Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Bewitched (Sitcoms Online) / Bewitched links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Bewitched Photo Gallery

Bewitched - The Complete First Season (B&W)

Buy Bewitched - The Complete First Season (B&W) on DVD
(Mill Creek)
Bewitched - The Complete First Season (Color)

Buy Bewitched - The Complete First Season (Color) on DVD
Bewitched - The Complete Second Season (B&W)

Buy Bewitched - The Complete Second Season (B&W) on DVD
(Mill Creek)
Bewitched - The Complete Second Season (Color)

Buy Bewitched - The Complete Second Season (Color) on DVD
Bewitched - The Complete Third Season

Buy Bewitched - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Bewitched - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Bewitched - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Bewitched - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Bewitched - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Bewitched - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Bewitched - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Bewitched - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Bewitched - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Bewitched - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Bewitched - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Bewitched - The Complete Series

Buy Bewitched - The Complete Series on DVD
Bewitched - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)

Buy Bewitched - The Complete Series
(Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Bewitched
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 AM   #1
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ
Default Bewitched - The Complete Fifth Season DVD Review

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment brings us another season of Bewitched on DVD, this time The Complete Fifth Season! Elizabeth Montgomery, Dick York, Agnes Moorehead, all return for more spellbinding and magic at Morning Glory Circle! Join the Stephens family as Sam takes a trip back to 1868 New Orleans, Endora shrinks Darrin down to size, Serena tries her luck at computer dating, and Tabitha wreaks havoc in nursery school. The four-disc set contains all 30 episodes of season five from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, marking the final season with Dick York as Darrin. So join Elizabeth Montgomery in ... Bewitched!

Read our review here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/bewitch...dvdreview.html

Post any questions or comments about this set.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:16 AM   #2
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Thank you TJ!! Only 13 more days - I'm sitting on pins and needles!!

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 07-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
hch
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to hch Send a message via Yahoo to hch
Default Countdown

Only 4 more days! I cannot wait to pick this up for my collection.

Willona from "Good Times"
Old 07-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

I just picked it up this morning before work - and I have managed to squeeze a couple of episodes in before clocking in for the day. Lots of fun - except you can tell that Dick York was in poor health. He looks very thin and gaunt, and I'm surprised he did so much physical comedy before his back finally gave out. Poor guy, he really did hang in there as long as he could. I think this is going to be it for me - now that I have the first five seasons. I'm not a big fan of the Sargent era - with no disrespect to the man - but the show was stale and recycling scripts left and right. The magic was gone.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #5
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

I couldn't find it. I went to four different stores and still didn't find it. My mom kept saying that they probably delayed the release, but I knew that once I came here, I'd find out that at least one person got it, lol. Ohio sucks at putting DVDs on the shelves of DVD stores.

(1) Andy Richter Controls the Universe (2) Boy Meets World (3) Cheers (4) Community (5) Ellen (6) Grounded for Life (7) Hey Dude (8)The Honeymooners (9) I Love Lucy (10) The King of Queens (11) Married with Children (12) Mister Ed (13) The Munsters (14) Ned and Stacey (15) Newhart (16) NewsRadio (17) Night Court (18) Norm (19) The Office (20) Parks & Recreation (21) Rhoda (22) Spin City (23) Taxi (24) That 70s Show (25) Wings
Old 07-11-2007, 12:24 AM   #6
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium
I couldn't find it. I went to four different stores and still didn't find it. My mom kept saying that they probably delayed the release, but I knew that once I came here, I'd find out that at least one person got it, lol. Ohio sucks at putting DVDs on the shelves of DVD stores.
I grabbed the only 2 copies they had at Target - one for me, and one as a friend's birthday gift. They weren't even on the shelves - one of the employees had to get them out of the stockroom!!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:50 AM   #7
BensonFan
Board Psychologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
I grabbed the only 2 copies they had at Target - one for me, and one as a friend's birthday gift. They weren't even on the shelves - one of the employees had to get them out of the stockroom!!

That's typical. When that happens to me, I always get this "you're bothering me" look. Hey, stock the stuff right away--you know people are going to be asking for it!

I haven't picked it up yet...I have to see who has it on sale.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:53 AM   #8
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Cheers!

I got my copy on Tuesday from Target, they had two copies left. I can't wait for season 6 it was my favorite from the Dick Sargent era. Ms Montgomery glowed when she was pregnant.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:39 PM   #9
AB
Forum Celebrity
The Orville

I got mine today at Walmart, haven't started watching it yet though.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #10
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Well I finally got it today at Target. I only watched one episode so far, and that's the final Dick York produced episode. That's the one where Maurice turns Darrin into a mule. It's funny hearing "jackass" coming out of most of the character's mouths in this episode, lol.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:33 AM   #11
Heidi Dawn
Forum Regular
Muppets

I got mine from Amazon.ca yesterday. They also had copies at Wal-Mart and Superstore.
Complete Series Box Sets: MASH, Three's Company, Gilligan's Island, The Dukes Of Hazzard, The Golden Girls, The Monkees, The Brady Bunch, Full House, I Dream Of Jeannie, Bewitched, Taxi, Gimme A Break, Dallas, Charlie's Angels, Joanie Loves Chachi, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, The Cosby Show, The Facts of Life.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #12
Blueboy84
First Time Poster

I got my Season 5 from DeepDiscount.com and I have a question...

Does anyone else's set have the spanish subtitles on the screen when there is a sign or newspaper that have writing on them? That is the only time mine does that.

I also have a previous season where the Spanish subtitles will start in the middle of an episode! Grrrr!
Old 08-09-2007, 02:10 PM   #13
Bachu
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueboy84
I got my Season 5 from DeepDiscount.com and I have a question...

Does anyone else's set have the spanish subtitles on the screen when there is a sign or newspaper that have writing on them? That is the only time mine does that.

I also have a previous season where the Spanish subtitles will start in the middle of an episode! Grrrr!
I find that if you select the 3rd option of all the subtitles that those random subtitles to not appear. I have no idea why it happens like this though.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:45 AM   #14
Bachu
Forum Regular

I have now watched all of season 5 and it is amazing how much Darrins absense is felt. Darren-lite episodes are not as good for the most part. The Serena dating a mortal was great but the witches/warlocks need Darren to bounce off of.

I look forward to the release of season 6. Anyone think we will get it this year or next?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:07 AM   #15
MichaelKeith
Forum Regular

I personally fee that season 5 is just not as good as the first four seasons. Of course the episodes without Dick York are not any good to me because his character sets up the basic premise of the show. the conflict between the witch and the mortal worlds. However, even the season 5 episodes with Dick York are for the most part not as good as the first four seasons. Dick and Liz both still are acting wonderfully in their respective characters, but the writing of these scripts is just not as good. There weren't enough episodes focusing on the romatic comedy plot between Dick and Liz as there were before. I am disappointed in season 5 for the most part and don't plan to purchase seasons 6 - 8 as I believe York portrayed a better Darrin.