Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Fall Pilot Review: Bad Judge - Premieres Thursday, Oct. 2; Antenna TV's Hitch-O-Ween Marathon on Halloween
ABC Fall Pilot Review: Manhattan Love Story - Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 30; ABC Family Picks Up Young & Hungry for 2nd Season, and New Drama
ABC Fall Pilot Review: Selfie - Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 30; Starz Gives Us Sampling of LeBron James Produced Comedy
Week 1 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: Hub Network to Rebrand; Mork & Mindy to be Completed on DVD?
CBS Doubles Up on Big Bang on Mondays, Moves Mom; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of September 29, 2014)
Bounce TV Fall 2014 Info; Vintage SNL to Air in Primetime on Saturday Nights

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)

New Girl - The Complete Season Three The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season

09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-23-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Default Why I detest Burt Reynolds and Nicolas Cage by Kathleen Turner

Kathleen Turner is letting it all hang out in her new book.

The Daily Mail has published an extract from Send Yourself Roses in which Chandler’s husky-voiced father flips the birdie to Burt Reynolds (who she worked with on “Switching Channels”) and describes her “Romancing the Stone” co-star Michael Douglas as “a wonderful friend and a terrible enemy.”.

She also, rather amusingly, has a nice crack at Nicolas Cage.

‘’Another co-star who left a lot to be desired was Nicolas Cage, who played my boyfriend and husband in Peggy Sue Got Married, about an unhappily married woman who jumps back in time to her high-school days.

Now, Nicolas happens to be the nephew of Francis Ford Coppola, who was directing the film. And my contrary co-star was absolutely determined to prove that he wasn't there as the result of nepotism.

So, everything Francis wanted him to do, he went against - to show that he wasn't under his uncle's wing. Which was ridiculous. Oh, that stupid voice of his and the fake teeth! Honestly, I cringe to think about it.

He caused so many problems. He was arrested twice for drunk-driving and, I think, once for stealing a dog. He'd come across a chihuahua he liked and stuck it in his jacket.

On the last night of filming, he came into my trailer after he'd clearly been drinking heavily. He fell on his knees and asked if I could ever forgive him. I said, "Not right now. I have a scene to shoot. Excuse me," and just walked out.

Nicolas didn't manage to kill the film, but he didn't add a lot to it, either. For years, whenever I saw him, he'd apologise for his behaviour. I'd say: "Look, I'm way over it." But I haven't pursued the idea of working with him again.’’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 01-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

gotta love it when washed up actors decide to bitch about "I'd never work with Nicolas Cage again" when the truth is, Cage still has a career, he probably doesn't want to work with you.

Don't get me wrong, Kathleen Turner was good in her day, and I love love love Serial Mom, but has she done anything of note since? Last I remember with her was being Chandler's cross-dressing father on Friends.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:54 PM   #3
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

^ I haven't seen or heard anything lately.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 01-23-2008, 04:44 PM   #4
isiahthomas

She does stage plays now and i saw her on a old episode of Law And Order playing a lawyer. She's fat now but she used to be hot in the 80's. She used to have nice legs. I like the scene in War Of The Roses movie with Michael Douglas and Kathleen when Kathleen sits on Danny Devito's desk at his job and she takes off her shoes and puts her feet on his d*ck because Danny likes feet. Danny told her he hasn't been into feet since 85 LOL.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

Kathleen is a perfect example of gender discrimination in Hollywood in terms of age. Many male counterparts who are the same age as her and rose to fame the same time as her are still stars (Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Bruce Willis), but Kathleen is seen as too old now. Remember all the movies she did with Michael Douglas? He'll still get starring roles in a movie, but you won't see them pair Kathleen up with him, even tho she's ten years his junior.

Same thing seems to be happening with Meg Ryan. You don't see anyone teaming her with Tom Hanks anymore in movies, even tho she's five or six years younger than him.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #6
isiahthomas

Yeah Hollywood is racist towards actresses. I'm sure Kathleen is still a good actor but because she's old, movie companies are scared to put her in a movie because they think she won't make the movie any money.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Now I remember - she appeared in The Graduate on Broadway as Mrs. Robinson. Jason Biggs and Alicia Silverstone were also in the cast. That was several years ago.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:25 PM   #8
AB
Forum Celebrity
True Blood

^ And she also played Chandler's "dad" on Friends. (lol!)
Old 02-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #9
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Default Nicolas Cage Suing Kathleen Turner Over Book Claims

Hollywood star Nicolas Cage has begun legal proceedings against his Peggy Sue Got Married co-star Kathleen Turner after she accused him of drunk driving and theft in her new autobiography.

In the autobiography, Send Yourself Roses, the 53-year-old insists Cage went to great lengths to disobey his uncle and the director of the 1986 comedy, Francis Ford Coppola - and even got in trouble with the police while filming.

Turner writes, "Everything Francis (Ford Coppola) wanted him (Cage) to do, he went against to show that he wasn't under his uncle's wing. Which was ridiculous. Oh, that stupid voice of his and the fake teeth! Honestly, I cringe to think about it. He caused so many problems. He was arrested twice for drunk driving and, I think, once for stealing a dog. He'd come across a Chihuahua he liked and stuck it in his jacket."

On Friday Cage, 44, has issued libel proceedings against the actress at the High Court in London.

A spokesman for the actor says, "The libel action follows false allegations that appear in the forthcoming autobiography. As legal proceedings have been commenced, it would be inappropriate to comment further."

http://www.pr-inside.com/cage-to-sue...se-r430194.htm
Old 02-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #10
coffield3
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by annball1957
^ And she also played Chandler's "dad" on Friends. (lol!)
Old 02-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #11
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
Dr. Thackery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester
Kathleen is a perfect example of gender discrimination in Hollywood in terms of age. Many male counterparts who are the same age as her and rose to fame the same time as her are still stars (Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Bruce Willis), but Kathleen is seen as too old now. Remember all the movies she did with Michael Douglas? He'll still get starring roles in a movie, but you won't see them pair Kathleen up with him, even tho she's ten years his junior.

Same thing seems to be happening with Meg Ryan. You don't see anyone teaming her with Tom Hanks anymore in movies, even tho she's five or six years younger than him.
There is a double-standard regarding age, when it comes to men and women in Hollywood. In Turner's case though, I think if she kept herself in better shape, she'd have a better chance at landing roles. Hanks, Washington, Douglas and Willis didn't let themselves go.

Meryl Streep is 58, Helen Mirren/62, Susan Sarandon/61, Blythe Danner/65, Kim Basinger/54, Bette Midler/62, Judi Dench/72, Diane Keaton/60, Goldie Hawn/62. There are older women who are still busy working, but they know the game, and they play it well. They hit the gym, some have work done, whatever it takes.

I'm surprised that Turner isn't getting roles along the lines that Kathy Bates gets, that sassy overweight firecracker type. Beyond that, there just isn't a big demand for older, heavy women. It's a riot that Turner's shooting her mouth off about other celebs. Jealousy and bitterness makes people behave in the most bizarre ways.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #12
OH Nuts!
Forum Celebrity
Riding on the Cannonball!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
There is a double-standard regarding age, when it comes to men and women in Hollywood. In Turner's case though, I think if she kept herself in better shape, she'd have a better chance at landing roles. Hanks, Washington, Douglas and Willis didn't let themselves go.

Meryl Streep is 58, Helen Mirren/62, Susan Sarandon/61, Blythe Danner/65, Kim Basinger/54, Bette Midler/62, Judi Dench/72, Diane Keaton/60, Goldie Hawn/62. There are older women who are still busy working, but they know the game, and they play it well. They hit the gym, some have work done, whatever it takes.

I'm surprised that Turner isn't getting roles along the lines that Kathy Bates gets, that sassy overweight firecracker type. Beyond that, there just isn't a big demand for older, heavy women. It's a riot that Turner's shooting her mouth off about other celebs. Jealousy and bitterness makes people behave in the most bizarre ways.

Well she better be right abt what's in the book or she's going to be paying big $$$. And anyways, back to that old adage, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

And yes I totally agree with you abt roles. If you're talented and a go getter it doesn't matter what your age is. Bette Davis took out an ad to get work when none came. It's my understanding that's how she got Whatever Happened to Baby Jane (at 54). And she worked up right until the end, God Bless her, even when she was so sick, making Whales Of August (at 79).
God I miss her, now there's an actress!!

xxoo You both Rock!!