Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #31
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraj
I thought Pinky was just a one-time character who just made that special guest appearance for that 3-parter. Like the CA Kid from that other 3-parter in that next season.
Yea I'm not sure. They promoted HD big time back then and Pinky was really promoted but I never heard that she was supposed to be a regular. I don't know how it could have gone to her head since she was written out of the show before the episodes aired.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #32
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

I'm guessing that the producers envisioned Pinky as a recurring character who'd make a few appearances each season, like her sister Leather ended up doing.

Roz Kelly essentially shot herself in the foot and was never invited back.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #33
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

the way they promoted it before that season 's premiere it really seemed like Pinky and Sticks were going to be regular characters, I'd like to think that they were trying to add more interesting characters to keep the show fresh - something they should have done a lot better job of after Ron and Don left.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:18 AM   #34
Prince Michael
Forum Regular

Question

What happened in the last scene in Part three of "Fonzie Loves Pinky" that made it unlikely that Pinky would be a regular character ? What happened in the earlier scene where Fonzie and Pinky broke up at Arnold's . Can you please give me a few details to jog my memory ?
Old 09-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #35
mets82

To answer your question, I dont think Fonzie liked the fact that Pinky was going to be the bread winner. I do remember, The Pinkettes, Pinky's friends, gave Fonzie a check which led to the breakup at Arnolds.

I do remember when Leather first came on the show, Fonzie asked how Pinky was and Leather said "she's cool" and you never heard Pinky's name again. I dont think Fonzie should have gone out with Pinky exclusively because at that time the Fonz was a loner in a way.

Btw, I would have loved Sticks as a regular. I thought he was funny but only lasted 1 or 2 episodes.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #36
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
I do remember when Leather first came on the show, Fonzie asked how Pinky was and Leather said "she's cool" and you never heard Pinky's name again. I dont think Fonzie should have gone out with Pinky exclusively because at that time the Fonz was a loner in a way.

Agreed. Like I've said before, I could see Pinky on the show, but as a recurring character, not a regular.

Ironically, her "sister" Leather ended up becoming the recurring character.

Roz Kelly shot herself in the foot and she didn't have much of a career after that, sadly.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #37
The Flying Dutchmans

Roz Kelly. Then and Now.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #38
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity
Tom Petty 1950-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
the way they promoted it before that season 's premiere it really seemed like Pinky and Sticks were going to be regular characters, I'd like to think that they were trying to add more interesting characters to keep the show fresh - something they should have done a lot better job of after Ron and Don left.

You are so right robyrob! The show would have been much more interesting with those two characters! I quit watching HD after Ron and Don left.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #39
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity
Tom Petty 1950-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
Agreed. Like I've said before, I could see Pinky on the show, but as a recurring character, not a regular.

Ironically, her "sister" Leather ended up becoming the recurring character.

Leather with her '70's shag hairdo just never fit the time/era or place. Big mistake there! Joanie's and Chachi's hair was all wrong too! Things like that really turned me away from the show. Between Potsie's singing and the 70's atmosphere of a show that was to be in the 50's /early 60's. BAD! BAD! BAD!
Sorry for getting off topic but the changes in HD really disappointed me!
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #40
cleverfun3000

Old 08-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #41
moontheloon8
First Time Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
Leather with her '70's shag hairdo just never fit the time/era or place. Big mistake there! Joanie's and Chachi's hair was all wrong too! Things like that really turned me away from the show. Between Potsie's singing and the 70's atmosphere of a show that was to be in the 50's /early 60's. BAD! BAD! BAD!
Sorry for getting off topic but the changes in HD really disappointed me!
Yes! I totally agree. Leather looked like she got sent back in time from the '70s lol. Plus I thought she was a bit too butch-looking for that era. I did and still do love Stumblin' in though...a classic.
I loved Pinky. She didn't seem too old to me (and I was about 10 back then)and I thought she was pretty hot-right up there with Jaclyn Smith and Lynda Carter! But I thought Pinky died in Fonzie' s arms after her cycle crashed....am I imagining that? It has been a long time.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:11 AM   #42
anglemark10
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by moontheloon8
But I thought Pinky died in Fonzie' s arms after her cycle crashed....am I imagining that? It has been a long time.
That didn't happen. However, I think there was something like that when Pinky got hurt in the demolition derby. Maybe that's what you're thinking.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #43
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglemark10
That didn't happen. However, I think there was something like that when Pinky got hurt in the demolition derby. Maybe that's what you're thinking.
Correct, she DID NOT DIE. IN FACT, The second and last appearance of Roz Kelly as Pinky Tuscadero was in the pilot of BLANSKY'S BEAUTIES. Directed by Garry Marshall. SEEN HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94nX2eUkHmM
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2016, 02:16 PM   #44
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Here is Pinky today.
source: http://screenrant.com/where-are-they...ppy-days-cast/
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2016, 05:57 PM   #45
frankred
Frequent Poster

Roz Kelly was not particularly liked by the other cast members not just Henry Winkler. She was a loose cannon. I remember reading a story in a fan magazine were she was in love with Paul Michael Glaser and did not like Henry Winkler. The show was not less without her. However this was the last great season and from there the show started to decline,