Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery


Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrities Get Animated on Animal Planet; Freeform Drama Pilot Underway
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Game of Thrones Leads Emmy Nominations; New Beverly Hillbillies DVDs Coming in October
Fri-Yay: What Was the Best Decade for Sitcoms?; The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations
Netflix Gets Christina Applegate Comedy; South Park Returns Sept. 26 for Season 22
Alone Together Returns Aug. 1 on Freeform; Sony Crackle Gets Rob Riggle Comedy
CBS Fall 2018 Premiere Dates; Freeform Announces Holiday Movies for 2018


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)

New Girl - The Complete Seventh Season Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
studd911
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 21, 2004
Posts: 1,284
Default i am shocked about hd2 on dvd i thought the dvd 2 would have everything i guess i was

hey hd2 fans, i am shocked about what i heard about season 2 having the rock around the clock theme changed to season 3, its weired, i guess paramount has been lying to me all of this time because when i called and asked them did they have all of the music rights, they told me that all of the original music was intact, even my friend called them up and they told him the same thing,why would they lie, hey i am not worried about the deleted scenes because i no that everything that was cut in syndication will be on there, but if the music is from what we have heard on syndication, i no for a fact that allot hd fans including me will b pissed and we can forget seeing season 3 especially if season does not sell, and asfor the music change i hope its not from the syndication version, because if thats the case then they should have not gon on with the released, because they no that the fans will complain who knows we will have to see what happens
studd911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
hey hd2 fans, i am shocked about what i heard about season 2 having the rock around the clock theme changed to season 3, its weired, i guess paramount has been lying to me all of this time because when i called and asked them did they have all of the music rights, they told me that all of the original music was intact, even my friend called them up and they told him the same thing,why would they lie, hey i am not worried about the deleted scenes because i no that everything that was cut in syndication will be on there, but if the music is from what we have heard on syndication, i no for a fact that allot hd fans including me will b pissed and we can forget seeing season 3 especially if season does not sell, and asfor the music change i hope its not from the syndication version, because if thats the case then they should have not gon on with the released, because they no that the fans will complain who knows we will have to see what happens

Even though it's weird to have the season 3 theme with season 2 eps, it's not that big of a deal just be happy that another season was released with UNEDITED eps. I just cant imagine how it will look to see the season 2 opening with season 3 music.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
 
Pavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 17, 2000
Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Posts: 26,289
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default

Solomon, it is not just the theme that has been replaced. Other songs used in the actual episodes also will be replaced. Does anyone have a list of actual songs and a list of songs that syndication uses for Season 2, so we can compare?

And I hope actual scenes were not edited out because of the music replacement. CBS DVD actually edited out scenes from the Family Ties S1 DVD because of music. Cheap.
__________________
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog -- The best news out there!
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
studd911
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 21, 2004
Posts: 1,284
Default

if this is what we have waited for, then it does ot make sense to by season 2, and we can forget seeing season 3 especially is season is not edited, i am pissed off at paramount, they no that they are going to get allot of flack for this, mybe somebody should call there home entertainment to find out if its trie 1-323956-5000 good luck
studd911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:03 PM   #5
anglemark10
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: May 06, 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Does anyone have a list of actual songs and a list of songs that syndication uses for Season 2, so we can compare?
I don't have a list of the actual songs heard in the ABC airings, but I do have lists for the syndicated TV Land airings. They may not be 100 percent complete, but they're pretty darn close. Here they are (the songs for each episode should be in the order they are heard in that particular episode):

"Richie Moves Out"
1. "Yakety Yak" by the Coasters
2. replacement
3. "Love Me Tender" by Elvis Presley
4. "Earth Angel" by the Penguins
5. replacement
6. "Wheel of Fortune" by Kay Starr

"Richie's Car"
1. "Secret Love" by Doris Day
2. replacement

"Who's Sorry Now?"
1. replacement
2. unknown instrumental in flashback
3. replacement in flashback
4. unknown instrumental in flashback
5. "Splish Splash" by Bobby Darin
6. "Blueberry Hill" by Fats Domino
7. "Lipstick On Your Collar" by Connie Francis
8. "Hound Dog" by Elvis Presley

"You Go to My Head"
1. "I'm Walkin'" by Fats Domino
2. "Perfidia" by The Ventures

"ROTC"
1. "Little Darlin'" by the Diamonds
2. "Who's Sorry Now" by Connie Francis

"Haunted"
1. "I'm Walkin'" by Fats Domino
2. replacement
3. replacement
4. replacement
5. "My Prayer" by the Platters
6. unknown instrumental

"Wish Upon a Star"
1. "Sh-Boom" by the Crew Cuts
2. "Hound Dog"(instrumental) by Elvis Presley
3. unknown instrumental
4. replacement
5. replacement
6. "Love Me Tender" (instrumental) by Elvis Presley
7. "Earth Angel" by the Penguins
8. "Mona Lisa" (instrumental) by Nat King Cole

"Not with My Sister, You Don't"
1. "Blueberry Hill" by Fats Domino
2. replacement
3. "Love Me Tender" by Elvis Presley

"Big Money"
1. an unknown instrumental
2. "Pretend" by Nat King Cole

"A Star Is Bored"
1. "Cry" by Johnnie Ray
2. "Yakety Yak" by the Coasters

"Guess Who's Coming to Christmas"
1. "Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms
2. replacement

"Open House"
1. "See You Later Alligator" by Bill Haley and the Comets
2. "My Prayer" by the Platters

"Fonzie's Getting Married"
1. "Blueberry Hill" by Fats Domino

"The Cunningham Caper"
none

"The Not Making of the President"
1. replacement
2. "Sh-Boom" by the Crew Cuts

"Cruisin'"
1. replacement
2. "Little Darlin'" by the Diamonds
3. "Ricochet" (instrumental) by Teresa Brewer

"The Howdy Doody Show"
1. "Blueberry Hill" by Fats Domino
2. replacement

"Get a Job"
1. "Wheel of Fortune" by Kay Starr

"Fonzie Joins the Band"
1. "Splish Splash" by Bobby Darin (played twice by the band)
2. "I'm Walkin'" (instrumental) by Fats Domino (played by the band)
3. replacement
4. "My Prayer" (instrumental) by the Platters (played by the band)
5. "Perfidia" by the Ventures (played by the band)

"Fish and the Fins"
1. "Young Blood" by the Coasters (played twice by the Fins)
2. "Hound Dog" by Elvis Presley
3. "Ricochet" by Teresa Brewer

"Richie's Flip Side"
1. replacement (heard twice)
2. "Sh-Boom" by the Crew Cuts
3. "Splish Splash" by Bobby Darin (heard twice)
4. "Little Darlin'" by the Diamonds
5. "See You Later Alligator" by Bill Haley and the Comets
6. replacement

"Kiss Me Sickly"
1. "Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)" by Doris Day
2. replacement
3. "Who's Sorry Now" by Connie Francis
4. "Cry" by Johnnie Ray

"Goin' to Chicago"
none
anglemark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:34 PM   #6
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
 
Pavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 17, 2000
Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Posts: 26,289
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default

anglemark10: Thank you very much. That will help!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:40 AM   #7
anglemark10
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: May 06, 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 772
Default

You're welcome. Glad to help.
anglemark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:42 AM   #8
faraj
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 03, 2004
Posts: 694
Default

I hate copyright laws.
__________________
John
faraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:53 AM   #9
Robert 13
Member
Senior Member
 
Robert 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 10, 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,474
Default

That's interesting. I watched a couple of L&S episodes last night from the Season One dvd and there were 2 songs "I'm Walkin'" and "Mona Lisa". So, they cleared music rights on Season 1 but they won't do it for Season 2??? I guess that's why they labeled the first set "The Complete First Season" but have shortened to "The Second Season" for the second sets. It seemed odd to me when they were announced months ago.
Robert 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #10
faraj
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 03, 2004
Posts: 694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglemark10
I don't have a list of the actual songs heard in the ABC airings, but I do have lists for the syndicated TV Land airings. They may not be 100 percent complete, but they're pretty darn close. Here they are (the songs for each episode should be in the order they are heard in that particular episode):

"Richie Moves Out"
1. "Yakety Yak" by the Coasters
2. replacement
3. "Love Me Tender" by Elvis Presley
4. "Earth Angel" by the Penguins
5. replacement
6. "Wheel of Fortune" by Kay Starr

"Richie's Car"
1. "Secret Love" by Doris Day
2. replacement

"Who's Sorry Now?"
1. replacement
2. unknown instrumental in flashback
3. replacement in flashback
4. unknown instrumental in flashback
5. "Splish Splash" by Bobby Darin
6. "Blueberry Hill" by Fats Domino
7. "Lipstick On Your Collar" by Connie Francis
8. "Hound Dog" by Elvis Presley

"You Go to My Head"
1. "I'm Walkin'" by Fats Domino
2. "Perfidia" by The Ventures

"ROTC"
1. "Little Darlin'" by the Diamonds
2. "Who's Sorry Now" by Connie Francis

"Haunted"
1. "I'm Walkin'" by Fats Domino
2. replacement
3. replacement
4. replacement
5. "My Prayer" by the Platters
6. unknown instrumental

"Wish Upon a Star"
1. "Sh-Boom" by the Crew Cuts
2. "Hound Dog"(instrumental) by Elvis Presley
3. unknown instrumental
4. replacement
5. replacement
6. "Love Me Tender" (instrumental) by Elvis Presley
7. "Earth Angel" by the Penguins
8. "Mona Lisa" (instrumental) by Nat King Cole

"Not with My Sister, You Don't"
1. "Blueberry Hill" by Fats Domino
2. replacement
3. "Love Me Tender" by Elvis Presley

"Big Money"
1. an unknown instrumental
2. "Pretend" by Nat King Cole

"A Star Is Bored"
1. "Cry" by Johnnie Ray
2. "Yakety Yak" by the Coasters

"Guess Who's Coming to Christmas"
1. "Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms
2. replacement

"Open House"
1. "See You Later Alligator" by Bill Haley and the Comets
2. "My Prayer" by the Platters

"Fonzie's Getting Married"
1. "Blueberry Hill" by Fats Domino

"The Cunningham Caper"
none

"The Not Making of the President"
1. replacement
2. "Sh-Boom" by the Crew Cuts

"Cruisin'"
1. replacement
2. "Little Darlin'" by the Diamonds
3. "Ricochet" (instrumental) by Teresa Brewer

"The Howdy Doody Show"
1. "Blueberry Hill" by Fats Domino
2. replacement

"Get a Job"
1. "Wheel of Fortune" by Kay Starr

"Fonzie Joins the Band"
1. "Splish Splash" by Bobby Darin (played twice by the band)
2. "I'm Walkin'" (instrumental) by Fats Domino (played by the band)
3. replacement
4. "My Prayer" (instrumental) by the Platters (played by the band)
5. "Perfidia" by the Ventures (played by the band)

"Fish and the Fins"
1. "Young Blood" by the Coasters (played twice by the Fins)
2. "Hound Dog" by Elvis Presley
3. "Ricochet" by Teresa Brewer

"Richie's Flip Side"
1. replacement (heard twice)
2. "Sh-Boom" by the Crew Cuts
3. "Splish Splash" by Bobby Darin (heard twice)
4. "Little Darlin'" by the Diamonds
5. "See You Later Alligator" by Bill Haley and the Comets
6. replacement

"Kiss Me Sickly"
1. "Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)" by Doris Day
2. replacement
3. "Who's Sorry Now" by Connie Francis
4. "Cry" by Johnnie Ray

"Goin' to Chicago"
none
ROTC also had "My Prayer" by the Platters in the final tag scene that has been left out on syndication for years. It's the part where Potsie walks into Arnold', saying, "Guess who's the new ROTC squad leader. Ten Hut!" Then Richie says, "Now we know who not to talk to." Then he and Ralph walked out, leaving Potsie behind to eat their sundaes. I was looking forward to that deleted ROTC scene, and I've been counting on seeing that part on the S2 DVD set. But after hearing about this stupid music alteration, now I'm not too sure, and I have a feeling that we're all in for a disappointment. On the other hand, maybe the music alteration won't necessarily affect the editing on the scenes. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by faraj; 04-04-2007 at 12:46 AM.
faraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #11
studd911
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 21, 2004
Posts: 1,284
Default

i am a bit worried it looks like paramount pictures has let us down, i thought that the got all of the music rights clearence that was what i was told when i called paramount home video, the people that i spoke with had typed the info in to there computer and they said that all of the music was there, but there has ben a sourch change what ever that means, i no paramount would not lie to there fans, because they no that we have waited to lone for the show t be not in its original form, i hope that what ever music was changed it will not be from the syndication version because if thats the case season 2 will be just like season not selling well and we cn forget seeing season 3 and the rest of the series, lets up that the rumors was false because the person that i spoke with told me that they got the music rights we will have to waite and see
studd911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:49 PM   #12
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
 
Pavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 17, 2000
Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Posts: 26,289
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default

studd911: This is no rumor. We know for a fact there are music replacements. The theme song is is even replaced by the season three one. Wait for our review and you'll see. TJ is reviewing it.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #13
wayne
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 03, 2000
Location: portland Oregon, Inspiration Point
Posts: 1,046
Default

I just hope they show all of the episodes and not just the 20 minute versions we have seen on TV. Its dumb to have 10 minutes of commercials.
__________________
wayne's world
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #14
spanky1
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 21, 2005
Posts: 2
Default What year is S2 set?

What year is Season 2 set? I noticed the song Perfidia by the Ventures, but that didn't come out until 1961. I remember the election episode(Ike vs. Adlai), but don't recall the season?
spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #15
faraj
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 03, 2004
Posts: 694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky1
What year is Season 2 set? I noticed the song Perfidia by the Ventures, but that didn't come out until 1961. I remember the election episode(Ike vs. Adlai), but don't recall the season?
1956, I believe.
faraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.