Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Fall Pilot Review: Manhattan Love Story - Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 30; ABC Family Picks Up Young & Hungry for 2nd Season, and New Drama
ABC Fall Pilot Review: Selfie - Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 30; Starz Gives Us Sampling of LeBron James Produced Comedy
Week 1 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: Hub Network to Rebrand; Mork & Mindy to be Completed on DVD?
CBS Doubles Up on Big Bang on Mondays, Moves Mom; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of September 29, 2014)
Bounce TV Fall 2014 Info; Vintage SNL to Air in Primetime on Saturday Nights
VH1 Big Morning Buzz Live Returns with Comedic Co-Host; Hulu's New Series 11/22/63 Coming Soon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)

New Girl - The Complete Season Three The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season

09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-31-2009, 06:28 PM   #151
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by factsoflife
shen was also the reason why the character of quintent was recast with an older, teenage actor shortly into the series run. Because of her behavior and an incident on-set with her being drunk, the mother of the young kid playing him pulled him off the series. I also recall a fued betwee Brett and co-star Julie White.
Which is probably why Julie White left the show a season or so before it ended.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 12-31-2009, 06:29 PM   #152
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life
This might sound silly, but I think it might be a bit of a good thing if two actors who are at odds on screen also have issues with each other off screen. It seems like it might bring some truth and real tension to their scenes. I'm thinking of the Peter Bergman/Eric Braeden feud, specifically.
Not to mention the Michelle Stafford/Victoria Rowell feud!
Old 12-31-2009, 09:08 PM   #153
factsoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Not to mention the Michelle Stafford/Victoria Rowell feud!

true! i think it makes sense if two actors share an intense hatered of one another for many years it can make their scenes more real. Think about Sarah Geller and Susan Lucci, they despised one another and their scenes always had an intensity to them that Alicia Minshew has yet to ever match.

The Good Wife

CBS Sunday's 9pm/EST.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:15 PM   #154
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
true! i think it makes sense if two actors share an intense hatered of one another for many years it can make their scenes more real. Think about Sarah Geller and Susan Lucci, they despised one another and their scenes always had an intensity to them that Alicia Minshew has yet to ever match.
I never saw AMC when SMG was on, but I'll take your word for it.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:46 AM   #155
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Default Some More...

- The East Coast vs. West Coast (Tupac Shakur vs. Biggie Smalls)

- Faye Dunaway vs. Hilary Duff on Bonnie and Clyde remake

- Cary Elwes vs. "SAW Movies" over money issues and his distance from the series

- Isaac Hayes vs. "South Park" over Scientology

- Stallone vs. Van Damme on who can beat up each other with them almost coming into blows and not working together.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #156
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

This thread should really be called "Biggest Feuds in Show Business" since not all of these feuds have actually taken place in CA, but I digress. I'd forgotten about the Faye Dunaway/Hilary Duff thing. Boy, FD sure has gotten more and more bitter as the years have gone on. Maybe she really WASN'T acting in Network and Mommie Dearest!!
Old 01-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #157
factsoflife

[quote=catlover79]This thread should really be called "Biggest Feuds in Show Business" since not all of these feuds have actually taken place in CA, but I digress. I'd forgotten about the Faye Dunaway/Hilary Duff thing. Boy, FD sure has gotten more and more bitter as the years have gone on. Maybe she really WASN'T acting in Network and Mommie Dearest!! :eek: :lol:[/quote]

See i just don't consider the Dunaway/Duff thing a fued so much as Dunaway really saying that she didn't think Hillary Duff was talented enough to pull off a role like the one in Bonnie and Clyde. and let's be honest, she's not at all talented enough.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #158
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:

See i just don't consider the Dunaway/Duff thing a fued so much as Dunaway really saying that she didn't think Hillary Duff was talented enough to pull off a role like the one in Bonnie and Clyde. and let's be honest, she's not at all talented enough.
I agree that Hilary Duff in the role as Bonnie sounds like classic miscasting, but I guess we'll have to wait until the movie actually comes out before making any judgments. It'll be interesting either way!!
Old 01-02-2010, 04:53 AM   #159
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Val Kilmer vs. director John Frankenheimer on the set of The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996).
Old 01-02-2010, 05:21 AM   #160
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:

I think it does qualify as a feud since Dunaway said that "they should have casted a real actress" and Duff responded "I'd be mad to if I looked like that" and "My fans have no clue who she is anyway".

Maybe not a "big feud" but it is one.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #161
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

Quote:
Soap Opera Feuds:

Austin Peck & the cast of As the World Turns (supposedly he had an affair with a co-star and everyone turned on him because they all love the actress' husband)

I find this interesting... If I remember correctly, didn't Austin create a great deal of tensions on the set of Days of Our Lives because he was foisting his religious beliefs on the cast of the soap? Then he goes and has an affair with a married cast member? I hope it wasn't Maura West (Carly), who is married to Scott DeFrietas (ex-Andy Dixon)...

Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book

The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!
Old 01-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #162
factsoflife

[quote=80sTrivia]I find this interesting... If I remember correctly, didn't Austin create a great deal of tensions on the set of [i]Days of Our Lives[/i] because he was foisting his religious beliefs on the cast of the soap? Then he goes and has an affair with a married cast member? I hope it wasn't Maura West (Carly), who is married to Scott DeFrietas (ex-Andy Dixon)... :confused:[/quote]

The rumors seem to indicate that it's either Marie Wilson (Meg) or Teri Colombino (Katie), but nobody has said for sure either way. And i find it more odd that they are mad at Austin and not this supposed female co-star that had an affair with him.

I do recall some tension on the DOOL set because of Austin Peck. i'm not sure what the deal was there.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #163
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:

The rumors seem to indicate that it's either Marie Wilson (Meg) or Teri Colombino (Katie), but nobody has said for sure either way. And i find it more odd that they are mad at Austin and not this supposed female co-star that had an affair with him.

I do recall some tension on the DOOL set because of Austin Peck. i'm not sure what the deal was there.
Yeah, from what I hear it's Terri Colombino. Here's a post I read at another board and at makes a lot of sense:

"This is my reasoning on the AP debacle, some of its already been said but just thought I would throw my two cents in, I posted it in the ATWT thread as well.

I would seriously doubt the older crowd (CZP, KH, EF) and Maura West is extremely unlikely, since she just gave birth to her fifth child with Scott DeFreitas. I would also seriously doubt Kelley Menighan Hensley, since JH is on the show and I just saw pics of their cute family vacation in SOD this week...could be surprised by either of those but I would be truly shocked. Cady McClain, Ewa DaCruz, Marnie Schulenberg, and Meredith Hagner are all single, I believe. Noelle Beck and Chauntee Schuler are married but neither have been on the show long enough for their husbands to be loved by the whole cast, IMO. Unless I have forgotten someone, that leaves: Marie Wilson, Julie Pinson, and Terri Colombino. If gossip is to believed (and I totally think it is), MW is already shackin up with RH, plus her hubby lives in CA so he can't know the cast that well, which leaves JP and TC. Could be either but I'm goin with TC - she's been on the show 11 years so I can see him getting fired over her, and I've read about her husband being pals with many of her costars, not to mention I've seen pics of them on vacation with the Parks in SOD in the past, so that would make sense of the animosity between AP and MP. JP has only been on the show for a year and a half, Billy Warlock seems like a doll but I kinda doubt the entire cast has fallen in love with him in that time, plus I don't see them firing JP over AP in that instance. I don't know, just my best guess. Sad if it is TC though, she and her hubby seemed happy.

The whole thing is sad if true, though. Hopefully it's not, but I am sure something will leak one way or another..." ([url]http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3173853&st=7035[/url])

But you're right - it takes two to have an affair, so it's not just Austin Peck's fault. He recently separated from his wife as well. It's also kind of a moot point to wonder the long-term effects this would have on the show since it's been cancelled. :(
Old 01-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #164
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sTrivia
I find this interesting... If I remember correctly, didn't Austin create a great deal of tensions on the set of Days of Our Lives because he was foisting his religious beliefs on the cast of the soap? Then he goes and has an affair with a married cast member? I hope it wasn't Maura West (Carly), who is married to Scott DeFrietas (ex-Andy Dixon)...
It is sad about Austin Peck. Sadly, he's not the first to be in that situation and he won't be the last. I feel really bad for his kids.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #165
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

Lol

Quote:
Yeah, from what I hear it's Terri Colombino. Here's a post I read at another board and at makes a lot of sense:

I would seriously doubt the older crowd (CZP, KH, EF) and Maura West is extremely unlikely, since she just gave birth to her fifth child with Scott DeFreitas. I would also seriously doubt Kelley Menighan Hensley, since JH is on the show and I just saw pics of their cute family vacation in SOD this week...could be surprised by either of those but I would be truly shocked. Cady McClain, Ewa DaCruz, Marnie Schulenberg, and Meredith Hagner are all single, I believe. Noelle Beck and Chauntee Schuler are married but neither have been on the show long enough for their husbands to be loved by the whole cast, IMO. Unless I have forgotten someone, that leaves: Marie Wilson, Julie Pinson, and Terri Colombino. If gossip is to believed (and I totally think it is), MW is already shackin up with RH, plus her hubby lives in CA so he can't know the cast that well, which leaves JP and TC. Could be either but I'm goin with TC - she's been on the show 11 years so I can see him getting fired over her, and I've read about her husband being pals with many of her costars, not to mention I've seen pics of them on vacation with the Parks in SOD in the past, so that would make sense of the animosity between AP and MP. JP has only been on the show for a year and a half, Billy Warlock seems like a doll but I kinda doubt the entire cast has fallen in love with him in that time, plus I don't see them firing JP over AP in that instance. I don't know, just my best guess. Sad if it is TC though, she and her hubby seemed happy.

(http://forums.televisionwithoutpity....173853&st=7035)

Thanks for the info... I did have a bit of a time deciphering all the initials of the actors, however!!!