Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sanford and Son Online / Sanford and Son links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Sanford and Son Photo Gallery

Sanford and Son - Season 1

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 1 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 2

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 2 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 3

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 3 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 4

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 4 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 5

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 5 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 6

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 6 on DVD
Sanford and Son - The Complete Series

Buy Sanford and Son - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Sanford and Son
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Family Fall 2014 Schedule; Long Island Blood & Babes Comic Con Sept. 12-14 in New York
66th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners; Lost Centric Episode of Disney Animated Series Written by Lost Co-Creator
Nick at Nite Fall 2014 Schedule with HIMYM; FXX's The Simpsons Marathon Scores for Day 1
Summer 2014 Week 13 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Every Simpsons Ever Marathon Brings FXX Big Numbers; Another Wonder Years DVD Music Update; New CBS DVD Complete Series Sets
Preview New ABC Comedy Selfie Pilot with Twitter; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 25, 2014)
TV Land Fall 2014 Schedule Has The Beverly Hillbillies; Eva Longoria Heads to Brooklyn Nine-Nine for Arc

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)

Community - The Complete Fifth Season Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season Parks and Recreation - Season Six Three's Company - The Complete Series Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series

08/05 - Californication - The Final (Seventh) Season
08/05 - Community - The Complete Fifth Season
08/05 - Mad About You - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - The Nanny - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - Dennis the Menace (Animated) - Lights! Camera! Menace!
08/12 - Bitten - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/19 - The Millers - The First Season
08/19 - The Mindy Project - Season Two
08/19 - Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season
08/19 - Parks and Recreation - Season Six
08/19 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
08/19 - Once Upon a Time - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
08/26 - Austin & Ally - Chasing the Beat
08/26 - Good Luck Charlie - So Long, Farewell!
08/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series / Review
08/26 - Revenge - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-05-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
Gork Mania
Frequent Poster

Question Who is still alive from Sanford & Son?

I know Lamont is. The question is, Who else is?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
Stuck In The '70's
Forum Legend

Gregory Sierra ( Julio) and Hal Williams ( Smitty) are still alive. I'm not sure about Lynn Hamilton ( Donna), Nathaniel Taylor ( Rollo) and Howard Platt ( Hoppy). I think the rest of the main ones are gone though.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
Gork Mania
Frequent Poster

Default Reunion

Has there ever been a reunion of the remaining cast of Sanford & Son?
Old 06-05-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Tall
I'm not sure about Lynn Hamilton ( Donna), Nathaniel Taylor ( Rollo) and Howard Platt ( Hoppy).

They're all still alive and oddly enough, Today is Howard Platt's birthday.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:26 PM   #5
Stuck In The '70's
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gork Mania
I don't think their has been. A few guest starred on Sanford and I remember Don Bexley ( Bubba) guest starring on the Royal Family on the episode about Red Foxx's death but I haven't seen any of them in years. I haven't even seen Demond Wilson on TV in years, probably about the time Redd Foxx died.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Tall
I don't think their has been. A few guest starred on Sanford and I remember Don Bexley ( Bubba) guest starring on the Royal Family on the episode about Red Foxx's death but I haven't seen any of them in years. I haven't even seen Demond Wilson on TV in years, probably about the time Redd Foxx died.
For the most part, Demond Wilson left acting behind and became a minister. He still makes the occasional guest spot, but he has devoted much of his time to his prison ministry.

If anyone gets any updates on Gregory Sierra, let me know!!

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 06-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #7
Cloud9 Lorraine
Forum Regular

Quote:

I would have loved to have seen a reunion show. But now since there aren't many cast members remaining, it would be great to see a retrospective special with Demond, Nathaniel and anyone else who is left. I'll bet they could share some really funny stories and give some interesting insight and trivia that we wouldn't otherwise know. I wonder if there are any outtakes around too. A lot of the old Carson / Tonight Show stuff was lost or recorded over.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #8
casualts@cox.net
Frequent Poster

I would love to see outtakes, and cut scenes....but if there were any still around, you would think they would have already been exploited by now....

Dead or alive..............They still make us laugh.....They live forevever on our TVs.....

Last edited by casualts@cox.net : 06-05-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:42 PM   #9
Stuck In The '70's
Forum Legend

I also remember Whitman Mayo and Lawanda Page sitting down and discussing Redd on some news show not long after he died. Sadly they're both gone now. They should have had an E-True Hollywood Story on S&S when most of the cast was still alive.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:41 AM   #10
Cheryl Harrell
I Love You Mike 4-Ever

Send a message via ICQ to Cheryl Harrell Send a message via AIM to Cheryl Harrell Send a message via Yahoo to Cheryl Harrell

I think Bernie Hamilton who was Lynn Hamilton's ( Donna) husband in real life (I think they are divorced now) & was the cop who was replaced by officer Smitty is still alive. So is Antonia Fargas who played the lawyer friend in the ep where Lamont got a traffic ticket, I think it was. Bernie & Lynn Hamilton were on Starsky and Hutch as Capt Dobey & his wife Edith. Antonio Fargas was also on Starsky and Hutch as Huggy Bear. Another Starsky and Hutch/Sanford connection was that the guy who played Uncle Woody was also Merle the Earl on Starsky and Hutch. And Lawanda "Aunt Esther" Page was also in a coupla eps of Starsky and Hutch. Not sure who else is still living but I think Rollo is still living...

"Make it your way, who can beat the Lord, the Son of God. Dear Lord, help me be strong where I am weak, if it be your will"-- The Late Freddie Prinze Sr
Old 06-06-2007, 02:45 AM   #11
Gork Mania
Frequent Poster

I do know this. I'd rather watch sitcoms like Sanford & Son than what is on tv right now. Seems like the 70's & early 80's had better television. I am so glad many tv shows from these years are on dvd.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:43 AM   #12
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Harrell
I think Bernie Hamilton who was Lynn Hamilton's (Donna) husband in real life (I think they are divorced now) & was the cop who was replaced by officer Smitty is still alive.

Can anyone provide any proof that Bernie and Donna Hamilton were ever married? I've been hearing this rumour for years and have found nothing to substantiate these claims. I'm not doubting this at all but some proof would be great. There's no mention of them being married on IMDb or Wikipedia so we can eliminate those 2 sources.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:51 PM   #13
everett552
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I do know this. I'd rather watch sitcoms like Sanford & Son than what is on tv right now. Seems like the 70's & early 80's had better television. I am so glad many tv shows from these years are on dvd.

Yeah, you & me both!
Old 06-06-2007, 02:59 PM   #14
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

^ Ditto!!
Old 06-06-2007, 04:38 PM   #15
Chocolate Moose

i would watch!