Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Perfect Strangers links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Perfect Strangers Photo Gallery

Perfect Strangers - The Complete First and Second Seasons

Buy Perfect Strangers - The Complete First and Second Seasons on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Perfect Strangers
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ
Default Perfect Strangers - The Complete First and Second Seasons DVD Review

For the first time ever, Perfect Strangers is now on DVD! (Get out of the city!) Warner Home Video has finally released the Complete First and Second Seasons of the hilarious ‘80s ABC comedy. Find out how sheepherder Balki Bartokomaus (Bronson Pinchot) from the island of Mypos moved in with his “cousin” Larry Appleton (Mark Linn-Baker) in Chicago and how all the funniness and slapstick started from the beginning. We get all 6 episodes from the series’ short first season and all 22 episodes from the series’ second season all on this four-disc DVD set! In for the fun are Larry and Balki’s boss Mr. Twinkacetti (Ernie Sabella), their friend Susan (Lisa Cutter) and Larry & Balki’s lover interests emerge in the second season with Jennifer (Melanie Wilson) & Mary Anne (Rebecca Arthur)! Also, see Belita Moreno as Mrs. Twinkacetti from time-to-time. Moreno later will join the series in season three as a different character, but more on that whenever that DVD comes out!

Read our review by Cousin Pavan here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/perfect...dvdreview.html

Please post any questions or comments about this set.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:04 AM   #2
TKMetal
Frequent Poster

There is really no extras but at least the episodes appear to be uncut . I have Amazon prime and got the two day shipping when I pre-ordered back in September and they shipped it on Monday but I live out in the middle of nowhere and am pretty much snowed in right now. So, who knows when I'll get it my copy .
Old 02-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
OneWayFilms
Frequent Poster

I am SO happy to have this set. I was anxiously waiting, but very disappointed that my local Walmart didn't carry it. No problem, I went to Best Buy and saw they didn't have it on the shelve either. AGH. I had to ask them about it and they found it on the little cart of dvd's not yet put out. I almost had a heart-attack.

Anyways, I'm SO glad I can share these episode with my daughters. She watches almost ALL my tv-on-dvd collections, (Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Brady Bunch, Happy days, Laverne & Shirley, Facts of Life, etc...) She actually says my days had the BEST tv shows. LOL.

By epsiode 2, she was hooked. I am looking forward to going home tonigth and wtching some more with her.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
bluthree
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms
I am SO happy to have this set. I was anxiously waiting, but very disappointed that my local Walmart didn't carry it. No problem, I went to Best Buy and saw they didn't have it on the shelve either. AGH. I had to ask them about it and they found it on the little cart of dvd's not yet put out. I almost had a heart-attack.

Anyways, I'm SO glad I can share these episode with my daughters. She watches almost ALL my tv-on-dvd collections, (Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Brady Bunch, Happy days, Laverne & Shirley, Facts of Life, etc...) She actually says my days had the BEST tv shows. LOL.

By epsiode 2, she was hooked. I am looking forward to going home tonigth and wtching some more with her.

Yeah the WalMart near me did not have it either-What's up with that?
Old 02-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
tanquant
Forum Regular

I still haven't received mine yet from Amazon. I per ordered it with the smurfs which comes out on feb.28th. Amazon says that i should receive both dvd's March 5th. I hope they send out perfect strangers first. Just because I ordered them at the same time do they have to ship them at the same time? If so I wish that I would have ordered them seperately.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #6
tanquant
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms

Wal Mart never has the latest Tv on dvd's. I was not depending on them to have it that's why I pre ordered it. My son also loves Perfect strangers. We've been watching it on aol video and the episodes that I taped off of ION. He also loves Mama's Familly.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
tazz765
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanquant
Just because I ordered them at the same time do they have to ship them at the same time? If so I wish that I would have ordered them seperately.

If you order more than one DVD at the same time and one is a pre-order Amazon will not ship them until they are all available unless you select to ship them when available at the check out. You can edit this by going into "Your Account" and pulling up the order and clicking to modify it. It should give you the option to ship items separately. It will cost you a few dollars more, but they should send PS out within a day or two of you changing it.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #8
peter may
The SO Limey

Send a message via MSN to peter may

Ive never seen an episode but i have ordered my copy
Old 02-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
tanquant
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz765
If you order more than one DVD at the same time and one is a pre-order Amazon will not ship them until they are all available unless you select to ship them when available at the check out. You can edit this by going into "Your Account" and pulling up the order and clicking to modify it. It should give you the option to ship items separately. It will cost you a few dollars more, but they should send PS out within a day or two of you changing it.

Thank you so much. It's on its way.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #10
tanquant
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter may
Ive never seen an episode but i have ordered my copy

Thank you for giving this great show a chance. The more copies ordered the better chance that we'll have for more seasons. I'm sure you wont regret it.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #11
TVQuack
Forum Regular
Watching Ed!

Picking mine up tomorrow before work! Can't wait to do the dance of joy!!

TV DVD's....it's a way of life.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #12
CaptainCharisma
Frequent Poster

I'm a bit torn. I loved Perfect Strangers growing up, but my fondest memories of the show are from Season 3 onwards (esp. the Chronicle episodes). I understand the more this set sells, the more likely subsequent sets will be released, but I'm honestly not that big of a fan of the first 2 seasons. Oh well, I'll probably end up getting it anyway.

I don't have kids yet, but I too look forward to passing down my childhood shows to them.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #13
80s_Fan
Healthcare_Clerk

Talking I Bought It Yesterday

I bought (Season 1 & 2) yesterday, and so far watched four episodes.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:09 PM   #14
80s_Fan
Healthcare_Clerk

Talking Looking Forward To Other Seasons

Well, I have watched all the episodes on Season 1 & 2; looking forward to buying all the others.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #15
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Thumbs up

Very cool.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013