Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Game Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Game Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: New Sitcoms - What's Working and What's Not?; Brockmire Season 3 Brings Out the Stars
ABC Picks Up Single Parents for Full Year; Netflix Gets Tia Mowry and Loretta Devine Sitcom
Showtime Comedy Gets More Stars; Netflix Orders New Comedy from Novel Writer
NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival
ABC Fall Pilot Review: The Kids Are Alright - Premieres Tuesday (Oct. 16); FX Gets New Comedy for 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Patricia Heaton Eyes a Return to TV With CBS Sitcom; VEI Announced Bad News Bears TV Series DVD Release

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-17-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
Chelsea
Semi-retired

Default 2007 GSN Viewer's Choice Marathon

VIEWER'S CHOICE MARATHON
Friday, November 23rd ~ 9am - 7pm

We’re giving fans the shows they want to see most! Viewers can spend the day resting and digesting in front of ten hours of their GSN favorites, which they’ll hand-pick in an online poll. Which shows will viewers deem most popular? Which shows won’t make the cut? Only time will tell, and game show lovers will definitely tune in to find out. They’ll choose the shows, we’ll choose the episodes, — the very best episodes.

Schedule of Episodes
9:00AM ET: Family Feud (Dawson)
9:30AM ET: TattleTales
10:00AM ET: Super Password
10:30AM ET: Card Sharks (Eubanks)
11:00AM ET: Match Game
11:30AM ET: Trivia Trap
12:00PM ET: Password Plus
12:30PM ET: Press Your Luck
1:00PM ET: Password
1:30PM ET: Card Sharks (Perry)
2:00PM ET: Wheel of Fortune
2:30PM ET: Let’s Make A Deal
3:00PM ET: Match Game PM
3:30PM ET: Hot Potato
4:00PM ET: Treasure Hunt
4:30PM ET: Jackpot!
5:00PM ET: Bullseye
5:30PM ET: The Joker’s Wild
6:00PM ET: Tic Tac Dough
6:30PM ET: The $100,000 Pyramid
Former Seth, 1986-2015
For questions, comments, troubleshooting, or forum help, please PM TJ.

Last edited by Chelsea; 11-20-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Chelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
Chelsea
Semi-retired

Basically, the second half of this marathon is just about every online game show fan in existence voting en masse for pretty much anything not on the current schedule. They're ALL good quality shows (Here's a little tidbit - of the 20...well, OK, 19 shows airing in this marathon, Match Game is my *least* favorite. And I've seen all 19 [remember, 2 different Match Games] at least once)
Old 11-17-2007, 06:11 PM   #3
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Oh I love Treasure Hunt!!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #4
JT

GSN got good again as soon as we dropped digital cable. What is this I hear of "Now You See It" airing nightly? WTF? And they couldn't do this two years ago!?
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:01 PM   #5
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT

GSN got good again as soon as we dropped digital cable. What is this I hear of "Now You See It" airing nightly? WTF? And they couldn't do this two years ago!?
yep, they've been airing this nightly at 1:30 a.m., the Narz version too.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #6
Mikado
Main st bridge
Forum Celebrity

I cant get GSN Id love to see Allen Ludden's Password, Matchgame and especially the REAL Newlywed Game <With Bob Eubanks (My all-time fave) again!!! (sigh)
Mikado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:47 AM   #7
Chelsea
Semi-retired

A warning: GSN's on-air guide has replaced the schedule of shows as shown-above with the text "Viewers Choice Marathon" A couple of scenarios:

1: They didn't intend for this schedule to get out. (The schedule in the post was appended by me to text on GSN's publicity and ad sales site)

2: The marathon, as originally posted, was incorrect.

The former is EXTREMELY more likely than the latter, but be warned nonetheless.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:55 AM   #8
Chelsea
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
And they couldn't do this two years ago!?
Nope. GSN changed Presidents in August. That's when Now You See It (and Trivia Trap) both got added to the daily schedule (Tuesdays through Saturdays at 1 AM ET), while Alex Trebek's Double Dare (no, it's not anything like the Nickelodeon show...), Body Language, and the Monty Hall-hosted Beat the Block all air once a week now. Not to mention that GSN's actually promoting their entire schedule (in block groups) on a consistent basis for the first time in a good six years.

ONLY SPECULATION, but I think the network may have a few schedule changes in the work in January.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:40 AM   #9
JT

Oh, okay, I remember reading about Cronin stepping down. It's funny, because when he came along back in 2001, many people were happy. He was bringing "Press Your Luck" and "The $1.98 Beauty Show" with him, for goodness sake! But yeah, it ultimately turned sour, and in a very horrible way.

I thought that NYSI and Trebek's DD were just one time things...didn't know they ended up on the regular schedule. I guess I'm gonna have to get that old digital box back again...ugh. But it's worth it lol Not to mention SOAPnet's on digital and that's still good for "Dallas," "Melrose Place," and "Ryan's Hope," if nothing else.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

I would love to see Tic Tac Dough and The 100,000 Pyramid
Old 11-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #11
Chelsea
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
But it's worth it lol Not to mention SOAPnet's on digital and that's still good for..."Ryan's Hope," if nothing else.
Since apparently you haven't had the digital in a little while, thought I'd warn you now: SoapNet reset to 1975 again. I'm starting to think the only tapes they bothered to convert for air are 1975-1981
Old 11-20-2007, 11:26 PM   #12
JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth
Since apparently you haven't had the digital in a little while, thought I'd warn you now: SoapNet reset to 1975 again. I'm starting to think the only tapes they bothered to convert for air are 1975-1981
Yeah, I heard about that. I never got to see RH regularly before (except for a couple of one-off chances of being somewhere where SOAPnet is offered...such as when I was in the hospital for a week), so rewinding back to 1975 is not a problem with me. But I know it sucks like hell for the people who are waiting for them to go further into the 80s.

I think you're right about the conversion thing. SOAPnet wants to be this hip network, and I know that airing a (gasp) traditional soap from the 1970s isn't what they see as hip. They'd definitely air the later stuff if they could, I bet, but they probably don't want to waste time converting episodes of a show that they're probably waiting to get rid of (if not for its huge fanbase, I don't think it would still be there). With Frons in charge, nothing would surprise me anymore.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:10 AM   #13
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

hahaha...no modern shows.
dawsongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:17 AM   #14
friendsfan77
-

As far as Ryan's Hope goes, it's been known that for a number of the episodes past 1982, that they have trouble getting rights to the music that was used on the show, even though some episodes 1982 and on have aired (in particular, the St. Patrick's Day episodes). God, I could probably go on for a 3 hour rant about SOAPnet.

The GSN marathon yesterday was awesome. The second best marathon since the WoF one that was on back in August. Even thought it's only once a week, I was really glad to see Body Language come back.

JT, you would have loved Tattletales. It was a soap week episode. It featured Jerry Douglas & Deborah Adair (Y&R), Frank Runyon & Meg Ryan (ATWT), and Bill Byer & Leslie Graves (Capitol).
friendsfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:22 AM   #15
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
Oh, okay, I remember reading about Cronin stepping down. It's funny, because when he came along back in 2001, many people were happy. He was bringing "Press Your Luck" and "The $1.98 Beauty Show" with him, for goodness sake! But yeah, it ultimately turned sour, and in a very horrible way.

I thought that NYSI and Trebek's DD were just one time things...didn't know they ended up on the regular schedule. I guess I'm gonna have to get that old digital box back again...ugh. But it's worth it lol Not to mention SOAPnet's on digital and that's still good for "Dallas," "Melrose Place," and "Ryan's Hope," if nothing else.
For a while there, us DALLAS fans were blasting away at SN for taking off DALLAS from its regular schedule and only airing it on Thursdays and Fridays at noon. It eventually came back to the double daily dose that we had been accustomed to. SN is really trying to catch the younger viewers with their stale, crappy dramas, but I tell you this, it is the adults who pay the cable NOT THE YOUNG PEOPLE.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote