Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #106
The Great One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
You are welcome! If anyone finds great links for vintage stuff, please post here. Thank you.

I agree!!! If anyone knows of some great links dealing with vintage stuff, please post them in this thread. It will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #107
The Great One

Does anyone here have a favorite singer from the "Good Ol' Days" when they wrote quality songs that everyone could listen to. My favorite singer is Frank Sinatra.
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #108
*ClassicPinUp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
Does anyone here have a favorite singer from the "Good Ol' Days" when they wrote quality songs that everyone could listen to. My favorite singer is Frank Sinatra.
Um, I LOVE HIM! Young or old people always know Ol Blue Eyes and the greatest Voice ever!
Frank Sinatra is by far my favorite singer/actor. I've grown up on his music and listen to it almost every day. I will also add; Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr. and Nat King Cole.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #109
Mikado
Forum Celebrity
Main st bridge

I love a lot of singers of that era but, I think Bing Crosby and Judy Garland were by far the best...others of that era i love are the Andrews sisters and the great (though mostly forgotten) Bob Eberly!
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #110
Mikado
Forum Celebrity
Main st bridge

Default THE 40s MOST WELL-KNOWN IMAGE

This Poster of Betty Grable is probably the best known image of the era, and was displayed in Alied army barracks all over the World! A bit of trivia, the reason the this pic was taken from behind is, she happened to be pregnant at the time!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2007, 12:29 AM   #111
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

I received this Brady Bunch album by my sister for either Christmas or my 8th birthday, can't remember which:
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2007, 12:45 AM   #112
Mikado
Forum Celebrity
Main st bridge

the Brady Bunch cartoon...i forgot that existed....but, at least they werent in outer space like Gilligan and the Partridge Family!
Old 11-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #113
The Great One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndAwayWeGo
Um, I LOVE HIM! Young or old people always know Ol Blue Eyes and the greatest Voice ever!
Frank Sinatra is by far my favorite singer/actor. I've grown up on his music and listen to it almost every day. I will also add; Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr. and Nat King Cole.

Hey AndAwayWeGo!!! It's nice to hear from you again. Where have you been?
It seems like the Honeymooners message board has become an empty place to visit lately. I'm looking forward to being able to chat with you there hopefully soon or on any of the other message boards.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #114
*ClassicPinUp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
Hey AndAwayWeGo!!! It's nice to hear from you again. Where have you been?
It seems like the Honeymooners message board has become an empty place to visit lately. I'm looking forward to being able to chat with you there hopefully soon or on any of the other message boards.
I PM'd you!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #115
Mikado
Forum Celebrity
Main st bridge

Default Part of my collection of random nostalgia

My Great-Uncle's old Taxi cabdriver "cap badge".......There was a time when cabbies., like so many others in the "service" sector had to wear uniforms with caps (much like those a policeman wears). Milkmen, bread delivery wagon drivers, truck drivers, gas station attendants all wore caps and uniforms at one time, but, today, these jobs either no longer exist ( milkmen, for example), or the job no longer has the "formal look" it once did.

lower pic, a couple of cabbies from the 1920s

1940 Chev taxi
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2007, 08:23 PM   #116
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado
the Brady Bunch cartoon...i forgot that existed....but, at least they werent in outer space like Gilligan and the Partridge Family!

Do you remember when the Harlem Globetrotters ended up on Gilligan's Island?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:25 PM   #117
theshark8777
Hats for Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal

Do you remember when the Harlem Globetrotters ended up on Gilligan's Island?

I do!! And they made that robot to try to beat them.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #118
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark8777
I do!! And they made that robot to try to beat them.

That was some crappy television!!!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:28 PM   #119
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

http://www.shockcinemamagazine.com/harlem.html

THE HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS ON GILLIGAN'S ISLAND (1981).
AARRRGGHHHHH! I've still got the emotional scar tissue from watching this wretched disaster! How bad is it, you ask? Imagine the worst possibility, and then triple it! What a chunk of ****!... Though the entire bunch of castaways was rescued in one of their two previous TV movies, the Howells have turned the island into a hotel complex and all of the aged sitcomers have returned as co-owners. They still live in those idiotic bamboo huts, sleep in hammocks and fall over each other like nitwits -- but now there are Love Boat-style bikinied tourists roaming about, so that Skipper can ogle them, like some kind of pot-bellied pervert. Almost all the old cast members who couldn't get work for the last 20 years are back, and gosh, it's pathetic watching these no-talent buffoons run about the backlot. (Bob Denver looks worst for wear, with greying hair & skin to match.) Tina Louise is the only one with the dignity to turn down the paycheque (of course, she was also pushing 50 at the time), and although Jim Backus gets third billing, he only turns up during the last three minutes... Meanwhile, somewhere over the Pacific, The Harlem Globetrotters are in their private plane when Coach Scatman Crothers informs them of an electrical malfunction. Landing in the ocean, they're menaced by the shark in Jaws (they throw basketballs at it and it goes away) borrowed from the Universal Backlot Tour, and wind up on Gilligan's Island, practising b-ball with coconuts... Martin Landau and Barbara Bain then appear as a pair of villains (along with their orange robot, George) who want to take over the island because of its supply of Supremium, a new form of energy with which they can rule the world (oddly enough, it looks just like a plastic rock with a 100 Watt bulb inside). Even those who forgave Landau & Bain for SPACE 1999 won't be so kind- hearted to the pair this time around... After a few lame attempts on the castaways' lives (none of the them successful, unfortunately), it all comes down to a basketball game for the possession of the entire island (complete with network sportscasters) between The Globetrotters and The New Invincibles, a team of radio-controlled, bucket-headed robots led by Landau. Add to that the typically horrible laff-track and you get a movie that's so insultingly inane that you can't believe your eyes -- it makes that original series look like Beckett. Chewing on broken glass is more fun.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 PM   #120
Mikado
Forum Celebrity
Main st bridge

Quote:
Add to that the typically horrible laff-track and you get a movie that's so insultingly inane that you can't believe your eyes -- it makes that original series look like Beckett.
Now THAT is BAD!!! (Im glad I missed that one!) I did see the first GI movie......That was plenty, besides, who could take the movie seriously when the NEW ginger was at least 20 years younger than she would have been, had she aged like the rest of the cast!!!!!