Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Cosby Show links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Cosby Show Photo Gallery

The Cosby Show - Season 1

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 1 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 2 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 3

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 3 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 4

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 4 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 5

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 5 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 6

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 6 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 7

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 7 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 7

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 8 on DVD
The Cosby Show - 25th Anniversary Commemorative Edition - All 8 Seasons

Buy The Cosby Show - 25th Anniversary Commemorative Edition - All 8 Seasons on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 1 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 1 (Mill Creek) on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek) on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Cosby Show
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-02-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ
Default The Cosby Show - Season 3 DVD Review

After over a year a wait, we are back with not one but two seasons of The Cosby Show on DVD on June 5! Both Seasons 3 and 4 of the mega-hit sitcom will each be sold separately from First Look Home Entertainment! This season, season three, the opening theme song is of a Spanish type theme and the episodes are once again classic episodes. Join OBGYN Dr. Cliff Huxtable, his wife Clair Huxtable the lawyer and the rest of his family for some great laughs, fun, and a just a good time in 25 hilarious episodes. The sitcom held TVís #1 slot for a record five consecutive seasons and stayed in the top 20 for all eight seasons on NBC.

Season three stars Dr. Bill Cosby as Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable, Phylicia Rashad as Clair Huxtable, Sabrina Le Beauf as Sondra Huxtable, Lisa Bonet as Denise Huxtable, Malcolm-Jamal Warner as Theo Huxtable, Tempest Bledsoe as Vanessa Huxtable, and Keshia Knight Pulliam as Rudy Huxtable.

Read our review here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/thecosb...dvdreview.html

Post any questions or comments about this set.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
JulieSomoski
Watch Medium, Fridays on CBS!

I knew this was going to happen. From the reviews, these 2 sets seem pitiful. No wonder then sell for $25 each. The first set, each disc had its own panel in a beautifully arranged digipack. The black theme was great. The cover art shined, the back art was great, and the picture collages in the background were just wonderful, plus the 16 page booklet we got on the series was unbeatable. Season 2 was the same way. And now we get stuck with cheap boxes, very plain box art, slimcases, the same pictures on the digipacks and discs, and a black background inside. with no special features? Very disappointing for UrbanWorks and First Look letting this happen to one of the greatest shows of all time.

Now it just seems like it isn't even worth it. I sure hope they don't screw up A Different World like this, if that ever gets released.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
Old 06-17-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseanne88-97
I knew this was going to happen. From the reviews, these 2 sets seem pitiful. No wonder then sell for $25 each. The first set, each disc had its own panel in a beautifully arranged digipack. The black theme was great. The cover art shined, the back art was great, and the picture collages in the background were just wonderful, plus the 16 page booklet we got on the series was unbeatable. Season 2 was the same way. And now we get stuck with cheap boxes, very plain box art, slimcases, the same pictures on the digipacks and discs, and a black background inside. with no special features? Very disappointing for UrbanWorks and First Look letting this happen to one of the greatest shows of all time.

Now it just seems like it isn't even worth it. I sure hope they don't screw up A Different World like this, if that ever gets released.

Well as long as the eps are UNEDITED it's defintely worth it
Old 07-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
EighteenMinutes
Forum Regular
It's comin' around.

I'd rather have a simple set of complete episodes than no set at all. With that said, I have to mention that the packaging of the 3rd and 4th seasons is pitiful. I'd like to be the person who probably got paid a good amount of money to spend five minutes designing these packages.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlybarger
I'd rather have a simple set of complete episodes than no set at all. With that said, I have to mention that the packaging of the 3rd and 4th seasons is pitiful. I'd like to be the person who probably got paid a good amount of money to spend five minutes designing these packages.

I can understand someone complaining about video quality, editing, or sound, on a DVD set but I'm not sure that I understand complaining about the packaging. I mean as long as the eps are UNCUT who cares about how the DVD's were packaged?-lol
Old 07-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
EighteenMinutes
Forum Regular
It's comin' around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalyzer
who cares about how the DVD's were package?

That's like saying that you don't care what your car looks like on the outside as long as it's reliable.

Sure, complete episodes and picture/sound quality are the most important, but when the packaging looks like it was done in five minutes on PhotoShop, I'm a little disappointed. Call me petty, but when I put Season 3 and Season 4 side by side on a shelf, facing the same direction, and the text on the side of the packaging faces opposite ways, the graphic artist has done a horrible job (not to mention the boring white background).
Old 07-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #7
JulieSomoski
Watch Medium, Fridays on CBS!

Well, for the most part, I'm a perfectionist, and I'm sure you can all agree with me that the first season set was perfect. It was the highest quality possible. And getting the third and fourth season sets looking like they do, they just don't match up on my shelf. When I stand them up on my shelf, the logo is even going in opposite directions . . .
Old 08-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #8
AxelFoley
Frequent Poster

I agree with the both of you (roseanne & timlybarger), this really pisses me off! I'm a perfectionist too and I demand my sets to look good on the shelf. This slimcases and horrible artwork is really pissing me off. And the fact that the logos doesn't even going in opposite directions? That is a JOKE! How can they do this to a show like The Cosby Show, how????