Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sanford and Son Online / Sanford and Son links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Sanford and Son Photo Gallery


Sanford and Son - Season 1

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 1 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 2

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 2 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 3

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 3 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 4

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 4 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 5

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 5 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 6

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 6 on DVD
Sanford and Son - The Complete Series

Buy Sanford and Son - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Sanford and Son
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

That's So Throwback Block on Freeform; All in the Family Heads to Logo on Mother's Day
getTV Adds Classic Sitcoms and Dramas; Get Ready for a Food Fight with Andy Richter
Week 32 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look Into Pilot Season; Netflix Series The Ranch Renewed For Second Season
Match Game Returns This Summer; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of May 2, 2016)
COZI TV's Comedy Search with Lucille Ball Comedy Festival; Netflix Orders Wet Hot American Summer Comedy Series
Cozi TV's Bionic Woman Mother's Day Marathon; Hallmark Channel Loads Up on TV Stars in Movies in May and June
George Lopez Show Joining TV Land Schedule in May; Mom Heads to the White House
Antenna TV Celebrates Mother's Day with Family Ties; Fox Pays Homage to Prince with New Girl Episode
Week 31 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did


New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)

Mad About You - The Complete Series The Jim Gaffigan Show Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season The Wonder Years - Season Five

05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/10 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2007, 10:26 PM   #1
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
Over the Rainbow
 
Janice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2001
Location: Beantown
Posts: 35,604
Default Aunt Esther's neck collar?

I caught the middle of the episode, the one with Ron Glass from Barney Miller. Aunt Esther was wearing a small neck collar. Was this explained, and did she wear it for other episodes?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
GARFIELDKOOL
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 02, 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 7,167
Default

I played back the episode on DVD. Actually, in this episode it wasn't explained. Herman (Ron Glass) asked her if it was an accident, Grady butted in and said, No she was born that way, LOL, Esther then went after Grady, but never answered Herman's question, and went on to the next topic. I guess we had to assume she was in an accident.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 88,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I caught the middle of the episode, the one with Ron Glass from Barney Miller. Aunt Esther was wearing a small neck collar. Was this explained, and did she wear it for other episodes?


I watched the episode last night and didn't even notice it-lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:10 PM   #4
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
Over the Rainbow
 
Janice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2001
Location: Beantown
Posts: 35,604
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARFIELDKOOL
I played back the episode on DVD. Actually, in this episode it wasn't explained. Herman (Ron Glass) asked her if it was an accident, Grady butted in and said, No she was born that way, LOL, Esther then went after Grady, but never answered Herman's question, and went on to the next topic. I guess we had to assume she was in an accident.
Thanks for playing it back, Garfield. I appreciate it. The reason I'm interested is because I have arthritis in my neck, and I often have to wear the same kind of collar. If LaWanda Page had a chronic neck condition, as I do, then we would have seen her wear it more. She may have had whiplash or as you say, another kind of accident.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:13 PM   #5
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
Over the Rainbow
 
Janice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2001
Location: Beantown
Posts: 35,604
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofTVResearch
I watched the episode last night and didn't even notice it-lol
And you call yourself the King of TV Research?! Get on the case Solomon, please, and find out why she wore the neck collar.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 88,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
And you call yourself the King of TV Research?! Get on the case Solomon, please, and find out why she wore the neck collar.


I'm on the case-lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:10 PM   #7
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
Over the Rainbow
 
Janice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2001
Location: Beantown
Posts: 35,604
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofTVResearch
I'm on the case-lol
Thanks, King Solomon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:40 AM   #8
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
Over the Rainbow
 
Janice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2001
Location: Beantown
Posts: 35,604
Default

I noticed that Fred had a neck collar on too. I don't remember which episode, but he made a joke about it to Grady.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:48 PM   #9
LizaDaisy
Frequent Poster
Member
 
LizaDaisy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 29, 2006
Location: Fresno,CA
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I caught the middle of the episode, the one with Ron Glass from Barney Miller. Aunt Esther was wearing a small neck collar. Was this explained, and did she wear it for other episodes?

Fred also wore the neck brace a few times. As did Ester.

In the later episodes where Ester/Woodrow is adopting their son she is wearing a neck brace and Lamont says "Oh I forgot about your whiplash aunt Ester".
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:05 PM   #10
Joey Deadcat
Frequent Poster
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 07, 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 29
Default

She was also sporting that neckbrace in the "wild parsleys" episode. She mentions how her neck will be better Friday 'cause the trial will be on Thursday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:31 PM   #11
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
Over the Rainbow
 
Janice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2001
Location: Beantown
Posts: 35,604
Default

I found this picture of Lewanda Page wearing a neck collar. I'm thinking that perhaps she had a chronic condition.

  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.