Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Laverne & Shirley links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Laverne & Shirley Photo Gallery


Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Laverne & Shirley
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Goldbergs Spinoff Happening After All; Grey's Anatomy Renewed for Fifteenth Season
Fri-Yay: Superstore is Doing the Will They/Won't They Story Arc Right; Laff Pays Tribute to Harry Anderson
CBS Picks Up 11 More Returning Series for 2018-19; BET 2018 Upfront
Carol Burnett Gets Netflix Series; Futurama on Syfy, Marathon on 4/20
The Goldbergs 1990s Spinoff Ordered for ABC; Remembering Harry Anderson of Night Court
It's a Living Coming to Logo on April 21; Hollywood Darlings Returns Wednesday on Pop
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of April 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mad About You Reboot One Step Closer to Reality; The Simpsons Addresses Concerns About Character of Apu
Fri-Yay: New Girl Begins Its Final Season; Trial & Error Returns to NBC July 19
ABC to Air Roseanne Revival Marathon; Michelle Wolf Heads to Netflix


New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March/April)

Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season One Day at a Time - Season Two Perfect Strangers  - The Complete Third Season

02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/06 - Women of the House - Complete 12 Episode Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Atlanta - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season
03/13 - The New Adventures of Old Christine - The Complete First Season
03/27 - One Day at a Time - Season Two
04/03 - Ballers - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/03 - 90's Sitcom (Just Shoot Me!/The Larry Sanders Show/Wings) Starter Set - Season 1 & 2 Bundle
04/10 - Vice Principals - The Compelte Series
04/17 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,547
Default This goof that appeared in TWO OF OUR WEIRDOS ARE MISSING...

had me

I haven't seen L&S for a long time in syndication, so seeing it now on my local channel, it is great.

Laverne has a string of fake pearls around her neck but for the entire scene, it is just hanging there while the necklace appeared to have broken in the front somehow. It was just draped around her neck but never fell off. I think she broke the necklace somehow when she stuck her head in that dumb-waiter while screaming at Lenny and Squiggy.

I wonder how no one realized that they broke as it was so obvious. I had caught that goof during the first run of L&S.
__________________
DALLAS COWBOYS ARE HERE AT TRAINING CAMP!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
Brieannas21
Senior Member
Member
 
Brieannas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 05, 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
had me

I haven't seen L&S for a long time in syndication, so seeing it now on my local channel, it is great.

Laverne has a string of fake pearls around her neck but for the entire scene, it is just hanging there while the necklace appeared to have broken in the front somehow. It was just draped around her neck but never fell off. I think she broke the necklace somehow when she stuck her head in that dumb-waiter while screaming at Lenny and Squiggy.

I wonder how no one realized that they broke as it was so obvious. I had caught that goof during the first run of L&S.


I'll have to check that out later on tonight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,547
Default

Yes please do. I want to know exactly when the necklace broke.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #4
Brieannas21
Senior Member
Member
 
Brieannas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 05, 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,773
Default

OK I just checked out that scene and I have never noticed her necklace before. I have no idea how it broke, it was fine when her head was in the dumb waiter and when she brought her head back out. When it cut to Rosie talking and back to Laverne her necklace was broken.

That is some good acting when you go through a whole scene with your necklace broken and not even make it noticeable or cause attention to it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:36 PM   #5
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
OK I just checked out that scene and I have never noticed her necklace before. I have no idea how it broke, it was fine when her head was in the dumb waiter and when she brought her head back out. When it cut to Rosie talking and back to Laverne her necklace was broken.

That is some good acting when you go through a whole scene with your necklace broken and not even make it noticeable or cause attention to it.
Glad you checked it out.

I found it amazing that those pearls never rolled off her neck. Not only was that good acting on her part, but that was a great balancing act too. It reminded me of that whole scene with Florida Evans with the disappearing earrings. Except in that Good Times scene, you can tell they cut the scene and apparently had attempted at keeping the earring on her ear. With this L&S scene, it seems like one long scene with no editing. I mean, if they noticed the necklace broken, I can't see them deciding to leave it on her neck.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #6
Brieannas21
Senior Member
Member
 
Brieannas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 05, 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
Glad you checked it out.

I found it amazing that those pearls never rolled off her neck. Not only was that good acting on her part, but that was a great balancing act too. It reminded me of that whole scene with Florida Evans with the disappearing earrings. Except in that Good Times scene, you can tell they cut the scene and apparently had attempted at keeping the earring on her ear. With this L&S scene, it seems like one long scene with no editing. I mean, if they noticed the necklace broken, I can't see them deciding to leave it on her neck.

Also, Cindy made a goof when she said the line "Lenny and Squiggy have runned away." and when Penny play it up by saying "What?" and Cindy said it correctly the second time. But Penny (pointing out Cindy's mistake) said "How do you know that Lenny and Squiggy have runned away"
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:51 PM   #7
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
Also, Cindy made a goof when she said the line "Lenny and Squiggy have runned away." and when Penny play it up by saying "What?" and Cindy said it correctly the second time. But Penny (pointing out Cindy's mistake) said "How do you know that Lenny and Squiggy have runned away"
Oh man, I didn't catch that.

Ever notice Laverne and Shirley's first letters of their names are the same as Lenny and Squiggy's? L and S
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
Brieannas21
Senior Member
Member
 
Brieannas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 05, 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
Oh man, I didn't catch that.

Ever notice Laverne and Shirley's first letters of their names are the same as Lenny and Squiggy's? L and S


Nope, never noticed that either
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
ethelmaepotter
Frequent Poster
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 03, 2005
Posts: 242
Default

I noticed the "runned away" goof too. I think maybe she had a problem actually saying that since I have heard people make the same goof.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.