Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Silver Spoons Online / Silver Spoons links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Silver Spoons Photo Gallery

Silver Spoons - The Complete First Season

Buy Silver Spoons - The Complete First Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Silver Spoons
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-09-2007, 04:37 AM   #1
videotrading
Frequent Poster

Default Question for Judith...

First of all, thanks for all you did getting Season 1 of SS on DVD.

Are you by any chance able to find out how well the set sold? I haven't seen it in any stores and I am kind of worried that we won't get a Season 2.

It's Amazon.com sales rank is #1,690 and it's only been out less than a month.

So, I was looking at some of the DVDs Sony has released. A lot of them such as Married with Children, Seinfeld, Dawson's Creek all are getting several seasons released.

The bad news is Barney Miller (released in 2004), 227 and a couple others that were released a few years ago only had the first season get released. Is there anything we can do now so we know either way if Sony is planning on releasing more SS or not?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2007, 04:13 PM   #2
Judith A. Moose
Frequent Poster

Thanks for your message. Sony has agreed to release all five seasons of Spoons but I have no future release dates as of yet. If I hear something I'll be sure to let you know.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:45 PM   #3
videotrading
Frequent Poster

You are amazing!! Thanks for answering my questions! =)
Old 07-14-2007, 09:00 PM   #4
ClassicTVGal
Federal Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith A. Moose
Thanks for your message. Sony has agreed to release all five seasons of Spoons

This is *very, very* good news to hear! Thank you so much for everything you've done for this great show, Judith.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #5
TV_Fan
Forum Regular

I think what Judith means is Sony has the intention of relasing all five seasons providing sales warrant it. I have no idea how well Silver Spoons is selling, although from the stores I've been to it does seem to only have a few copies on the shelves. I only hope that this means that the stores ordered quite a few copies and most sold, instead of the stores not ordering enough. I would think sales would be low on Amazon since it's too cheap to get free shipping unless you buy it with something else. I really think we'll see more seasons.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:56 PM   #6
Judith A. Moose
Frequent Poster

No, when I was sitting in a meeting with the powers-that-be, they stated that all five seasons would be released. There was no mention of a sales quota contigency. Season One is selling well and Season Two's production should be underway shortly.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
TV_Fan
Forum Regular

Quote:
No, when I was sitting in a meeting with the powers-that-be, they stated that all five seasons would be released. There was no mention of a sales quota contigency. Season One is selling well and Season Two's production should be underway shortly.

Excellent! Is there any chance we will see special features on season 2? I was hoping for them on season one and it seemed like there would be some, but then Sony decided to release it barebones.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:58 PM   #8
ClassicTVGal
Federal Agent

Quote:

Thank you, Judith for the "definate" information/update.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:52 AM   #9
FredScuttle
Forum Regular

It did hit some of the major stores, as I purchased mine at the local Best Buy, which is a smaller one (and sometimes doesn't get some of the less popular new releases right away)
Old 08-04-2007, 08:29 PM   #10
ClassicTVGal
Federal Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredScuttle
It did hit some of the major stores, as I purchased mine at the local Best Buy, which is a smaller one (and sometimes doesn't get some of the less popular new releases right away)

I bought mine at a Barnes and Noble Store where my sister lives.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:47 AM   #11
newwavepopman
Occasional Poster

Default Silver Spoons Season 2-To Judith

It has been awhile now Judith,so what is the latest scoop on Season 2 of Silver Spoons coming out onto DVD,and when? I would have thought that,Sony should at least have given you some dates on when each season would be coming out in stores? Please respond back at your conveniance Judith,and thank you.By the way,I just love your Silver Spoons book.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #12
Judith A. Moose
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by newwavepopman
It has been awhile now Judith,so what is the latest scoop on Season 2 of Silver Spoons coming out onto DVD,and when? I would have thought that,Sony should at least have given you some dates on when each season would be coming out in stores? Please respond back at your conveniance Judith,and thank you.By the way,I just love your Silver Spoons book.

Wish I had something to tell you on the topic, but at the moment Sony is being rather painful about releasing quite a few items. They're claiming poor sales on the older series and want to focus on the newer shows because they show a stronger number of units sold. I would suggest everyone sharpen their pencils and start sending notes to Sony, because at this point, they've put the plans for the remaining seasons on hold.

Hope everyone's well and life treating you beautifully!
Judith
Old 05-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #13
newwavepopman
Occasional Poster

Default To Judith:

Hello Judith:
And thank you for responding back.Right now I really don't know what to say,as I have felt betrayed by Sony.Not me personally,but as an individual.I mean I am upset,because I feel that that they had lied to you about Silver Spoons,and now they got all of our hopes up,regarding putting all of the shows out onto DVD,just to make us believe that was going to happen and come true.I feel so let down by Sony,but I had that in the back of my mind,that this was going to happen,if you really want to know.It's not like this hasn't happened before,and Sony was just taking so long to give you a definate answer,one way or the other.

Plus,the fact that Ricky and Erin must not be too happy,as I heard in interviews with both of them awhile back,that they were so looking forward to seeing all of each season coming out onto DVD.And from the way it sounded from both of them,at the time,that they wanted to come out on DVD pretty bad.I am sure that you must not be very happy,at this point either.But emailing Sony,won't help,or do a bit of good I am afraid,as all of these studios have gotton email before of complaints,and they don't really care,as it seems to go in one ear and out the other.

I am so sorry that Sony did this to you Judith.Sincerely,Kenny.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #14
Judith A. Moose
Frequent Poster

Thanks Kenny, but there's really no need to feel sorry for me because it's not me they've done this to. It's all of the fans of the series as well as the cast and crew. The department head who was originally involved in all of the meetings regarding the release left the studio and when he left, so did quite a few plans for which shows were released and continued with.

We're having the same problem with the DVDs for "Hart To Hart." They've released one season per year and now that they're scheduled to release Season Three, they've pulled back and have no plans to finish the series, despite the fact that Robert Wagner owns half of the rights to the shows and wants them out. It's unfortunate that sometimes the department heads only think of the bottom line instead of taking a moment to think of the fans that dedicated themselves to a series and essentially kept the shows on the air by watching it. Perhaps if they thought like a fan instead of like a corporate raider, they'd wake up to the fact that just because it doesn't sell two million copies doesn't mean it's not worth selling...
Old 05-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #15
Robert 13

Quote:
We're having the same problem with the DVDs for "Hart To Hart." They've released one season per year and now that they're scheduled to release Season Three, they've pulled back and have no plans to finish the series, despite the fact that Robert Wagner owns half of the rights to the shows and wants them out...

Hi Judith! I am a huge fan of Hart to Hart and I've been hoping for the release of Season 3. So it's really been cancelled at the moment?