Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #136
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

KLACKERS!!!!!!! OMG these were so fun until they broke!

Also known as Clackers, Klick-Klacks, Whackers, Ker-Knockers, Whack'os, Bangers, Poppers, Bonkers, Clack Clacks, K-Nokkers, Mini Poppers, Rockers, Super Clackers, Whak Kos, Quick Klacks, Quick Clacks, Quick Wacks, Zonkers, Popper Knockers, Crackers, Wackers, Knockers and various other names you wouldn’t want to type into an Internet search engine!

Klackers came on the market in the late 60's and lasted into the early 70's. They were constructed of two acrylic or glass balls on a string with a ring or small handle in the middle. The point was to get the two balls clicking against each other. If you got really good you could do fancy tricks with them, like build up momentum until they were hitting on the top and bottom in an arc . . . and make a hugely annoying racket.

Kids loved them, but doctors and teachers weren’t so impressed after a frightening succession of serious Klacker accidents.

Unfortunately they allegedly had a nasty habit of shattering or exploding in a shrapnel-like shower and were promptly banned from every school in the western world - but kids all knew it was really a conspiracy from grown-ups because they hated the sound they made!

The similarity between this supremely popular toy and a South American hunting weapon called a bolo did not escape most teenage boys. In this capacity they proved extremely effective. After a nation outbreak of badly bruised arms and black eyes they were pretty much withdrawn from sale.

In the 80's, novelty companies produced a chintzy version with lightweight plastic balls with plastic rods connected to them to hold them in place. You could klack them, but it took absolutely no skill & was boring after a few minutes. But they were a lot safer.

click here to hear the sound the Klackers made... http://www.timewarptoys.com/klackers.htm
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #137
Mikado
Forum Celebrity
Main st bridge

Quote:
Was that foot pic on that website?
Nope, found that elsewhere, while looking for something else

I never could get my slinky to go down more than maybe 2 stairs before it would either stop or fall sideways and roll of the stairs........apparently, the steps in the TV commercial were a certain height and if your steps were different, it wouldnt work< read that somewhere

My fave old radio shows are
Dragnet
Henry Aldrige
Fibber McGee (and Molly)
Jack Benny
The Great Gildersleeve
The Shadow
The Life of Riley
Old 11-08-2007, 09:04 PM   #138
Mikado
Forum Celebrity
Main st bridge

Default I REMEMBER CLACKERS, IRENE

They were soon made illegal here, after some kids got glass shards in the eyes
(I never owned any, they were too expensive, blessing in disguise, i guess)
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2007, 09:07 PM   #139
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado
They were soon made illegal here, after some kids got glass shards in the eyes
(I never owned any, they were too expensive, blessing in disguise, i guess)
As I look back I can't imagine such a toy even existed. But then I see toys now that are on the market and I realize it is all abt what can be sold and give companies the old mighty dollar.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #140
Mikado
Forum Celebrity
Main st bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
As I look back I can't imagine such a toy even existed. But then I see toys now that are on the market and I realize it is all abt what can be sold and give companies the old mighty dollar.
I guess they just assumed the tempered glass would be able to handle it (and it did , short term....too short ) Speaking of toys that shouldnt have been, we HAD "lawn darts" ...they were taken off the market after some small children were killed!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #141
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
I guess they just assumed the tempered glass would be able to handle it (and it did , short term....too short ) Speaking of toys that shouldnt have been, we HAD "lawn darts" ...they were taken off the market after some small children were killed!!!!!
I don't recall those. Funny, those obviously look dangerous and were, however, regular darts still exist.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #142
Mikado
Forum Celebrity
Main st bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
I don't recall those. Funny, those obviously look dangerous and were, however, regular darts still exist.
lawn darts were about a foot long, and were weighted in the front so they landed a couple inches into the ground Irene, you threw them 20 feet into a target that resembled a small hula hoop....it was fun to play, it never occured to us that they could kill a small child, fortunately, we never had that problem.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:44 PM   #143
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
lawn darts were about a foot long, and were weighted in the front so they landed a couple inches into the ground Irene, you threw them 20 feet into a target that resembled a small hula hoop....it was fun to play, it never occured to us that they could kill a small child, fortunately, we never had that problem.

Oh my, the picture sure doesn't show that.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:53 AM   #144
Mikado
Forum Celebrity
Main st bridge

Heres a pic that while hard to see*, this pic gives a good idea how large (and dangerous) they were, now, they weighed at least 2 1/2 pounds, were thrown 20 feet and had a 31/2 inch long dart tip!!! (* I think its blurred on purpose because the old style lawn darts are illegal, and the poster wouldnt want to be indentified)

http://mysite.verizon.net/olderelder75/jarts2.jpg
Old 11-09-2007, 12:59 AM   #145
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Heres a pic that while hard to see*, this pic gives a good idea how large (and dangerous) they were, now, they weighed at least 2 1/2 pounds, were thrown 20 feet and had a 31/2 inch long dart tip!!! (* I think its blurred on purpose because the old style lawn darts are illegal, and the poster wouldnt want to be indentified)

http://mysite.verizon.net/olderelder75/jarts2.jpg
Geez...they are big.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:09 AM   #146
Mikado
Forum Celebrity
Main st bridge

Now they sell a blunted variant with no "flytes" and a round weighted end, they are safe, but, boring cause they skip and roll rather than plant into the target.....of course, they wont jab into your toe like the old ones

http://followingedge.com/images/lawn-darts1.jpg
Old 11-09-2007, 01:11 AM   #147
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

Quote:
I had them.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:12 AM   #148
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Now they sell a blunted variant with no "flytes" and a round weighted end, they are safe, but, boring cause they skip and roll rather than plant into the target.....of course, they wont jab into your toe like the old ones

http://followingedge.com/images/lawn-darts1.jpg
Forget those...what is the point?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:16 AM   #149
Mikado
Forum Celebrity
Main st bridge

Default YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!!!!!!

#1 on the all time worst toys list!

http://www.radarmagazine.com/features/2006/12/toys.php
Old 11-09-2007, 01:19 AM   #150
Mikado
Forum Celebrity