Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery


Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2007, 04:18 PM   #46
studd911
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 21, 2004
Posts: 1,261
Default

hey happy days fan, finally i got my happy days dvd season 3 yesterday, i was looking at all of the episodes, and they look great and the music saved the show. I am so happy that cbs/paramount address these issues. I was looking at fonzie new friend and they cut a scene at the very end where fonzie was doing the limbo. I saw that in a date with fonzie they cut out more scenes which was mentioned. And the motorcycle scenes which was missing some footages, but any way the whole dvd was ok. But as i have said when cbs/paramount get to the rest of the seasons like fonzie loves pinky the three part episodes, fonzie goes to hollywood and other episodes that has three part they really must address the editing features and all of the original missing footages which i am sure they will, as a matter of face i just finish my letter to them requesting that they address these issues. I am glad that they finally address the music issues which we are all looking for the same results in season 4 but they have to work on improving the footages which is a must, i am dying too see the love scenes from fonzie loves pinky. I was watching on the dvd the episode they call it potsie love and by watching the episode on tv land, i do not think that they showed the scenes where joannie was dreaming about the wedding or the scenes where she was getting some advice from fonzie. I was also watching the episode where fonzie had to stop the fight between the falcons and the dragons, and i saw a scenes which i do not think was shown in syndication where fonzie was lefting weights with richie trying to get him to go down and stop the rumble.
Getting back to the episode they call it potsie love there was a closing scenes which could have been shown in syndication where marion was talking with joanne about life and heart being broken. But the episode of Arnold wedding was a classics original scenes to see which i did not see in syndication where fonzie was dancing with that japanse girl. Again the dvd was hott but cbs/paramount pleas address the editing issues and more songs of the band singing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:39 PM   #47
Billy K.
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 20, 2006
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
hey happy days fan, finally i got my happy days dvd season 3 yesterday, i was looking at all of the episodes, and they look great and the music saved the show. I am so happy that cbs/paramount address these issues. I was looking at fonzie new friend and they cut a scene at the very end where fonzie was doing the limbo. I saw that in a date with fonzie they cut out more scenes which was mentioned. And the motorcycle scenes which was missing some footages, but any way the whole dvd was ok. But as i have said when cbs/paramount get to the rest of the seasons like fonzie loves pinky the three part episodes, fonzie goes to hollywood and other episodes that has three part they really must address the editing features and all of the original missing footages which i am sure they will, as a matter of face i just finish my letter to them requesting that they address these issues. I am glad that they finally address the music issues which we are all looking for the same results in season 4 but they have to work on improving the footages which is a must, i am dying too see the love scenes from fonzie loves pinky. I was watching on the dvd the episode they call it potsie love and by watching the episode on tv land, i do not think that they showed the scenes where joannie was dreaming about the wedding or the scenes where she was getting some advice from fonzie. I was also watching the episode where fonzie had to stop the fight between the falcons and the dragons, and i saw a scenes which i do not think was shown in syndication where fonzie was lefting weights with richie trying to get him to go down and stop the rumble.
Getting back to the episode they call it potsie love there was a closing scenes which could have been shown in syndication where marion was talking with joanne about life and heart being broken. But the episode of Arnold wedding was a classics original scenes to see which i did not see in syndication where fonzie was dancing with that japanse girl. Again the dvd was hott but cbs/paramount pleas address the editing issues and more songs of the band singing.

Are you talking about you don't remember seeing those scenes on TVland or on the DVD? - because they've been restored.

I'm still holding out hope that they can go back to fix Season 2 (where they have the most music problems - and maybe they can clean the picture some more).
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #48
studd911
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 21, 2004
Posts: 1,261
Default

The scenes where marion was talking with joannie i do not believe i saw that on the tv land version, and i did not see the scenes at arnold wedding on the dvd but not in syndication where fonzie was dancing with that japanse girl. Again CBS/Paramount has to address the editing footages before they ge to season 4 and others. Hey BILLYK since you got your dvd from amazon.com, maybe if you want you could post a comment about seeing cbs/paramount addressing the editing issues, i no that theh should not have any trouble clearing any of the music now for the rest of the seasons.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:41 PM   #49
anglemark10
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: May 06, 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
i no that theh should not have any trouble clearing any of the music now for the rest of the seasons.
What makes you think that? Just because the music is present for season three doesn't mean it will be smooth sailing from here on out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:47 AM   #50
robyrob
Moderator
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3
 
robyrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2003
Location: hiding under the third booth at Arnold's
Posts: 54,342
Default

there will be definitely still be music issues in the future season's releases - in the season 6 episode "Stolen Melodies" they have a LONG scene where Joainie and Marion are doing "the Twist", they start with the dancing and continue as Howard comes home, then Richie and Leather come in with the band's new demo recording.

Chubby Checker has consistently sued for millions for each and every use of his songs - he claims that even the dance is his, so it doesn't seem like there is any way to do any of that scene.

I am sure that there will be other scenes throughout the rest of the series that will cause some problems, but at least Paramount is TRYING to get some of the music in there and keep it mostly intact.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #51
FonzForever
Forum Regular
A classic
 
FonzForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 16, 2002
Location: Discussing "the rules" with Cynthia ;)
Posts: 580
Default

Each set seems to have plus and minus. I'm resigned to the fact that
for whatevers reasons we probably won't see anything as close to perfect as the season 1 set again. I have to say though that the video quality surpasses what was being presented on TV land. I've kept my tapes (witht he exception of Season 1, no need for it anymore since the season 1 DVd set is so complete) and the DVD sets are better in video quality even if they aren't given the "Full Treatment" that some more contempory show shave.
I think it's easy to forget there was a point a few years ago where it looked like Happy Days DVD sets would never see the light of day. Then when they did come out, there were issues. Lot of of money for music in season 1 but sales weren't as expected. After a huge delay Season 2 comes out with mostly edited out music and an uproar ensues. Despite all this Season 3 (with many classic episodes) makes it way to us and the music has mostly returned. If future sets are the quality of Season 3 (music intact) I'l be happy. Make no mistake I'd love to see each and every episode uncut with all music as originally aired. But in lieu of that more DVD's liek Season 3 are OK with me.
Imagine if tomorrow you found out Season 3 didn't sell what they wanted and a decent sales/money spent for original music ratio could not be reached. That seasons four and beyond would not be coming out. The samll omissions suddenly wouldn't wouldn't seem so important. I do believe we'll see at least seasons 4 & 5 though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #52
Billy K.
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 20, 2006
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FonzForever
Each set seems to have plus and minus. I'm resigned to the fact that
for whatevers reasons we probably won't see anything as close to perfect as the season 1 set again. I have to say though that the video quality surpasses what was being presented on TV land. I've kept my tapes (witht he exception of Season 1, no need for it anymore since the season 1 DVd set is so complete) and the DVD sets are better in video quality even if they aren't given the "Full Treatment" that some more contempory show shave.
I think it's easy to forget there was a point a few years ago where it looked like Happy Days DVD sets would never see the light of day. Then when they did come out, there were issues. Lot of of money for music in season 1 but sales weren't as expected. After a huge delay Season 2 comes out with mostly edited out music and an uproar ensues. Despite all this Season 3 (with many classic episodes) makes it way to us and the music has mostly returned. If future sets are the quality of Season 3 (music intact) I'l be happy. Make no mistake I'd love to see each and every episode uncut with all music as originally aired. But in lieu of that more DVD's liek Season 3 are OK with me.
Imagine if tomorrow you found out Season 3 didn't sell what they wanted and a decent sales/money spent for original music ratio could not be reached. That seasons four and beyond would not be coming out. The samll omissions suddenly wouldn't wouldn't seem so important. I do believe we'll see at least seasons 4 & 5 though.

Agreed on all points. At least we're getting SOMETHING! They could say, "hey it's not worth it because we can't get the music rights/complete episodes".

BTW, if they can make it the same quality wise (small edits and all) like Season 3 - I'm up for it.

I think the music (IMO) matter most during Seasons 1 & 2. I'm sure most will disagree with me (ex. the band singing "real" 50s songs, the jukebox hitting by Fonzie, etc.).
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:37 PM   #53
spreckenzeedeu
Forum Regular
form.known.as iris*happydays
 
spreckenzeedeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 13, 2000
Location: GERMANY
Posts: 897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy K.
At least we're getting SOMETHING!

Thank You. Finally somebody is saying that.

Not everything is/was perfect with the Releases. But I am not complaining. I am happy and thankful that there are DVDs now. And I really really really really hope, that the other Seasons will be released too...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:02 AM   #54
faraj
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 03, 2004
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
The scenes where marion was talking with joannie i do not believe i saw that on the tv land version, and i did not see the scenes at arnold wedding on the dvd but not in syndication where fonzie was dancing with that japanse girl. Again CBS/Paramount has to address the editing footages before they ge to season 4 and others. Hey BILLYK since you got your dvd from amazon.com, maybe if you want you could post a comment about seeing cbs/paramount addressing the editing issues, i no that theh should not have any trouble clearing any of the music now for the rest of the seasons.
Yeah, but CBS/Paramount addressing the editing footages before going to season 4 and beyond seems unlikely to happen. Sorry to say.
__________________
John
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #55
dave insinga
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: May 19, 2005
Posts: 585
Default im not going to complain either

the third set is a hell of alot better than the second one and if this is as close to original we can get than so be it . i want the whole series and if they are all of the same quality as that of season 3 ,i can live with that i have the tv land/nick at night version this is much better than that was .
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #56
faraj
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 03, 2004
Posts: 656
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave insinga
the third set is a hell of alot better than the second one and if this is as close to original we can get than so be it . i want the whole series and if they are all of the same quality as that of season 3 ,i can live with that i have the tv land/nick at night version this is much better than that was .
Right on. Good point, and I like your attitude. You go, boy! LOL! And I agree with everything you said, so amen to all of that.

Last edited by faraj : 12-11-2007 at 10:32 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #57
Billy K.
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 20, 2006
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraj
Right on. Good point, and I like your attitude. You go, boy! LOL! And I agree with everything you said.

Me Too!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #58
spreckenzeedeu
Forum Regular
form.known.as iris*happydays
 
spreckenzeedeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 13, 2000
Location: GERMANY
Posts: 897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave insinga
i want the whole series and if they are all of the same quality as that of season 3, i can live with that

*thumb up* I totally agree
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:32 PM   #59
faraj
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 03, 2004
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretHeart
*thumb up* I totally agree
Amen. One thing I don't understand, though, is why they'd leave out some parts that weren't cut out in syndication before. That's what bothers me.

Last edited by faraj : 12-15-2007 at 09:04 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:18 PM   #60
wayne
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 03, 2000
Location: portland Oregon, Inspiration Point
Posts: 1,046
Default

There was a scene in "football frolics" in which at the end Fonzie realizes that his date's name was Jennifer. I don't think I have seen that since the episode first aired.
__________________
wayne's world
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.