Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #61
Li-Sung
Forum Regular
I surrender

lowest has been 2.98. Highest 3.21

I think I will need to take out a mortgage to fill my car.

If there is an escape
I don't want to know
I am helplessly at your mercy

"I Miss The Chief"
Old 05-22-2007, 02:24 PM   #62
AllIWantIsYourClutch
Forum Legend
peaceout.

Send a message via AIM to AllIWantIsYourClutch

$3.65. Ridiculous.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:37 PM   #63
Dynomite
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIWantIsYourClutch
$3.65. Ridiculous.

You're damn right it is! In my area, it's up to $3.50 a gallon. I think we've had enough of oil company hotshots making excuses for their refinery problems instead of taking responsibility for all this high-priced fuel garbage. It's the oil companies' responsibility to upgrade their refineries. Last I heard, they were taking their unearned profits and squandering them on other things instead of using them to upgrade their refineries. I detest greed! Whatever happened to processing domestic petroleum? Those narrow-minded environmentalists are so overly concerned about adding to greenhouse gasses. Why don't they get a clue-processing domestic fuels beats counting on other countries for petroleum. If those environmentalist are so concerned about the domestic fuels polluting the air we breath, why not filter all fuels at all pumps. Domestic fuels might save us, the consumers, a lot of money. We also need to consider placing restrictions on importing petroleum. What about opening the reserves? That's a possibility. As for the oil companies, they need to be taxed heavily, not the consumers. They're making a profit at our expense. If anyone else has any ideas on how to quell this problem, please post anything you have in mind.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:45 AM   #64
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

I cant belive that gas is this high
Old 05-23-2007, 02:19 PM   #65
Holly
I LOVE SUNSETS :)

Send a message via AIM to Holly Send a message via Yahoo to Holly
3.20 now, im gonna fill it up again Friday so i can have gas this weekend to cruise around half of my paycheck goes tour's gas, ugh
Old 05-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #66
Czas na Zywiec
Forum Veteran
what up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite
You're damn right it is! In my area, it's up to $3.50 a gallon. I think we've had enough of oil company hotshots making excuses for their refinery problems instead of taking responsibility for all this high-priced fuel garbage. It's the oil companies' responsibility to upgrade their refineries. Last I heard, they were taking their unearned profits and squandering them on other things instead of using them to upgrade their refineries. I detest greed! Whatever happened to processing domestic petroleum? Those narrow-minded environmentalists are so overly concerned about adding to greenhouse gasses. Why don't they get a clue-processing domestic fuels beats counting on other countries for petroleum. If those environmentalist are so concerned about the domestic fuels polluting the air we breath, why not filter all fuels at all pumps. Domestic fuels might save us, the consumers, a lot of money. We also need to consider placing restrictions on importing petroleum. What about opening the reserves? That's a possibility. As for the oil companies, they need to be taxed heavily, not the consumers. They're making a profit at our expense. If anyone else has any ideas on how to quell this problem, please post anything you have in mind.

That's how those fat cats make their money, by exploiting us. That's never going to change.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:31 PM   #67
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

waite till August comes I bet Gas is even Highter
Old 05-23-2007, 03:58 PM   #68
Georgia's on my Mind
Forum Veteran

Old 05-23-2007, 04:20 PM   #69
Dynomite
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czas na Zywiec
That's how those fat cats make their money, by exploiting us. That's never going to change.

You're right about that! However, they had better start fearing the Federal Trade Commission, because they're considering going after them. Some more information on this link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18825910

If this proposal clears Congress, they had better expect our President to veto this proposal and work on overriding his veto and making it law. We've suffered enough and this insanity needs to stop.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #70
Frischman_Fan
Who luvs nerds?! I DO!!!

How much does gas cost? That's simple!

Old 05-24-2007, 01:24 AM   #71
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3scompanyfreak
How much does gas cost? That's simple!

What I wouldn't do to pay $2.339 per gallon today! Heck, $3.339 sounds reasonable!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:39 AM   #72
Dynomite
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
What I wouldn't do to pay $2.339 per gallon today! Heck, $3.339 sounds reasonable!

Our current situation is worse than the picture, more or less, but the fact in the matter is fuel prices that run more than a dollar than they're supposed to be, is still too much to pay. There isn't anything reasonable about this problem, but unfortunately, we're stuck with it. Go to a several postings back and you'll find that link from MSNBC about the House passing a measure, which is to hold Oil Companies accountable for taking advantage of the consumers, namely us. Don't expect our President to pass this measure-you can't trust him. He would likely consider this a threat to his fellow oilmen and their business practices, but the fact is they need to be held fully accountable for the problems they've created by their failure to use their profits to upgrade their refineries, which is their responsibility.

Last edited by Dynomite : 05-24-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:27 PM   #73
AB
Forum Celebrity
The Orville

$3.05 a gallon at Walmart today, that was for the lowest grade of gas.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:47 PM   #74
swedeace

Quote:
Originally Posted by annball1957
$3.05 a gallon at Walmart today, that was for the lowest grade of gas.
Wow....there are actually Wal-Marts with gas stations? I've never seen that before. We don't have those here.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:49 PM   #75
Chelsea
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeace
Wow....there are actually Wal-Marts with gas stations? I've never seen that before. We don't have those here.

There are a lot of 'em here in flyover country.
Former Seth, 1986-2015
For questions, comments, troubleshooting, or forum help, please PM TJ.