Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Laverne & Shirley links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Laverne & Shirley Photo Gallery

Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Laverne & Shirley
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-17-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
Robert 13

Default I bought Season 2 today!

After reading all of the reviews and comments on this site and Home Theater Forum, I wasn't sure what to expect for the Season Two dvd set. I must admit I was surprised at how well it was put together considering the music substitutes and edits. I scanned through a few episodes on the first disc and they look fantastic. The end credits have been altered to remove the music contributions frame but even that has been done very professionally. The new CBS/Paramount logo is on the screen while the closing theme music plays. It flows very nicely. I wasn't bothered by this as much. I hope all of the L&S fans run out and buy this set. It really is a nice set to add to your collection. I hope they continue releasing the rest of the series. The video quality alone was worth buying it for. And don't forget, when Columbia House issued the VHS tapes years ago, they charged $24.95 per video with 4 episodes. Here you are getting the entire season for a little more than that.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
AB
Forum Celebrity
The Orville

I'd been wondering how the DVD would be, it sounds like it would be worth getting. I'm still undecided about Happy Days S2.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #3
wayman
Frequent Poster

My local Wal-Mart is so lame. They didn't have it. They never seem to have many of the new TV on DVD releases.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:44 PM   #4
Edster2973
Forum Regular

I too am the proud owner of the Season 2 set. Anyone else?

Ed
Old 04-18-2007, 09:42 AM   #5
Robert 13

My local Best Buy had a handful of copies of all three shows. The Target near me doesn't seem to carry the newest TV-on-DVD anymore unless it's something that just aired in the past 5 years.

I watched the first 3 episodes last night and I love the set. All of the episodes look beautiful.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #6
shotzette
De Facto Queen of Everything

Just got my copy today--thank you amazon.com!
Old 04-21-2007, 08:16 PM   #7
angel676

After I left work on Tuesday, I went straight to Best Buy and bought the 2nd season. Hopefully, the 3rd season will be out before '09, I'm hoping sometime this year, but I won't get my hopes up.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #8
An 80s Guy
legen-wait for it-dary!

Send a message via Yahoo to An 80s Guy

I bought mine about two hours ago at Walmart for $19.96.Mork and Mindy was $29.99.Happy Days was the same price as Laverne and Shirley but I've lost my interest in Happy days.I'm going to watch it later.Has anyone else bought it?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #9
wayman
Frequent Poster

I finally picked this up last night. I was on my way home from visiting family and I stopped at a Wal-Mart about an hour from home. They had one copy left and it was in good condition so I got it. They had 2 copies of "Happy Days" Season 2 and 3 or 4 copies of "Mork and Mindy" Season 2. They were all 19.96 each. I plan to get "Happy Days" and "Mork and Mindy" but they will have to wait until another day. I'm hoping they release Season 3 of "Happy Days" which introduced Laverne and Shirley.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #10
Heidi Dawn
Forum Regular
Muppets

I got the last copy available at Wal-Mart last week. The DVD's sold well there.
Complete Series Box Sets: MASH, Three's Company, Gilligan's Island, The Dukes Of Hazzard, The Golden Girls, The Monkees, The Brady Bunch, Full House, I Dream Of Jeannie, Bewitched, Taxi, Gimme A Break, Dallas, Charlie's Angels, Joanie Loves Chachi, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, The Cosby Show, The Facts of Life.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #11
Robert 13

I hope we see Season 3 released before the end of the year. This time, I hope they clear as many music rights as possible to make it as complete as possible. I'm looking forward to having "The Dentist" and "The Slow Child" on dvd.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #12
kelly brester
Frequent Poster

Wink laverne and shirley second season

i will be geting the second season of laverne and shirley my dad ordered it from ebay and it is coming from pensilviana and i cant wait to get it i am so excited , , i want to send a shout out to penny and cindy , cindy and penny land s fans love you girls and we are so excited about the second season , hip horay hip horay yahoooooo shirley laverne well come back did any bod here of any news abot a new show with penny and cindy this is going to be great penny and cindy i love you robert i love cindy williams god bless penny and cindy
Old 05-16-2007, 01:52 AM   #13
Jinxey
Forum Regular

At the end of next month, I'll buy the first two seasons.