Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Bill Cosby to Be Honored with Johnny Carson Award; SNL Celebrates 40th Anniversary in 2015
Sullivan & Son Returns with All-Star Guests; George Lopez Developing Animated Series
Review of Tonight's Devious Maids Premiere; Week 30 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo
Moesha Returns Daily to BET; NBC Schedules Maya Rudolph Variety-Comedy Special

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-17-2008, 03:14 AM   #1
Zoneboy
Forum Veteran
Classic Country Fan

Thumbs up Potsie Weber having happy days in beauty biz

Link

Potsie Weber having happy days in beauty biz

An unlikely person is behind the skin-care products used on the sets of "Grey's Anatomy," "Ugly Betty," "Desperate Housewives," "Hannah Montana" and other shows.

Anson Williams.

Yes, Potsie Weber, of "Happy Days," is in the skin-care product business. And he's doing extremely well at it.

During a recent stop in Chicago, he admitted that his StarMaker line is the most successful and lucrative thing he's ever been involved with "by a mile."

"I've always been an entrepreneur," says Williams, 58, who once sold stationery door-to-door as a teen. "I don't claim to be an expert in beauty. I'm just the business owner. My name or picture isn't on (the products)."

Since "Happy Days" went off the air in 1984, Williams' career veered toward directing, and he did several popular shows including "Star Trek" and "Beverly Hills 90210." He also had five daughters, ages 1 to 18.

While directing "Melrose Place" in 2000, Williams met makeup artist JoAnna Connell. He'd listen to cast members rave about her pearl-based hand and face creams, which she made in a lab in her home. That's when the light bulb went on in his head: We should sell this stuff to the public.

A short time later, Williams and Connell had teamed up to sell StarMaker Products on QVC. It was an instant hit, and StarMaker quickly became a multimillion-dollar business.

It's poised to become even bigger. Not only will StarMaker add an "overnight face-lift" cream to its product line this spring, but there are plans to introduce a unique nonbeauty product (the details are hush-hush).

Even though these products are popular with the Hollywood set, they're all priced at less than $40.

"Most of what's out there now is junk. It's all marketing," Williams said. "Our philosophy is, if it's a good product, people will buy it again. You don't have to overprice it."

In the Chicago area, StarMaker products are sold only at CVS or at www.starmakerproducts.com.

Anson's 'Happy Days'

You can't interview Anson Williams without asking at least a few "Happy Days" questions, so to spare him the agony of repeating the same old stories, he faced just two questions in multiple choice format.

1) "Happy Days": love talking about it or hate talking about it? "Happy to talk about it, but it's old news," he said.

2) Ron Howard, love him, hate him or jealous of his success? "Love him so much. He's one of the greatest characters I've ever met in my life. Just a really good person. And talented. He deserves it," he said.

Williams also remembers the advice "Happy Days" creator Garry Marshall gave him back in the 1970s -- advice that proved to be valuable.

"He said, 'Take the opportunities at hand. You might be a star somewhere else,'" Williams said.

Since then, he always envisioned a life beyond "Happy Days."

"If you think like a Potsie, that's what you're going to be," he said.

(R.G. Armstrong as the Contractor in The Twilight Zone episode "Nothing in the Dark")
Old 01-17-2008, 05:22 AM   #2
ponytail

I have seen Anson on QVC. I should look into his product, I need all the help I can get. I didn't know he has 5 girls! Thanks Zoneboy!
Old 01-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Thumbs up

I read about that awhile ago. Good for Anson.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 01-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
spreckenzeedeu
Forum Regular
form.known.as iris*happydays

Nothing new to me, but what a great Interview/Article and *WOAH* what a great Photo !!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
Cactus Jack
Forum Idol
RonFingSwanson

Good for him!

I never wanna see Anson Williams and Hannah Montana in the same paragraph again though LOL

So does this make him Fonzie then?

Id Love to help you Tracy, but I cant have sex with a black guy, Id lose my endorsement deal with NASCAR-Jenna Maroney,30 Rock

April 17,2009 9:02 PM : 100,000th post!

[/b]