Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo
Moesha Returns Daily to BET; NBC Schedules Maya Rudolph Variety-Comedy Special
TV Land Picks Up Hilary Duff, Sutton Foster Sitcom; Episodic Review: New Girl - "Big News" Airing Tonight on Fox
Maude Mother's Day Marathon on Logo; WE tv 2014 Upfront
Week 29 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Simpsons Comes to FXX in Style; New Fox MOD Releases; Welcome Back, Kotter on DVD?
Stephen Colbert to Take Over Late Show on CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 14, 2014)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
ZanzibarBlue
Frequent Poster
ZanzibarBlue

Default Mike Emert - Similar Case

Below is a link to an article about an unsolved murder in the northeastern part of the state (PA) that is similar to the Mike Emert case. In past threads on the Emert case, there was discussion of other similar homicides occuring in the late 90's early 2000's period where real estate brokers were murdered at houses they were listing. In fact, if I recall, there was some discussion as to whether a serial killer might be commiting these crimes. If you read the linked article, there is reference to a similar killing in Decatur, Ill. When I read the article, I immediately thought of the Emert case. The good news is that such killings are likely to be a thing of the past, now that brokers are not meeting cold call strangers at houses. Anyone know of similar cases and a possible timeline b/w them?

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-...,4205826.story
Old 09-10-2007, 02:15 AM   #2
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Hey, well very interesting, you know you if you to www.amw.com and look up the unsolved murder of a man named Al Kite from Colorado, you will see that there were similarities between Kite's murder and Emert's murder, such as in the case of Kite, the man who killed him, spoke with an east coast accent, walked with a limp and cane, and murdered him after moving in with him as a roommate at his townhome.

Kite lived in the suburbs of Denver, I e-mailed a detective on the case, with the Aurora, Colorado police department, I mentioned the Emert case on a whim to see if he would respond and if so what he would say. Well to my surprise he responded and even told me that he had actually thought they were similar too at first, he said he had spoken with detectives at the King County, Washington sheriff's department, but after further investigation they determined the two murders were not done by the same guy, how they determined this for sure is anyone's guess.

However as the detective in the Emert case segment said, the individual that killed Emert, it probably wasnt that individual's first murder, or certainly not his first violent assault.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
kamy
Forum Regular
UM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanzibarBlue
Below is a link to an article about an unsolved murder in the northeastern part of the state (PA) that is similar to the Mike Emert case. In past threads on the Emert case, there was discussion of other similar homicides occuring in the late 90's early 2000's period where real estate brokers were murdered at houses they were listing. In fact, if I recall, there was some discussion as to whether a serial killer might be commiting these crimes. If you read the linked article, there is reference to a similar killing in Decatur, Ill. When I read the article, I immediately thought of the Emert case. The good news is that such killings are likely to be a thing of the past, now that brokers are not meeting cold call strangers at houses. Anyone know of similar cases and a possible timeline b/w them?

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-...,4205826.story

Refresh my memory, what's the Mike Emert case?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #4
ZanzibarBlue
Frequent Poster
ZanzibarBlue

Default Summary

Mike Emert was a real estate agent in Seattle (or a suburb thereof) who was brutally murdered at a house he was listing. As I recall, both he and his wife were agents, with exemplary records and no apparent enemies. Again, as I recall, there was evidence that the person which Mike met to show the house that day was a man with a cane who had difficutly walking. The man was never identified (and may have given a false name). Given that Mike was stabbed repeatedly, police theorize that the cane was a ruse, and actually concealed a knife. Still unsolved.

Here is a link to a Chicago agency website that mentions Mike's case and also indicates that 19 similar murders have occured since 2001, the most recent being in May of this year in Maryland.

http://www.chicagoagentmagazine.com/...16&article=764

[for some reason I have had difficulty opening the link]

P.S. Interestingly, this case was featured on 9-12-01.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #5
wiseguy182
The Lill frown face

If you pay close attention, there is a coworker that walks out in disgust as Mike Emert wins an award at the beginning of the segment. It's one of those "blink and you'll miss it" moments. I'm not sure if this actually happened, or was something UM just threw in to fuel speculation, probably the latter.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #6
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
If you pay close attention, there is a coworker that walks out in disgust as Mike Emert wins an award at the beginning of the segment. It's one of those "blink and you'll miss it" moments. I'm not sure if this actually happened, or was something UM just threw in to fuel speculation, probably the latter.

I noticed that as well and I always just figured it was an extra "improvising" and figuring a way to get a little extra face time.

By the way, your avatar is fantastic. I still haven't figured out how to attach an avatar myself.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #7
wiseguy182
The Lill frown face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky Kneivel
By the way, your avatar is fantastic. I still haven't figured out how to attach an avatar myself.

thanks, buddy.

let me know if you need help with avatars, I've helped out people before, I have no problem doing it.