Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default ION Television March 2008 -- Baywatch Joins Line-Up

ION Television March 2008--

Blog Story: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...announces.html

Regular schedule changes:

Wffective Sunday, March 2, 2008
Sundays
6:00PM 48 Hours (replaces ION Life)

Effective Monday, March 3, 2008
Mon-Thurs
10:00PM Baywatch (replaces Who's the Boss 2x)

Saturday, March 29
6:00PM Baywatch (replaces 48 Hours)

Monday, March 31
10:00PM Drew Carey Show (replaces Baywatch)
10:30PM Drew Carey Show (replaces Baywatch cont.)

Here is full the regular schedule for March:
Mon-Thurs
6:00PM The Wayans Bros.
6:30PM The Wayans Bros.
7:00PM Alice
7:30PM Alice
8:00PM Mama's Family
8:30PM Mama's Family
9:00PM The Drew Carey Show
9:30PM The Drew Carey Show
10:00PM Baywatch

Fri-Sun
6:00PM The Wayans Bros. (Fri); 48 Hours (Sat, Sun)
6:30PM The Wayans Bros. (Fri); 48 Hours cont. (Sat, Sun)
7:00PM RHI Entertainment
9:00PM RHI Entertainment

Movies, Stunts, Marathons

- RHI on ION

March Programming:

....COMING SOON...

Saturday, March 1
7:00PM-9:00PM 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (1997)
9:00PM-11:00PM Jesse Hawkes (1989)

Sunday, March 2
7:00PM-11:00PM Arabian Nights (2000)

Friday, March 7
7:00PM-9:00PM Hound of the Baskersvilles, The (2001)
9:00PM-11:00PM Sign of Four, The (2001)

Saturday, March 8
7:00PM-11:00PM Robert Ludlum's The Apocalypse Watch (1997)

Sunday, March 9
7:00PM-11:00PM Merlin (1998)

Friday, March 14
7:00PM-9:00PM Taking Liberty (1993)
9:00PM-11:00PM Long Way Home (1998)

Saturday, March 15
7:00PM-9:00PM Captains Courageous (1996)
9:00PM-11:00PM Aces N' Eights (2007)

Sunday, March 16
7:00PM-11:00PM Magical Legend of the Leprechauns (1999)

Friday, March 21
7:00PM-11:00PM tbd

Saturday, March 22

Sunday, March 23

Friday, March 28
7:00Pm-11:00PM tbd

Saturday, March 29
tbd

Sunday, March 30
tbd

Read the blog before you post:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...announces.html
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan; 03-10-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

"Baywatch" Returns with a Splash Weeknights on ION Television

The "Most-Watched TV Series in the World" from FremantleMedia North America Joins ION Television's Primetime Programming Lineup

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- ION Media Networks, Inc. (AMEX:ION) has entered into an agreement with distributor Litton Entertainment to air FremantleMedia North America's mega-hit television series, "Baywatch," on ION Television, it was jointly announced today by Brandon Burgess, Chairman and CEO of ION Media Networks, and Dave Morgan, President and CEO of Litton Entertainment. The agreement marks the latest addition of popular, quality programming to the network's primetime lineup. This upbeat, action-packed series melds real-life issues, accessible characters and tongue-in-cheek humor to provide ION's broad audience with a perennial favorite that defined a genre. "Baywatch" on ION will launch Monday, March 3, and air Mondays through Thursdays at 10 pm (ET).

"This is another fun example of our strategy to offer upbeat, mainstream programming to our viewers," said Burgess. "This iconic series is a multi-generational TV staple, and 'America's Got Talent' and 'Borat' have made David Hasselhoff and Pam Anderson as hip and relevant as ever."

Set on the beaches of Malibu, "Baywatch" centers on the daily adventures of a team of athletic California lifeguards, their life-saving work and their off-duty relationships. Featuring David Hasselhoff as Lt. Mitch Buchannon, the series made international stars out of Pamela Anderson, Carmen Electra, Yasmine Bleeth and Alexandra Paul. In each episode, new dangers imperiled the cast, but, racing to the rescue in trademark slow-mo' style, Los Angeles County's finest lifeguards usually prevailed. Not long after its debut, "Baywatch" became the most-watched television show in the world.

"We are thrilled to announce that 'Baywatch' will be back before national audiences in prime time," said Morgan. "This classic series features drama, action, romance, humor and a cast of celebrity icons."

"This brand goes from strength to strength," added Lisa Honig, Vice President, Program Distribution for FremantleMedia Enterprises in North America, the licensing, distribution and home entertainment division of FremantleMedia. "'Baywatch' continues to draw audiences on-air all over the world and remains a lucrative revenue stream off-air with a strong demand in both the home entertainment and consumer products markets. We're delighted to be working with ION and Litton to bring the show back to the domestic fan base."

The new agreement is part of ION's ongoing initiative to add compelling programming from leading content providers that blends effectively with the network's signature quality content. This past New Year's Eve, ION Television added to its primetime lineup the Emmy-nominated series, "The Drew Carey Show." "Baywatch" will further broaden the network's appeal by targeting a contemporary audience with fun and upbeat entertainment.

"Baywatch, which premiered on NBC in 1989 and ran in first-run syndication from 1991-2001, was executive produced by Michael Berk, Gregory J. Bonan and Douglas Schwartz.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #3
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Baywatch? Baywatch? Of all the GREAT shows ION has to offer us, they decide to go with Baywatch? I have nothing against the show, but I don't see it on ION. But, I think Who's the Boss? time is way up on this network, so I'm not too mad to see it go. Hopefully it'll return at some point, maybe to replace that god-awful Wayans Bros.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

I guess Who's The Boss? is going on Hiatus
Old 01-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

As I said, the rest of the changes are coming soon, if there are any. So you can't say Who's the Boss? is on "hiatus" or "gone" until it is official.

Baywatch is a good addition I think. It should do very well and make ION younger. It should flow well out of Drew. I liked seasons 3 and 4, but not any other.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
As I said, the rest of the changes are coming soon, if there are any. So you can't say Who's the Boss? is on "hiatus" or "gone" until it is official.

Baywatch is a good addition I think. It should do very well and make ION younger. It should flow well out of Drew. I liked seasons 3 and 4, but not any other.
It will do better after Drew Carey for sure, better than Who's the Boss? You still don't have any ratings for Drew Carey Pavan?

I'm still waiting for them to yank off The Wayans. Bros. I can't imagine who anyone's watching that. Possibly we could see Who's the Boss go there if anything.

I actually watched Baywatch the first year, before it went into syndication, a few times. After that, I didn't care for it.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #7
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

are they going for a more 90s line-up or something?

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #8
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

so you think they could expand the Hours
Scoobiedoo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #9
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet JoeŽ
are they going for a more 90s line-up or something?
I liked it better when it was 70's/80's

Just came to me - Alice is still here. I thought it would also be gone by now, but I'm glad to see it stay.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #10
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

the thing I wondering is Baywatch still coming to Local Station's
Old 01-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #11
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseanne88-97
It will do better after Drew Carey for sure, better than Who's the Boss? You still don't have any ratings for Drew Carey Pavan?

I'm still waiting for them to yank off The Wayans. Bros. I can't imagine who anyone's watching that. Possibly we could see Who's the Boss go there if anything.

I actually watched Baywatch the first year, before it went into syndication, a few times. After that, I didn't care for it.
I don't have exact ratings for Drew. It probably is doing decent. But I am sure Baywatch will improve on Who's the Boss' numbers.

As for Wayans, it does well. It is doing well on BET and when it was on locals, it wasn't a top sitcom hit, but it always performed solidly. Wayans certainly brings in more younger viewers, but why have Alice at 7PM? That would be a waste. They should move it if they expand to the daytime or something and bring in something compatible to Wayans. I love Alice, but it certainly isn't going to bring in younger viewers. Mama's is here to stay obviously. I always think it would be better in the 6pm hour, but whatever.

Here's hoping they expand to 3-6pm at least with some sitcom showings of the '80s. Something like:
3pm Alice, 3:30pm Diff'rent Strokes, 4:00pm Who's the Boss?, 4:30pm Perfect Strangers, 5:00pm Growing Pains, 5:30pm The Wonder Years, 6:00pm Mama's Family, 6:30pm Mama's Family, 7:00pm Wayans Bros., 7:30pm Wayans Bros., 8:00pm Jamie Foxx, 8:30pm Jamie Foxx, 9:00pm Drew Carey, 9:30pm Drew Carey, 10:00pm Baywatch
Maybe something like Martin would be better 8-9pm. Other option would be Living Single...long shots Eve, All of Us.

With Baywatch coming to ION, the chance of it returning to locals is now slim since ION is a broadcast channel.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #12
tazz765
Frequent Poster

Why doesn't ION air some of the shows they already have the rights to (like the Sony or WB shows) instead of buying additional shows?
tazz765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #13
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

I with you Pavan I would like to see The Hours Expand from 2:00 pm until 5:00 pm Central Time
Old 01-28-2008, 05:17 PM   #14
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz765
Why doesn't ION air some of the shows they already have the rights to (like the Sony or WB shows) instead of buying additional shows?
That's what I said in my first post. Why air Baywatch when they have the rights to so many great sitcoms? they bought these exclusive rights with Sony and WB, but they go out of there way to get other shows from other distributors.

Pavan, that's true about Alice. Again, I'm surprised its still there. But, Mama's Family doesn't bring in younger viewers, either, and Alice is the lead in to Mama.

When are they going to expand? We've been talking about it for A LONG TIME now, yet nothing ever happens. They should definitely air the 70's and 80's show in the daytime, and concentrate on the younger-appealing shows in primetime.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #15
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Mama's Family should really move out of primetime and help launch early evening around 6-7pm. It does skew old, but it does draw great ratings. It is also their number one show in 18-49 currently (pre-Drew, I'm not sure of Drew's exact numbers)...so what does that say, lol?

What better way to cap off the daytime line-up with Mama's Family from 6-7pm (dinner with Mama!) leading into the newer 90s stuff from 7-11pm.

I think ION bought Baywatch clearly because they know it can draw ratings and make them younger. I don't think any archive show from Sony, Universal or Warner's libraries can do that. But yes, they should use more shows from their libraries and form a daytime line-up. Maybe they will in March...we will know soon.