Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Hang Time links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Hang Time Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Hang Time
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-28-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
DVDFreaker
Banned!!
Banned

Default Reggie Theus hired as Kings coach

Reggie Theus news hits the blogosphere:
The Kings have their new man! Reggie Theus is scheduled to be introduced as the Kings Head Coach this afternoon! With all the excitement of the news breaking last night it's time to take a look at the Kings new sideline leader.

Theus is noted for his outstanding playing career, three All-Star appearances and his Hollywood looks, but the truth of the matter is he has shown to have what it takes to be a sound head coach. Theus has coached at a litany of levels. Most recently as Head Coach of the Aggies, Theus helped turn around New Mexico State University. The year before his arrival in Las Cruces, New Mexico, the Aggies finished 6-24. In his two season, Theus accumulated a record of 41-25 and brought the university back to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1999.

As former University of Arizona Wildcat, college basketball is in my blood. I have seen Theus coach on a number of occasions and what stuck with me most was his ability to get the most out of his players. He had very few of "his" guys the first year at NMSU, and was able make an immediate impact. This is demonstrated by the team's fifth biggest turnaround in the country, and the team's eight come from behind victories. His sideline presence exuded confidence, passion and focus. These characteristics don't guarantee anything at the NBA level, but definitely put him in a place to succeed and garner the respect of the Kings players.
One of the great aspects of today's media is that as soon as the news is leaked it spreads virally and a huge contingent of that is of course the blogosphere. Henry Abbott has a few thoughts of his own on the new hire. Marc Stein touched base with the Kings small forward Ron Artest about playing for the Kings and the Kings new hire. It's clear Ron is happy with the new Kings Head Coaching selection. (Because the Stein article is on ESPN Insider, I have extracted the Artest quotes for you).

Ron Artest quotes via Marc Stein's Blog:

"I'd rather play with Mike any day of the year," Artest said.

"Next season will be great," countered Artest, who is scheduled to join the contingent of NBA players, led by Players Association chief Billy Hunter and union president Derek Fisher, who will visit Kenya this summer in an attempt to feed 1 million people by delivering 11 million pounds of rice.

"Coach is proven in the league as a player, so that gives the team more confidence," Artest said. "The Kings made an excellent choice."

"I think the Kings will make the best decision for the Sacramento fans. And that means winning and getting a group of guys who want to play with each other and win games with each other. I had my best individual season of my career, but I didn't reach my potential yet. I'm looking forward to getting back in October with the team. I like how we ended our season as far as playing to the very end."

"I think the season was new for everyone -- new coach, Kevin Martin's arrival [as a frontline player], etcetera. Everyone now is able to read each other and [has] learned how to play with each other. I can't wait to see Kevin Martin be an All-Star."

I thought this is pretty funny getting hired by the Kings but it is a good oppunity for him