Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-01-2009, 01:03 AM   #16
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Dutchmans
I didnt like the pinky character myself, I thought she was too much hype, I did however like her little sister, or should I say leather tuscadero
(suzi quatro) and her song stumblin in.
I love Stumblin' In, too - that is such a catchy tune. Getting back to Roz Kelly, the most newsworthy thing she's done since Happy Days isn't exactly good:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,615311,00.html

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 01-01-2009, 01:03 AM   #17
YoliUSA
Fan of the Classics

Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterston_Fan
Did the character Leather come back?

Yes. She was on a few episodes during the 5th and 6th seasons.

Re: Roz Kelly: She was supposed to be a recurring character. I have a copy of an episode of the Captain & Tennille variety show where Ron, Donny & Erin appear and Roz is also on the episode but she appears as Pinky. This and the Match Game appearance prove in some way that they were promoting her as a new cast member, but that's JMO.

I wonder if the last scene in Part 3 of Fonzie Loves Pinky was filmed after the powers that be decided to let her go.

"Sometimes I just don't understand human behavior"- C-3PO

My DVD's
Old 01-01-2009, 01:11 AM   #18
Waterston_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoliUSA

Re: Roz Kelly: She was supposed to be a recurring character. I have a copy of an episode of the Captain & Tennille variety show where Ron, Donny & Erin appear and Roz is also on the episode but she appears as Pinky. This and the Match Game appearance prove in some way that they were promoting her as a new cast member, but that's JMO.

I wonder if the last scene in Part 3 of Fonzie Loves Pinky was filmed after the powers that be decided to let her go.

I think so but then in the earlier scene, they had it where they both broke up at Arnold's. So maybe they never meant to keep her?
Old 01-01-2009, 02:27 AM   #19
Pat

Quote:
I think so but then in the earlier scene, they had it where they both broke up at Arnold's. So maybe they never meant to keep her?

Leather was in several episodes:
1) she first arrived at Arnold's (the crowd chanted "go home jailbirds") - This is a two parter concluding in Joanie running away from home to join her band.
2) when Ralph took her on a date to the ball
and a few others
3) she sang at a lodge in the snow where Richie gets into a fight of gealousy with a lumberjack
4) she was there and sang on the Cunningham's family piano when Richie got hit on his motorcycle.

Pinky: I think you are right. The three part episode seem to end in such a manner that wouldn't really allow her to return.
Several years ago, the actress was arrested for taking several shots at a car (which had an alarm going off in the middle of the night while she was trying to sleep.) I remenber reading/hearing Gary Marshal saying that he was surprised to hear of this because she was a wonderful person to work with.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #20
Avilos
Frequent Poster

I think its clear that Gary Marshall still likes the idea of the Pinky character. She is in the new Happy Days musical. But the new actress is a blonde and not a redhead like Roz Kelly.

Makes you wonder if he ever considered recasting her on the actual show? Her appearance in the musical shows he sees Pinky as Fonzie's definitive girlfriend.

Obviously Leather was the real substitute. Having a sister with a different style allowed them to start over without comparisons.

Seeing the episodes years after they first aired and removed from the publicity of her debut and departure I don't get the appeal of Pinky. She is just another tough girl. Its as if Marshall was drawing inspiration from Rizzo in Grease. Heck, the name of the all girl club in that movie is called "The Pink Ladies"!!!!

Leather was much more unique. Of course they basically adapted Suzi Quatro's own style to the character. But it worked.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #21
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Interesting though. I never thought why she or Leather never came back.

Did the character Leather come back?

I saw the three parter.. I agree, I think it would have messed up the show some and it seemed like HW-- The Fonz was the star.. or up coming star.

The Leather character made several appearances during the fifth and sixth seasons (1977-1979), coming back frequently. Apparently, Suzi Quatro was easier to get along with and therefore, the producers made sure that the character would show up from time to time.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:44 AM   #22
Avilos
Frequent Poster

I read that Gary Marshall went so far as to offer Suzi Quatro her own Leather Tuscadero spin-off show. I am assuming she was not interested in being a full time actress which would have cut into time for her music career.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #23
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avilos
I read that Gary Marshall went so far as to offer Suzi Quatro her own Leather Tuscadero spin-off show. I am assuming she was not interested in being a full time actress which would have cut into time for her music career.
I read that too. Supposedly, she didn't want to be typecast.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #24
Zebra 3
Striped Tomato

TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
Roz Kelly was in Season one or two of Starsky and Hutch as an undercover cop (If I recall)
Roz Kelly appeared in the first three seasons playing three different characters with her well known tough girl image. The undercover cop was her last role in the series.
Season 1 - Death Notice (1975)
Season 2 - The Las Vegas Strangler (1976)
Season 3 - Fatal Charm (1977)

Message Board
Old 02-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #25
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Henry Winkler is the nicest guy in the world, and for you to tick him off, you really have to have a screw loose? Roz Kelly looked too old for the show then and she's a total nut job now. From what I read, they tried to give her own show but I don't recall seeing it on the air back in the 70s?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #26
Pat

Default The last thing I read about her...

was that she was going to court because there was a car in her neighborhood with the alarm going off in the middle of the night. This was keeping her from her sleep, so she took her pistol out and took several shots at the car. That was probably 20 yrs ago.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #27
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
was that she was going to court because there was a car in her neighborhood with the alarm going off in the middle of the night. This was keeping her from her sleep, so she took her pistol out and took several shots at the car. That was probably 20 yrs ago.

According to the article it occurred Wednesday April 28, 1999
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,615311,00.html
OK, maybe she was having a bad day?

Not for nothing but HOW OLD are Pinky's side kicks? I mean seriously? Who cast these women? Could they be any more homely?

Last edited by antman67 : 02-20-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #28
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoliUSA

To me, that left the door open for Pinky's return. She could have come back from the racing tour, realizing she misses Fonzie and become a regular or a recurring character.

Obviously, that was not the destiny of it.

Kelly also appeared as Pinky on The Paul Lynde Halloween Special and an episode of Blansky's Beauties, and I believe that was all she wrote.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #29
cleverfun3000

Last edited by cleverfun3000 : 03-11-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #30
Race's Girl
Forum Veteran
Miss Tremendous

Send a message via MSN to Race's Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Race's Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverfun3000

Nice caption