Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Shows to Catch Up on This Summer; The Conners Coming to ABC Tuesdays This Fall
3rd Rock from the Sun Launches on Laff in July; The CW Fall 2018 Premiere Dates
NBC Fall 2018 Premiere Dates; Season 4 of Bounce Sitcom Premieres July 2
The History of Comedy Returns to CNN; Showtime Gets First Late Night Talk Show
Showtime Gets Don Cheadle Comedy; HBO Special Directed by Jerrod Carmichael Coming Soon
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 18, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Spinoff One Step Closer to Reality; Netflix to Air New Season of Lucifer
Fri-Yay: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Finally Finds Its Best Self; All About the Washingtons with Rev Run Coming to Netflix
Paramount Network Comedy Scores in Ratings; Stan Against Evil Returns on Halloween for Season 3
WGN America Picks Up Two Original Series; Pop TV Orders New Comedy Florida Girls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)

Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season Step by Step - The Complete First Season Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-29-2007, 11:46 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Nick at Nite June 2007 -- Father's Day Stunt

Nick at Nite June 2007 --

Regular Schedule

None

Specials & Marathons

- Father's Day on Nick at Nite
Sunday, May 13, 2007
9 p.m. through 1 a.m. ET/PT
Spend Father's Day evening with America's favorite TV dads!

9:00 p.m. – America’s Funniest Home Videos: TBD
9:30 p.m. - Full House #005 “Daddy’s Home”
Danny is waiting desperately for Michelle to say "Da-Da," and when she finally does, it's to Jesse and Joey! Fearing that his long work hours are negatively impacting his relationship with his children, Danny takes the girls on a string of "Father/Daughter" outings. Jesse, meanwhile, reluctantly agrees to give Joey some lessons on how to be "cool," but the process turns out to be more strenuous that they expected.
10:00 p.m. - The Cosby Show #013 – “Father’s Day”
Cliff gives the children a lecture on the importance of picking their father a suitable gift instead of the neon ties and yo-yos they usually buy him. The kids take his advice to heart and plan a special Father's Day for their dad six months early.
10:30 p.m. – The Cosby Show #161 – “It’s a Boy”
Alfred, a nervous expectant father turns to Cliff for tips on how to play basketball with his future son. Alfred also gets some insights from Theo on how boys view their fathers when it comes to sports. And both Alfred and Cliff get an enlightening lesson from their wives. Finally, Olivia announces her intention of becoming a doctor as well as a professional football player.
11:00 p.m. – The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air #054 – “Momma’s Baby, Carleton’s Maybe”
The Banks family is in an uproar when Carlton's former girlfriend, Cindy, presents her newborn baby, Carlton, Jr.
11:30 p.m. – The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air #057 – “Boyz in the Woods”
When Philip takes Carlton and Will on a camping trip, the inexperienced trio get trapped in a mountain cave during a snowstorm.
12 a.m. – Roseanne #014 – “Father’s Day”
Dan's super-salesman father comes by for a weekend visit. While the kids adore him, Dan has harbored years of animosity toward him, and dreads his arrival. Dan is convinced he is turning into his father, and soon Roseanne is forced into the role of peacemaker between the two men.
12:30 a.m. – Roseanne #046 – “Fathers and Daughters”
In an effort to get closer to Becky and Darlene, Roseanne and Dan stray into strange new terrain: Roseanne watches a basketball game with Darlene, and Dan goes clothes shopping with Becky at the mall.

COMING IN JULY: NICK AT NITE PREMIERE OF GREASE
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan; 06-27-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

This entire network is nothing but a joke, as I read about the Fresh Prince Wall-to-Wall marathon. The only exciting thing about this marathon is that they actually gave this one a name.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

why don't they just take every show off except for Fresh Prince? we all know that's what they really wanna do.

N@N has been falling since 2003, but it's gotten even worse in the past year and has hit rock bottom this year. i used to LOVE Fresh Prince, but now that i've seen EVERY EPISODE like 2948342323 times (and i only started watching a couple of years ago) i cant even watch it.

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:41 PM   #4
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

What gets me is that N@N is so high rated. I mean we all complain about the schedule, yet a lot of people watch it reguardless. The worse the channel gets, the higher the ratings get. And if TV Land airs movies, why does N@N have to? I have nothing against "Grease" but didn't they just air it on TV Land not too long ago? Why bring it to N@N.

A friend from work has been borrowing my Fresh Prince DVDs, and I think to myself, "Why bother with the DVDs? Chances are when you turn your TV on, there it is!"

(1) NewsRadio (2) Community (3) Taxi (4) Cheers (5) Boy Meets World (6) The Office (7) I Love Lucy (8) Wings (9) Ellen (10) Andy Richter Controls the Universe (11) Married ... with Children (12) The King of Queens (13) Parks & Recreation (14) The Honeymooners (15) Grounded for Life (16) Newhart (17) That '70s Show (18) Rhoda (19) Night Court (20) Ned and Stacey (21) Hey Dude (22) Spin City (23) Mister Ed (24) Norm (25) The Munsters
Adamantium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #5
noveel
Forum Regular

Sounds like the May schedule, except Mother's Day is replaced by Father's day
noveel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:21 PM   #6
noveel
Forum Regular

Has anyone seen the latest N@N ratings, they can't be that high? I'm geussing itmust be profitable to run Stale Prince non stop, it's not about ratings, it about profits, low ratings can be profitable if the programming is cheap.
noveel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:31 AM   #7
Heather987
Forum Regular

Wow I don't think we get enough Fresh Prince at all!!!!!
Fresh Prince is only on local channels, TBS, The N, and of course N@N every 3rd night, weekend marathons at least once a month aside from the monthly week long marathon.
Why not go ahead and add it to TV Land as well. I mean its not like with the DVD's being released and N@N anyone could possibly get their fill of Fresh Prince.

Seriously does Will Smith own part of/invest in N@N? I have never been a fan of the show but can tolerate it as being part of a channels line up but who is the person who has the hard on for Fresh Prince over at N@N? This is utterly rediculous how many times N@N plays this show, you can see the entire run of the show in one marathon, who is it out there that really needs to see it over and over?
Heather987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:19 PM   #8
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Does Will Smith own N&N???????????
Old 05-31-2007, 03:25 PM   #9
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
Does Will Smith own N&N???????????
It's weird someone brought this up, because it was a rumor a couple of months ago at the NAN/TVL message boards that he did own a part of the network, but that was just a rumor.

Again over at the NAN/TVL message boards, I asked how ratings for Fresh Prince were and why they air it all the time, and he said that it is still the top show on NAN, yet it isn't getting as good of ratings as it did a few months ago . . . I don't know what to make out of that.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:45 PM   #10
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

A Fresh Prince marathon? I thought that was the entire Nick at Nite lineup!!

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #11
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Oh so the wall-to-wall Fresh Prince marathon the entire week of June 25 is not enough right? Well, Nick at Nite has added a weekend marathon this weekend:
Friday, June 8 through Sunday, June 10
10:30pm-5am on Fri/Sat and 9:30pm-5am on Sun
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:03 PM   #12
Heather987
Forum Regular

Oh No

quote "I'll be glad this fall when we have "Home Improvement" and "George Lopez""

Are you sure that N@N wont just show them at odd hours...I mean remember we have had Designing Women, News Radio, Different World, and Growing Pains added to the schedule to only be knocked down to really late hours and/or off the schedule completely.

I am sure those shows they plan to add to the line-up could bring back some old viewers and probably new viewers BUT you should know by now that N@N has its favorites and Fresh Prince is the new favorite. The ran TCS into the ground and now its FP. I think in a year we will be in the same place with FP as we are now, all the time. New shows get added to N@N only to be replaced with the old ones. I just can't wait till FP becomes the next TCS being on both a rotating marathon on N@N and then played on TVLand .

I am starting to think that maybe our only hope of something taking FP off the N@N lineup for at least a few hours a week will be Family Matters (IMO another stupid show that will get overplayed).

I hope this doesnt come out sounding wrong but it seems that since Will Smith is popular and an A list actor that he is dominating N@N, Roseanne is/was doing the Funniest Mom thing so of course they are going to cater to her by having a rotating marathon of her show, and TCS was the break out show for African Americans to dominate for several years on NBC so of course N@N is going to also take advantage of that. The rest of the shows were not ground breaking, pushing the limits, or the starting point of a great acting career for a major star like the 3 we see over and over being run into the ground.

Personally N@N has ruined Will Smiths in my eyes, cause I can hardly stand to even turn on the TV to a channel with him on it, since I am so sick of him as the Fresh Prince. They have shoved Roseanne, TCS, and FP down our throats that I am suprised with DVD releases, and overload of marathons that people still want to see the same stale episodes over and over.

Ok enough of my rant for today.
Heather987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #13
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Oh so the wall-to-wall Fresh Prince marathon the entire week of June 25 is not enough right? Well, Nick at Nite has added a weekend marathon this weekend:
Friday, June 8 through Sunday, June 10
10:30pm-5am on Fri/Sat and 9:30pm-5am on Sun

I ain't complaining, it's better than watching Roseanne-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:15 PM   #14
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather987
quote "I'll be glad this fall when we have "Home Improvement" and "George Lopez""

Are you sure that N@N wont just show them at odd hours...I mean remember we have had Designing Women, News Radio, Different World, and Growing Pains added to the schedule to only be knocked down to really late hours and/or off the schedule completely.

I am sure those shows they plan to add to the line-up could bring back some old viewers and probably new viewers BUT you should know by now that N@N has its favorites and Fresh Prince is the new favorite. The ran TCS into the ground and now its FP. I think in a year we will be in the same place with FP as we are now, all the time. New shows get added to N@N only to be replaced with the old ones. I just can't wait till FP becomes the next TCS being on both a rotating marathon on N@N and then played on TVLand .

I am starting to think that maybe our only hope of something taking FP off the N@N lineup for at least a few hours a week will be Family Matters (IMO another stupid show that will get overplayed).

I hope this doesnt come out sounding wrong but it seems that since Will Smith is popular and an A list actor that he is dominating N@N, Roseanne is/was doing the Funniest Mom thing so of course they are going to cater to her by having a rotating marathon of her show, and TCS was the break out show for African Americans to dominate for several years on NBC so of course N@N is going to also take advantage of that. The rest of the shows were not ground breaking, pushing the limits, or the starting point of a great acting career for a major star like the 3 we see over and over being run into the ground.

Personally N@N has ruined Will Smiths in my eyes, cause I can hardly stand to even turn on the TV to a channel with him on it, since I am so sick of him as the Fresh Prince. They have shoved Roseanne, TCS, and FP down our throats that I am suprised with DVD releases, and overload of marathons that people still want to see the same stale episodes over and over.

Ok enough of my rant for today.

Home Improvement defintely won't be in a Overnight timeslot, George Lopez probably will be. I can;t see George Lopez airing before Midnight. I can defintely see N@N putting HI on between 9pm and 11pm
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #15
JulieSomoski

Yeah. In my opinion, they'll deside not to renew Full House when its contract is up in September, and replace it with Full House, and just to keep some room on the schedule for Roseanne/Fresh Prince. George Lopez is definitely the next show to bomb, but Home Improvement will probably be very popular.

About the weekend marathon, who cares? We all knew it was coming. Its not even worth telling us about anymore. And, this show airs almost twice as much as Roseanne and The Cosby Show do combined (The cosby show even airs more than Roseanne), and how could you rather watch Fresh Prince, Solomon, over Roseanne?