Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet (Sitcoms Online) / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet Photo Gallery

The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Buy The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons on DVD
Ozzie & Harriet Classics

Buy Ozzie & Harriet Classics on DVD
The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection

Buy The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites
ION Television Gets Festive for Holidays; USA Schedules Psych: The Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-27-2007, 01:05 AM   #1
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ
Default The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet DVD Review

At long last one of THE longest running family sitcoms has finally arrived on DVD! Shout! Factory has issued the release of 24 episodes, titled THE BEST OF THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET. Ozzie and Harriet premiered on ABC in 1952, and went on to last for 435 episodes! Starring Ozzie and Harriet Nelson, who were also married in real life, also starring their two real-life sons, Ricky and David. Over the 14-season span, both boys would marry and they too would be included in the series. 24 episodes spanning the entire series were selected to highlight the Nelson family.

Read our review here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/thebest...dvdreview.html

Post any questions or comments about the set.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:20 AM   #2
snorlaxnut
Frequent Poster
Let's hear it for WALLY!

Edited episodes? Bad choice Shout!, very bad choice.

But I would still get the set for episodes I don't have, audio commentaries, all the other extras, and that it's an offical set, not some public domain set.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:18 PM   #3
octobereve
Frequent Poster

I have it on pre-order and I am looking forward to getting it.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:52 AM   #4
TV DVD Fan

I'm looking forward to getting it too! To me, it doesn't really matter all that much as it would to other technical wizards about the edited episodes. You gotta remember, sometimes the original elements are just so HORRID looking that the set might've come out looking like a dollar-bin release in terms of video quality had they used the original masters. This was the case with ALF, but they should've kept better care of ALF considering by the time that show hit the airwaves, everyone knew about home video, syndication, and reruns. When O+H first aired, they all thought O+H's legacy would be non-existent, but boy were they wrong, so they did nothing to make sure all the episodes were well kept. Nevertheless, Shout did the best they could with the best elements available, and besides the edited episodes, it's still one hell of a set... FANTASTIC!

Sarah Connor: Maybe if you spend your life hiding who you are, you might finally end up fooling yourself.

- From the episode "Gnothi Seauton."
Old 04-29-2007, 03:53 PM   #5
KenanKel
Frequent Poster

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! THAT SHOW WAS ON FOR A LONG TIME!!! Anyways im 15 and i seen some of the episodes at www.tv4u.com - they have episodes 1-4, its kind of like leave it to beaver IMO.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #6
Nina
Occasional Poster

Just received my DVD from "Shout". Great stuff. I only wish that David Nelson and Sam Nelson had done more commentary's. I'm hopeful that this company gets to release more.

I think I'll write the company in hopes that they get to do just that.

Nina
Old 05-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #7
honeybea
Forum Regular

I was disappointed with so much editing. 22 minutes of a 26 minute plus show was way too much. The commentary was great, but Sam really didn't have much info about the shows, I would like to have heard more from David. I didn't realize that Ozzie's brother, Don, was 21 years younger than Ozzie. He probably owns some sort of rights to the shows too, maybe this is why season sets have never materialized and limited edited DVD's only exist. Who knows, but I sure wish season sets of unedited episodes were available. The Mill Creek DVD was so much better, in my opinion.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:51 PM   #8
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!

Default Have the set & love it.

Since I have abt 115 eps when I bought, I was delighted to find out that this set had 12 eps I didn't already have. And they were great episodes. And the extras are really great. Definitely worth getting!!
Old 10-01-2007, 12:07 AM   #9
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Enjoyed this set myself. Goes great with the set I got from Platinum--which isn't always the best elements, but I love some of the rare openings I've gotten as a result.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #10
dakert

I bought Shouts Best Of and then I got the 100 episodes box set from Mill Creek. I am enjoying the Mill Creek set much better
Old 02-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #11
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Are there a lot of episodes on the Mill Creek set that aren't available on other sets?