Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Laverne & Shirley links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Laverne & Shirley Photo Gallery

Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Laverne & Shirley
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
santaburger
Frequent Poster
BooBooKitty :)

Send a message via AIM to santaburger
Default TV Land Developing Show Featuring Penny & Cindy...

Okay, I'm not sure if you guys have seen the recent blog entries, but basically:

"The Dish: Schlemeel! Schlemazel! … TV Land’s gonna do it.

The network’s president, Larry Jones, said he is developing a loosely scripted show featuring the real Laverne & Shirley, Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams. As themselves.

He said a pilot, with the duo living together at Penny’s house, is scheduled to shoot next month. It would pair the actresses in a series for the first time since collaborating on the long-running sitcom, “Laverne & Shirley.” "

The full writeup is available here: http://blogs.tvweek.com/mels-diner/m...3.21.2007.html

So, thoughts?? I for one am pretty much speechless. But also very excited to see what comes of this and to watch Penny & Cindy together again. But I'd be interested in hearing from fans and non-fans alike....

And follow the Laverne & Shirley Fan Twitter for the latest in L&S news, quotes, commentary, & more!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Why not just show us LAVERNE & SHIRLEY INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? NO MORE ORIGINAL PROGRAMMING TVLAND!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
Why not just show us LAVERNE & SHIRLEY INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? NO MORE ORIGINAL PROGRAMMING TVLAND!

I agree with you 100%!

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 03-22-2007, 08:01 PM   #4
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
My thoughts exactly. Bring L&S back. All this original programming is for the birds. Alf's TV Talk Show, that Farrah Reality Show. Pilleeezzzeee.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:24 PM   #5
shotzette
De Facto Queen of Everything

I'm going to reserve judgement and fire up the old TiVo! I liked the second reunion show and i'm thrilled when there is any excuse to get these two in a room together. I'm very curious to see if the hostility between teh two actresses in the last few years of the show will be addressed at all, or if reteaming will start it all over again.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #6
Already Gone

Good lord, not another reality show. I agree with no more original programming, just stick to the classics. We don't need an L&S reality show.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:15 PM   #7
santaburger
Frequent Poster
BooBooKitty :)

Send a message via AIM to santaburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotzette
I'm going to reserve judgement and fire up the old TiVo! I liked the second reunion show and i'm thrilled when there is any excuse to get these two in a room together. I'm very curious to see if the hostility between teh two actresses in the last few years of the show will be addressed at all, or if reteaming will start it all over again.

That's pretty much where I stand too - as a pretty huge fan, any opportunity to see some Penny/Cindy interaction is great, let alone as part of a regular TV show. I definitely didn't see this coming, that's for sure. And I, too, am anxious to see if there is any mention of old hostility...

But, with that said, I'm already not too optimistic about how the show will be received. The general consensus seems to be that TV Land Original Programming = Not the Best Idea, and I would say that, in an overall sense, I definitely agree.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #8
kelly brester
Frequent Poster

Thumbs up laverne and shirley are back

wow thats cool cindy and penny living together at pennys house wow , i am excited wow , the girls are back yahoooooo yeah yeah yes yes cool wellcome back laverne and shirley , cindy williams penny marshall right on i love you cindy
Old 03-25-2007, 01:38 AM   #9
Robert 13

I'm excited to see it. Normally, I don't care much for TV Land's Original Programming but I will see how this project works out.

On a side note, if we get all of the series on dvd, I hope they put the 2 reunions on there as well.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:29 PM   #10
tiff7
wdwdisneylandnut4life

Send a message via AIM to tiff7 Send a message via Yahoo to tiff7

can't wait to see the girls together again! they need Eddie, Betty, Michael, David on the show then we can have another reunion (the last one was several yrs ago)

http://www.myspace.com/wdwdancetwirlnut
http://www.twitter.com/wdwdisneyland7
Tiff Prendergast on Facebook
http://www.youtube.com/svhwdwnut
Old 03-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #11
AB
Forum Celebrity
The Orville

Hope it will be good!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:34 PM   #12
gidgetgrape
Forever Gidget

I'll give it a chance!
Old 03-31-2007, 03:19 PM   #13
An 80s Guy
legen-wait for it-dary!

Send a message via Yahoo to An 80s Guy

Maybe to promote it they'll have a Laverne and Shirley marathon.I'm still going to give this show a chance even though I usually hate their original programing.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:18 AM   #14
GeminiX1985
Forum Regular
Laverne Defazio @ <3

Send a message via AIM to GeminiX1985 Send a message via MSN to GeminiX1985 Send a message via Yahoo to GeminiX1985

Personally, I like the idea. I know that there's a lot of reality tv shows out there but what are good enough to hold my attention? Pretty much none. I think that if this is the closest we could ever get to anything new of L&S, even if it's the gals playing themselves, i'm all for it; they're hilarious together! Penny Marshall cracks me up when she's on interviews so this should be good, especially how Cindy is almost pretty much the total opposite of her. I'm sure there will be some arguing, lmfao.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:36 AM   #15
Skywalker
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by An 80s Guy
Maybe to promote it they'll have a Laverne and Shirley marathon.I'm still going to give this show a chance even though I usually hate their original programing.

That would be great but I doubt it would ever happen. I believe L&S still airs on the Lifetime Movie Network.

I don't understand why TV Land keeps airing all these reality shows. ALF's Talk Show, I Pity the Fool, Farrah's Show... didn't all these shows get cancelled after only one season? What's the point?