Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Photo Gallery

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete First Season

Buy The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete First Season on DVD
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Second Season

Buy The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Second Season on DVD
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo
Moesha Returns Daily to BET; NBC Schedules Maya Rudolph Variety-Comedy Special
TV Land Picks Up Hilary Duff, Sutton Foster Sitcom; Episodic Review: New Girl - "Big News" Airing Tonight on Fox
Maude Mother's Day Marathon on Logo; WE tv 2014 Upfront
Week 29 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Default Tatyana Ali appearance on this show talking abt former boyfriend's suicide...

Did anyone ever catch this show on E! channel? It had two segments and talks abt broken dreams in show business. The second segment talked abt the young actor who eventually committed suicide, . It was very sad and they talked with his ex-girlfriend Tatyana Ali who played Ashley Banks. She was devastated by his death and she was very upset by it as it showed on this program.

http://www.eonline.com/on/shows/brokendreams/

Here is a bio on the actor:

Born in Danbury, Connecticut, Brandis got his show-biz break at the age of six when he landed a recurring role on One Life to Live and appeared in numerous commercials. He moved to Los Angeles with his family at age nine and made guest appearances on shows such as L.A. Law, Who's the Boss?, Murder, She Wrote, Full House, and Kate & Allie.

He received his first starring role in The NeverEnding Story II, and went on to appear primarily in television roles. Of these, he is most famous for his portrayal of scientific prodigy Lucas Wolenczak in Steven Spielberg's futuristic science fiction series seaQuest DSV. He is also well known for voicing Mozenrath in Disney's television series Aladdin, and having played Barry Grabrewski in the film Sidekicks co-starring Chuck Norris. He also starred in the soccer movie Ladybugs with actor/comedian Rodney Dangerfield, and played the young "Stuttering Bill" Denbrough in the 1990 miniseries It, based on the epic horror novel by Stephen King.

During his lifetime he was romantically linked to Tatyana Ali, Heather McComb, Vinessa Shaw and Monica Keena. He accompanied actress Brittany Murphy to her high school prom. He expressed no interest in moving his career towards more directing work rather than acting. He had also auditioned for the role of Anakin Skywalker in George Lucas' Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

Death
On November 12, 2003, Brandis died from injuries he suffered after hanging himself the previous day. According to his mother, he went out to dinner with friends, then they went back to his apartment at 650 South Detroit Street. His friends reported that he seemed to be agitated and pacing around quite a bit. He left the room, and approximately 15 minutes later, one of his friends went looking for him and found him hanging by a nylon rope in the second floor hallway of his building. His friends cut him down and called paramedics. Despite all efforts to revive him, he was later pronounced dead. The Los Angeles Police Department released a statement regarding his death:

On November 11, 2003, at about 11:40 p.m., a friend of Jonathan Brandis called police to report that the actor had attempted suicide at his apartment, located in the 600 block of Detroit Avenue. Paramedics from the Los Angeles Fire department responded and transported Brandis to Cedars Sinai Medical Center where he eventually died from his injuries. Brandis' death was announced by hospital staff on November 12, 2003, at about 2:45 p.m."[1]
This section does not cite any references or sources.
Please improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unverifiable material may be challenged and removed. (November 2007)

Brandis apparently did not leave a note of any kind. His family was devastated upon receiving news of his death. He had no known personal problems, except for the fact that he was usually quite hard on himself. According to his mother, he had no prior suicide attempts, drank socially and had quit smoking two years prior. Brandis's mother questioned whether his use of the acne drug Accutane may be to blame, citing that one of the clinical side effects was reported to cause psychosis and suicide although there is no conclusive evidence for this. In a People magazine article, friends were quoted as saying he was lonely and depressed about his lagging career. One friend admitted that Brandis drank heavily, and had even mentioned that he might kill himself. He was also said to be upset when his appearance in Hart's War, a role he hoped would be his comeback, was cut from the film.

Filmography
111 Gramercy Park (TV) (2003) .... Will Karnegian
Puerto Vallarta Squeeze (2003) .... Agent Neil Weatherford
The Year That Trembled (2002) .... Casey Pedersen
Hart's War (2002) .... Pvt. Lewis P. Wakely (deleted scenes)
A Fate Totally Worse Than Death (2000) .... Drew
Ride with the Devil (1999/I) .... Cave Wyatt
Outside Providence (1999) .... Mousy
Two Came Back (TV) (1997) .... Jason
Fall Into Darkness (TV) (1996) .... Chad
Born Free: A New Adventure (1996) (TV) .... Randal 'Rand' Everett Thompson
Her Last Chance (1996) (TV) .... Preston
Universal Studios Summer Blast (1994) (TV Special) .... Himself (a guest)
Good King Wenceslas (1994) (TV) .... Prince Wenceslas
seaQuest DSV TV Series (1993) .... Lucas Wolenczak
Saved by the Bell: The College Years (1993)...Himself
Aladdin (1993/I) TV Series (voice) .... Mozenrath
Sidekicks (1992) .... Barry Gabrewski
Ladybugs (movie) (1992) .... Matthew/Martha
Our Shining Moment (TV) (1991) .... Michael 'Scooter' McGuire
The Flash (TV) (1990) .... Terry
Stephen King's It (TV) (1990) .... William 'Stuttering Bill' Denbrough (age 12)
The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter (1990) .... Bastian Bux
Ghost Dad (1990) (voice) .... Additional Voices
Stepfather II (1989) .... Todd Grayland
Oliver & Company (1988) (voice) .... Additional Voice
The Wrong Guys (1988) .... Kid Tim
Poor Little Rich Girl: The Barbara Hutton Story (TV) (1987) .... Lance as Age 11
Fatal Attraction (1987) .... Party Guest
Mystery Magical Special (TV) (1986) .... Jonathan
One Life to Live TV Series (1986) .... Young Kevin Riley Buchanan
Old 01-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

well I guess I'm mentally strong then because I been qualified to hang myself but I just keep pushing. all the hobbies/escapes i have allow me to never get down
Old 01-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofTVResearch
well I guess I'm mentally strong then because I been qualified to hang myself but I just keep pushing. all the hobbies/escapes i have allow me to never get down
I hear that! Although I have been so depressed I couldn't even get out of bed.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

I remember when those two were dating. I too was shocked and saddened to hear the news.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013