Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

American Dreams Online / American Dreams Photo Gallery

American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition)

Buy American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > American Dreams
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-29-2002, 09:03 PM   #1
Sitcomwriter
Banned!!
Banned!!

Send a message via ICQ to Sitcomwriter Send a message via AIM to Sitcomwriter Send a message via Yahoo to Sitcomwriter
Exclamation What did you think?

What did you think? I liked it.I don't plan to watch EVERY week because of Becker and Bram and Alice but I WILL tune in every now and then if Meg and Roxanne are in bras each week
Old 09-29-2002, 09:36 PM   #2
GoldenFamilyTies
Por siempre t

Send a message via AIM to GoldenFamilyTies

I thought it was excellent! I'll be watching every week!
Old 09-30-2002, 12:33 AM   #3
IheartMoonlighting
Forum Regular
David & Maddie

Default Good Pilot

I thought it was pretty good. I do however agree with one of the critics about the JFK assassination. They should have waited a little bit on that one.

The lead girl who plays Meg is really good. They should have given her a few dance lessons but she did okay.

Im also happy to see Virginia Madsen acting again.

Overall, I thought it was really good and it looks like a hit. Im sure it will get at least an 18 share.

Ill be tuning in next Sunday.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:09 AM   #4
Notorious
Banned!!
I <3 Kendall Hart

Location: Sunnydale, CA --- and I actually registered at sitcomsonline July 25th, 2001
Send a message via AIM to Notorious Send a message via Yahoo to Notorious

I absolutely love it! It's my favorite drama.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:44 AM   #5
MBFTfan
Frequent Poster

I agree they could have waited on the JFK assassination, but they needed something big to mark the premiere, and it worked in that respect. All in all, it was very well done, I will definitely be tuning in each week.

Patsy: One snap of my fingers and I could raise hemlines so high, the world is your gynecologist

Edina: This is a sort of corpse in an open, oaken, oblong coffin. It's a dead body, Pats.
Patsy: Yeah, but is it art?
Edina: No Sweetie, it's my father.

Patsy: The last mosquito that bit me had to book into the Betty Ford Clinic

http://www.lukes-diner.net/season3/01/007.jpg
LUKELORELAI
Old 09-30-2002, 06:05 PM   #6
PPatters
Forum Regular

Everything was GREAT until the JFK assassination. It's not because it came too early, but because it was so far removed from the rest of the episode. There was nothing connecting the JFK assassination to the rest of the epispde; such a thing would have been better had it had it's own episode. But, I do not see this as being a major problem in every episode, so I am very excited about the show. I LOVED IT!!
Old 09-30-2002, 06:51 PM   #7
GoldenFamilyTies
Por siempre t

Send a message via AIM to GoldenFamilyTies

Quote:
Originally posted by PPatters
Everything was GREAT until the JFK assassination. It's not because it came too early, but because it was so far removed from the rest of the episode. There was nothing connecting the JFK assassination to the rest of the epispde; such a thing would have been better had it had it's own episode. But, I do not see this as being a major problem in every episode, so I am very excited about the show. I LOVED IT!!

The JFK assasination will be a part of next episode as well, this was just sort of a preview of it...
Old 09-30-2002, 07:46 PM   #8
Georgia's on my Mind
Forum Veteran

ahh I'm taping every episode
Old 09-30-2002, 08:06 PM   #9
Kay Scarpetta
Forum Celebrity
Defy Gravity 8.26.05

I happened to like it! I thought it was a really good show

To be a Broadway Freak, you must live, eat, sleep, study, devout, think, obsess, dream, believe Broadway.
You must know original & revival casts, soundtracks, performance runs, dates, theatres, numbers, how many Tony Awards A Chorus Line won.
You must be Broadway.
That's right bitches. I AM Broadway.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:16 AM   #10
PPatters
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenFamilyTies
The JFK assasination will be a part of next episode as well, this was just sort of a preview of it...

That, however, does not change the fact that it was still out of place as compared to the rest of the episode. The whole direction that the writers decided to take at the end was rather sloppy, to say the least. I mean, to go from the happy feeling of the episode in the beginning and then bring in this completely un-related tragedy, and to do so in the first episode, is not the greatest writing. As I said, I loved the show, and will continue to watch, but that was because of the first part of the episode, not because of the ill-placed Kennedy assassination.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:19 PM   #11
JT

I wasn't looking forward to it, but I guess I'll try it out if you guys liked it. and Patters, it's probably gonna be done in the fashion of Dallas and Dynasty.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:32 PM   #12
Will and Grace Fanatic
be happy

I loved it. Best new drama in my opinion. Actually best drama period. I'll watch each week when I can.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:57 AM   #13
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Thumbs up Just Loved It!

American Dreams totally blew me away. What a premiere! I hope it stays this good. The show has a wonderful feel to it. The casting is perfect. The show has a great look to it...terrific set design.
NBC has a winner on its hands. I plan to watch it faithfully.
Old 12-06-2002, 03:45 PM   #14
americandreamsgirl
Frequent Poster

Default i watch it every sunday and tape it

crimson i watch it every sunday night and i tape it.i shower at 7pm instead of 8pm on sundays so i can watch it and sometimes i'll eat at 9pm when its over if we don't eat before than.im hooked on this show.and i talk about it with my friends at college the next day.we love it.
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2007, 03:40 PM   #15
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

my mom friend gave it 2 thumbs up