard anything concrete.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #150
Jack Gomez
Forum Regular
Felipe's son

Maia Brewton (Shelly on Parker Lewis Can't Lose)