Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #31
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Default ive gotten through the first 6 episodes

i am delighted so far the quality is much better than season 2
the episodes are intact if the rest of the set looks as good as the episodes ive watched i would be happy.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #32
FonzForever
Forum Regular
A classic

I got mine at Best Buy. For anyone looking if you go the best buy website, it will tell you whether any BB locations near you have it in stock.
Even though I've always stressed how much I love the characters it's great to have the music back. I wonder if the lessened availibility of this set (maybe less copies produced) and less music rights to buy made the music inclusions possible. If so I'm all for it. Sell it and tailor it to the people who want it and will pay for it. I'm loving Season 3 which is a favorite of mine anyway. In comparison to Season 2, I'll probably have gone through all four disks by the end of next weekend. Took me about a month with Season 2.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:25 PM   #33
studd911

hey was anybody shocked too find out from your reviews that season 3 was going to have all of the original music intact which was not heard in season 2 i thank god for pavan and todd. But tell me what was the formula and the key to finally get cbs/paramount to spend the money on the original music rights, was it the fans garry marshall, but whatever they did i am glad season 3 should sell well so they can get and clear more of the original music, it would not surprise me if they included little darlin by diamonds which was not heard in season 2 on season 4, finally they saw the light, hey i wanted to asked you something, if season 3 as well as all of the seasons sell well with all of the original music intact, do you think cbs/paramount will go back and re-released season 2 with whatever money is left over from the sells that would be cool, hey i was reading on amazon.com a comment from one of the custumer services buyers and what did she mean by I have detected no glaring music edits does this mean that this is all of the original music which was heard on the abc broadcast, just curious. Hey does it show at the end of the credits all of the music artist.
One last thing, i live down here in georgia and walmart never has any dvd release which is sad,
but since some of you guys have hd3 could someone post some pics up from the deleted scenes, thats if you can, and i have one question, if season 3 does well along with the other release with the original music intact, does anybody thing that with whatever money is left over that cbs/paramount will try to re-release season 2 just a suggestion
Old 12-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #34
wayne

I am impressed with what I have seen so far. The music is the same and it is nice to see some scenes that were deleted so that the commercials would fit.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:31 AM   #35
stoneofzanzibar
First Time Poster

There's another brief scene of "The Motorcycle" that's also missing! After the scene at Arnold's where Ralph walks in pretending to know nothing we go to the break. The next scene began showing Ralph pulling into Arnold's parking lot and getting out of his car. He then was greeted by Marsha who asked him if he was taking a trip (or something along those lines). He then went inside. The only part of that scene on the DVD shows Ralph walking into Arnold's.
I remember seeing this scene as recently as 1984 on a syndicated episode in Chicago.
More proof: Beatrice Cohen is credited at the end. Unless she spoke, she wouldn't be credited, as she is only seen in the background in the entire DVD episode!

How many other brief scenes are probably omitted or edited?

This is inexcusable.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:42 PM   #36
Billy K.
Forum Regular

Ouch! Good catch!

I think Studd also found another edit in that episode as well.

Well how about "PRETTY MUCH" unedited episodes!
Old 12-04-2007, 02:45 PM   #37
Billy K.
Forum Regular

I actually haven't watched the set since last week -- I've been watching Season 2 - watched that over the weekend and last night started watching Season 1 again.

Wow...IMO they did a "GREAT" job with season 1 -- I think that's when Paramont was on it's own without CBS.

Ever since CBS came on board tit seems these sets aren't as good.

But the music - after watching a few Season 1 episodes - make ALL THE DIFFERENCE!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:51 PM   #38
studd911

hey i am just so happy that cbs/paramount address all of the important issues in clearing all of the original music intact, but in future reference especially when season 4 comes out that they must address the editing footages especially with the three part episode fonzie loves pinky, too see all f the original missing footages that you cannot see anywhere else, that to me is the only thing that they must address if they can handle that everything else will fall into play, but with all of the response with season 3 it will sell, but i am glade that they finally saw the light. I am looking forward too seeing the same results on season 4 like we saw on season 3. But i guess they are working on the footages that is missing. And more of the original songs that the band had covered. I no that all of the songs and music will be intact for the other seasons, but i wonder if they are planning on re-releasing season 2 again anything could happen. By the way how many original songs where used in season 3 50 just asking.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:59 PM   #39
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneofzanzibar
There's another brief scene of "The Motorcycle" that's also missing! After the scene at Arnold's where Ralph walks in pretending to know nothing we go to the break. The next scene began showing Ralph pulling into Arnold's parking lot and getting out of his car. He then was greeted by Marsha who asked him if he was taking a trip (or something along those lines). He then went inside. The only part of that scene on the DVD shows Ralph walking into Arnold's.
I remember seeing this scene as recently as 1984 on a syndicated episode in Chicago.
More proof: Beatrice Cohen is credited at the end. Unless she spoke, she wouldn't be credited, as she is only seen in the background in the entire DVD episode!

How many other brief scenes are probably omitted or edited?

This is inexcusable.
Wow, man, that really sucks. Well, maybe season 3 will be re-released with those missing scenes from the motorcycle ep. restored. Who knows? I thought she was just credited coz she was seen in the background. I wonder if there's a Happy Days episode with both her and Arnold. I know she also appeared in that episode when they made Fonzie a cop, but Arnold wasn't in it.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:00 AM   #40
wayne

There are a couple of scenes that were missing that I noticed. One is in the one with Sticks Downey with the luau ending and also with Laverne and Shirley in which Fonzie lets Ritchie in and he has to explain to Dad what happened. I wonder why they did that. I haven't seen the entire last two tapes but "they call it Potsie love" looks intact..
Old 12-05-2007, 10:33 AM   #41
Billy K.
Forum Regular

Yeah...the tag scenes from "A Date With Fonzie" and "Fonzie's New Friend" were missing on the DVD set.

Also a scene in "The Motorcycle" was missing.

Anything else that anyone noticed?

It would be interesting to see if they would go back to Season 2 and put the music back in since everyone was making a big stink about it.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #42
faraj
Forum Regular

Default "A Date With Fonzie" edit (Not just the tag scene)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne
There are a couple of scenes that were missing that I noticed. One is in the one with Sticks Downey with the luau ending and also with Laverne and Shirley in which Fonzie lets Ritchie in and he has to explain to Dad what happened. I wonder why they did that. I haven't seen the entire last two tapes but "they call it Potsie love" looks intact..

I just watched "A Date with Fonzie" on DVD the other night, and I noticed that it's not just the tag scene that was left out. There's something else cut out. The scene where Richie, Fonzie, Laverne, and Shirley were all locked out of the house and couldn't get in before Richie went in through the window and knocked down the lamp. coz I do remember Fonzie saying, "Mr. Cunningham, we are freezing out here!!" They just faded from the Arnold's scene where Richie met Laverne and Shirley and went right to the part where Richie climbed into the window of his house, knocked down the lamp, ripped his pants, and read the note from Joanie taunting him about locking himself out. And "Fonzie's New Friend" also has some edit scenes left out besides the tag scene which is posted on a separate thread.

Something's gotta be done because this is ridiculously too much editing. Season 3 needs to be reworked with all this stuff fixed along with some Motorcycle scenes that were also left out. I've never seen this many scenes edited from the episodes of one TV show on DVD before. Anyone who has the address (postal or e-mail) to the CBS/Paramount studio, I could write to them to complain, to point out all these DVD edits, to find out what the heck's going on, and to urge them to rework on this DVD set if possible.

Last edited by faraj : 12-06-2007 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Just wanted to add the title
Old 12-06-2007, 06:33 PM   #43
studd911

CBS/PARAMOUNT really needs too address the editing fotages, hopfully they are working on the footages on season 4, does anybody remember seeing and hearing the band covering some of little richard's songs like reddy teddy and rip it up. Are there any episodes that are not edited out in fonzie moves in richie fights Fearless Fonzarelli (Part One) fearrless Fonzarelli part two The Other Richie Cunningham They Call It Potsie Love and other episodes that are not edited
Old 12-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #44
Billy K.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
CBS/PARAMOUNT really needs too address the editing fotages, hopfully they are working on the footages on season 4, does anybody remember seeing and hearing the band covering some of little richard's songs like reddy teddy and rip it up. Are there any episodes that are not edited out in fonzie moves in richie fights Fearless Fonzarelli (Part One) fearrless Fonzarelli part two The Other Richie Cunningham They Call It Potsie Love and other episodes that are not edited

I believe those are intact Studd - those episodes that you mentioned.

They're about 25 1/2 minutes in length (roughly)

"Fonzie Moves In" (25:29)

"Fearless Fonzarelli - Part 1" (25:30)

"Fearless Fonzarelli - Part 2" (25:33)

"The Other Richie Cunningham" (25:30)

"Richie Fights Back" (25:30)

I just saw "They Call It Potsie Love" (25:33) (w/ Potsie singing "Put Your Head on My Shoulders" to Joanie as well as "Shake Rattle And Roll" - and "Tell It To The Marines" (25:32) tonight and it didn't look like anything was missing. I also saw "Dance Contest" (25:30) as well and that appeared to be intact. I'm coming up onto "Fonzie The Superstar".

You can tell though like in Fearless Fonzarelli (both episodes) where they were using different prints of the film - like in the hospital scene in Part 2. It didn't have as much color as it was going from cut to cut.

BTW, did you check out my post regarding "Fonzie's New Friend"?

Yes, Faraj, there is some more footage missing from "A Date With Fonzie", as I'm sure there is more footage missing from "The Motorcycle" and "The 2nd Anniversary Special"
Old 12-06-2007, 07:49 PM   #45
Billy K.
Forum Regular

Actually depending on if you count the new "Paramont/CBS" logo at the end, most of them last 25.30/25.32.