Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Theme Song Lyrics: Requests and Archive
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo
Moesha Returns Daily to BET; NBC Schedules Maya Rudolph Variety-Comedy Special
TV Land Picks Up Hilary Duff, Sutton Foster Sitcom; Episodic Review: New Girl - "Big News" Airing Tonight on Fox
Maude Mother's Day Marathon on Logo; WE tv 2014 Upfront
Week 29 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Simpsons Comes to FXX in Style; New Fox MOD Releases; Welcome Back, Kotter on DVD?

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-31-2007, 03:49 PM   #1
fullhousefan91619
Forum Regular

Default The Longest Theme Song You Know

What is the longest theme song you've ever seen. By that I mean it has to have been use an ENTIRE SEASON on the series, it doesn't count if it's just a CD version.

I say Step by Step's season one version(1:52)

(There's a link to see it below)
Old 11-04-2007, 03:02 PM   #2
fullhousefan91619
Forum Regular

Nobody?!?!?!?!?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:39 PM   #3
fullhousefan91619
Forum Regular

HELLO??????!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
littlebelle
McLovin

Want to know something funny? When I saw this topic I was so about to say "Step by Step season 1" but I noticed that you already put that! So, I agree!
Old 11-25-2007, 06:59 PM   #5
fullhousefan91619
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebelle
Want to know something funny? When I saw this topic I was so about to say "Step by Step season 1" but I noticed that you already put that! So, I agree!
Yeah, I can't think of any other show that had a longer theme!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
littlebelle
McLovin

Well I know that (judging by your name, you probably know this also) the pilot/first ep. of Full House had a pretty long theme song... then they kept shortening it as the show went on. I believe it was probably as long as Step by Step.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #7
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

I don't know if it really counts, but the theme song from Charmed is "How Soon Is Now", the original version was made by The Smiths in the 1980's and ran six minutes.

For actual opening credits, the theme credits to Dexter seems to run 2-3 minutes
Old 01-28-2008, 05:25 PM   #8
littlebelle
McLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester
I don't know if it really counts, but the theme song from Charmed is "How Soon Is Now", the original version was made by The Smiths in the 1980's and ran six minutes.

For actual opening credits, the theme credits to Dexter seems to run 2-3 minutes

Yeah but they only play the chorus... and a little bit of the beginning.

I believe that beats out Step by Step... which is about a minute and a half.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #9
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

here's the Dexter theme, http://youtube.com/watch?v=x5WpxxJpL-g it's 1:45, a few seconds shorter than Step By Step's. For some reason I thought it was slightly longer than that
Old 01-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #10
Pus$y Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

The original full length theme to Fresh Prince of BelAir is the longest I know of. It only ran for the first three episodes. I like it, but for the show, it seemed like it would never end.

It was 2:52 and Will recorded a version released in the Netherlands that was 3:23.

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
Old 02-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #11
JT

Primetime soaps in 1980s and 1990s had some looooong opening credits at times. "Dynasty" would add and remove people from its opening at the drop of a hat, so sometimes it could go on for well over 2 minutes. "Knots Landing" originally had an opening that lasted about 1:10, but by the late 1980s, it would be as long as 1:40.

It wasn't a problem though, because those shows had some really great theme songs.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #12
tvfan0101
Forum Regular

The theme song for the first three seasons of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine ran 1:55, while the theme song for the remaining four seasons ran 1:54. That is really impressive, having two minutes of show time given over to the theme.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:46 PM   #13
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

Didn't China Beach have a fairly long opening. It is not a comedy but for a while I was recording opening credits and that one I never cared for It seemed it was someone long and it just didn't do anything for me.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:35 AM   #14
Nvr_Sk_to_Tll
Frequent Poster
Eastland Chopper Repair Tutor

Had to jump in on seeing 'China Beach' mentioned...I was fairly young when the show was in first run, and I caught up on it a few years ago on the History channel...anyway, I came across probably one of the longer credit runs on youtube...and it only runs to 1:28! Thought sure it was longer...of course, it's one of those runs that would have fluctuated over the seasons...
This is another case like 'Charmed,' where the theme is a chopped down version of a longer song...in the case of 'CB' it is, of course, 'Reflections' by the Supremes. The song itself, in uncut form, seems to run to 2:55...
Or will you just walk away and cry?'
-Falling on Fire 'Away'

'This is life, the one you get, so go and have a ball, because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you, may not be right for some, you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, my opening statement. Sit Ubu sit. Good Dog.' -Peter Griffin
Old 03-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #15
jayman75
I Love the 80s!

What about "The Greatest American Hero?" The youtube video reads 1:45.

Not the longest, but more extensive than others.

The Golden Girls, The Facts of Life, Roseanne, Will and Grace, The Wonder Years, Burns and Allen, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Are You Being Served?, Family Guy, South Park, Designing Women, Dallas, The Twilight Zone, Original Scooby-Doo, Murphy Brown, The Big Bang Theory...

Talk to me about one of these shows, and I'm all yours...