Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Full House links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Full House Photo Gallery


Full House - The Complete First Season

Buy Full House - The Complete First Season on DVD
Full House - The Complete Second Season

Buy Full House - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Full House - The Complete Third Season

Buy Full House - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Full House - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Full House - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Full House - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Full House - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Full House - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Full House - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Full House - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Full House - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Full House - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Full House - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Full House - The Complete Series

Buy Full House - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Full House

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Shows to Catch Up on This Summer; The Conners Coming to ABC Tuesdays This Fall
3rd Rock from the Sun Launches on Laff in July; The CW Fall 2018 Premiere Dates
NBC Fall 2018 Premiere Dates; Season 4 of Bounce Sitcom Premieres July 2
The History of Comedy Returns to CNN; Showtime Gets First Late Night Talk Show
Showtime Gets Don Cheadle Comedy; HBO Special Directed by Jerrod Carmichael Coming Soon
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 18, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Spinoff One Step Closer to Reality; Netflix to Air New Season of Lucifer
Fri-Yay: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Finally Finds Its Best Self; All About the Washingtons with Rev Run Coming to Netflix
Paramount Network Comedy Scores in Ratings; Stan Against Evil Returns on Halloween for Season 3
WGN America Picks Up Two Original Series; Pop TV Orders New Comedy Florida Girls


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)

Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season Step by Step - The Complete First Season Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
TJ
Administrator
Administrator
 
TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2000
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 7,628
Default Full House - The Complete Eighth Season DVD Review

Goodbye, guys and girls! The fun final season of Full House is now on DVD from Warner Home Video! The long-running family sitcom Full House is now complete on DVD after this set. The show ran for an impressive eight seasons on ABC from 1987-1995. The final season stars John Stamos, Bob Saget, Dave Coulier, Candace Cameron, Jodie Sweetin, Lori Loughlin, Andrea Barber, Scott Weinger, Blake & Dylant Tuomy-Wilhoit, and Mark-Kate & Ashley Olsen.

Read our review by Pavan here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/fullhou...dvdreview.html

Please post any questions or comments about this set.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:00 AM   #2
DTF955
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 15, 2002
Posts: 410
Default

Let's think positive - about scenes that *are* in this set that are cut out in syndication. There didn't seem to be many in season 7 - most of what was cut out in syndication is teasers, from what a friend told me. (I didn't get it, I don't like seasons 7-8, and also didn't have the money anyway.)

But, what about season 8? From the script on full-house.org we know the scene where Becy actually teaches Michelle how to cook should be there. And, someone mentioned Danny and Michelle looking through the photo album of family favorites.
__________________
Full House Chronology - at the webite "Tanner Central" among others (or e-mail fullhousechron (at) aol.com. "If Baseball Integrated Early," about baseball integrated fromt he beginning, & other works at baseballwhatifs (at) aol.com
DTF955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:17 PM   #3
fullhousefan91619
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 11, 2005
Posts: 323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTF955
Let's think positive - about scenes that *are* in this set that are cut out in syndication. There didn't seem to be many in season 7 - most of what was cut out in syndication is teasers, from what a friend told me. (I didn't get it, I don't like seasons 7-8, and also didn't have the money anyway.)

But, what about season 8? From the script on full-house.org we know the scene where Becy actually teaches Michelle how to cook should be there. And, someone mentioned Danny and Michelle looking through the photo album of family favorites.
WHAT!? The scene where Becky actually teaches Michelle how to cook and, the scene where Danny and Michelle looking through the photo album are both there! I just saw them!
fullhousefan91619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
DTF955
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 15, 2002
Posts: 410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullhousefan91619
WHAT!? The scene where Becky actually teaches Michelle how to cook and, the scene where Danny and Michelle looking through the photo album are both there! I just saw them!
Why the surprise - I said let's talk about scenes that are there. Then, I said these two should be - I couldn't say they were since I didn't have the DVD.

Perhaps we're too used to complaining on here or something :-) But, grammatically, if I recall correctly, the use of the word "should" in this context is correct - just as if the sky got all dark, we heard thund4er and lightning, and I said, "It should rain very soon." :-)

Now, I supose I could have said "I should know" becasue there are those of us, such as yourself, who have knowledge that they are there.Just as if you were on the path of that rain and got it a few minutes ahead of me. :-)
DTF955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #5
fullhousefan91619
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 11, 2005
Posts: 323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTF955
Why the surprise - I said let's talk about scenes that are there. Then, I said these two should be - I couldn't say they were since I didn't have the DVD.

Perhaps we're too used to complaining on here or something :-) But, grammatically, if I recall correctly, the use of the word "should" in this context is correct - just as if the sky got all dark, we heard thund4er and lightning, and I said, "It should rain very soon." :-)

Now, I supose I could have said "I should know" becasue there are those of us, such as yourself, who have knowledge that they are there.Just as if you were on the path of that rain and got it a few minutes ahead of me. :-)
Oh, I'm sorry, I get it now and yes you were grammatically correct. You're very smart! Did you go to Harvard?
fullhousefan91619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:47 PM   #6
DTF955
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 15, 2002
Posts: 410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullhousefan91619
Oh, I'm sorry, I get it now and yes you were grammatically correct. You're very smart! Did you go to Harvard?
Better yet, the College of Wooster - one of only a few schools that has a required Independent Study thesis to graduate. I majored in Communication, and my thesis was 81 pages long, counting table of contents, etc.

So, obviously, I'm smart and just plain obsessed with writing at times
DTF955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
fullhousefan91619
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 11, 2005
Posts: 323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTF955
Better yet, the College of Wooster - one of only a few schools that has a required Independent Study thesis to graduate. I majored in Communication, and my thesis was 81 pages long, counting table of contents, etc.

So, obviously, I'm smart and just plain obsessed with writing at times
I can certainly tell!
fullhousefan91619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:01 PM   #8
ILuvZackMorris
Member
Frequent Poster
 
ILuvZackMorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 31, 2004
Posts: 210
Default

Is the series finale in its COMPLETE 1 HOUR Format or is it in that stupid 2 part format that they did for syndication? I would hope they'd keep it in the 1 HOUR Complete format and have the final curtain call as well.
ILuvZackMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:13 PM   #9
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
 
Pavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 17, 2000
Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Posts: 26,248
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default

It is in 2 parts. No final curtain.
__________________
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog -- The best news out there!
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:08 PM   #10
ILuvZackMorris
Member
Frequent Poster
 
ILuvZackMorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 31, 2004
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
It is in 2 parts. No final curtain.
Then I won't waste a dime on the 8 season. If they can't give it to us as it originally aired - as one hour & with the final curtain bow, then its not worth it.

Plus, Warner Brothers snubbed us loyal fans on special features on the 4th season+. And they did eliminate English subtitles for a few seasons.
ILuvZackMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.