Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-30-2007, 02:39 AM   #16
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

• THE JACKIE THOMAS SHOW
  • THE BEN STILLER SHOW
  • MY MOTHER THE CAR, and IT'S ABOUT TIME (really!!)

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 08-08-2007, 08:51 PM   #17
Psparks
Frequent Poster

My favorite is Love Monkey. Only 8 episodes and it would be a miracle to get on dvd because of how the show revolves around music.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:17 PM   #18
Corolla

I don't really have any.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #19
Heidi
Frequent Poster

Default Love Monkey

I really liked "Love Monkey", too.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #20
needles1987
Frequent Poster

My brother and me
Old 05-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #21
Robert 13

I'd have to say Square Pegs and Gloria.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #22
Tom Munster
Frequent Poster

Default Anyone remember "Bridget Loves Bernie"?

"Bridget Loves Bernie" starred Meredith Baxter and David Birney as a rich Catholic girl who marries a poor Jewish boy and the complications their families cause them.
It was on CBS in 1972-73 on Saturday nights between "All in the Family" and "Mary Tyler Moore". It had the perfect can't miss timeslot. It had very good ratings, yet CBS pulled the plug after one season. I could never understand that!
Many of you probably know that Bridget really did love Bernie because Meredith Baxter and David Birney were married in real life in 1973. I think that marriage lasted until the early 1980's, a heck of a long run compared to this show!

Sony Pictures was set to release the series on DVD in 2006 but changed their mind at the last minute. What a shame. The show had a great supporting cast, too. This show deserves to be seen by a new generation.
C'mon Sony, it's only 25 (or so) episodes. You can release this one anytime now!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #23
howilu

Bridget Loves Bernie and When Things Were Rotten.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #24
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Here and Now-1992

Thea-1993
Old 06-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #25
Du Mont
Forum Regular

Default Bridget Loves Bernie & United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Munster
"Bridget Loves Bernie" starred Meredith Baxter and David Birney as a rich Catholic girl who marries a poor Jewish boy and the complications their families cause them.
It was on CBS in 1972-73 on Saturday nights between "All in the Family" and "Mary Tyler Moore". It had the perfect can't miss timeslot. It had very good ratings, yet CBS pulled the plug after one season. I could never understand that!
Many of you probably know that Bridget really did love Bernie because Meredith Baxter and David Birney were married in real life in 1973. I think that marriage lasted until the early 1980's, a heck of a long run compared to this show!

Sony Pictures was set to release the series on DVD in 2006 but changed their mind at the last minute. What a shame. The show had a great supporting cast, too. This show deserves to be seen by a new generation.
C'mon Sony, it's only 25 (or so) episodes. You can release this one anytime now!
Bridgett Loves Bernie was a true gem of 70s television...funny, witty and intelligent.

It was a shocker cancellation too, in that it was a top 10 show (5th I think) but CBS justified the cancellation saying the show couldn't hold on to the massive lead-in that All in the Family provided it.

I also vividly remember all the controversy that the show engendered because it was centred upon the marriage of a Catholic woman and a Jewish man. I think CBS faced a challenge in selling sponsor time for the show.

It would be a real treat to see this series come out on DVD.

I'd also LOVE to see on DVD the early '80s series "United States" starring Mr. Beau Bridges and Miss Helen Shaver that was yanked by NBC after only a handful of episodes had aired. Mr. Larry Gelbart (of M*A*S*H fame) wrote many of the episodes, which were sans-laughtrack and very theatreish in look and feel. It was quite revolutionary for the time, and adultish too (as I remember, NBC had the temerity to schedule the show at 10:30 pm, well out of Family Hour).
Old 06-20-2008, 02:28 AM   #26
70s show watcher

there was a show called the last resort that aired on cbs during the 1979 80 season i really liked it but juding by the ratings most of america didnt
Old 06-30-2008, 01:20 AM   #27
repeatshistory
Forum Regular
Doing my part to make your day

Send a message via Yahoo to repeatshistory

Quote:
Originally Posted by howilu
When Things Were Rotten.

LOVED that show. Also:

Wizards & Warriors
Wonderfalls
Lucky
Keen Eddie
Undeclared
Freaks & Geeks

the list goes on and on and on.....
Old 07-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #28
LizaDaisy
Frequent Poster

Encore!Encore! (Nathan Lane)
Old 07-15-2008, 05:48 AM   #29
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran
Jonah and Amy Forever!

Square Pegs: loved it and I think it would have run longer had CBS not put it against ! I mean it was doing so well, and then they moved it to 830, which was during the second half of !

Don't laugh but... "Ferris Bueller". The reason I loved this show so much is because of Charlie Schlatter (of "Diagnosis Murder"). Jennifer Anniston played his sister (Jeanie).

"Townies". Loved this too, because of Molly Ringwald and it also stared Jenna Elfman.

"Medicine Ball": this was probably my favorite, but I have to admit, it did start getting a little weird toward the end. The first episodes were better. Plus it took place in Seattle, which was cool!

Andrea
Old 07-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #30
Dusty's Fan

Dusty's Trail: Some really funny scenes with Bob Denver.

And I'll add to the list of those who liked Bridget Loves Bernie. It's odd to see "CBS-TV's Smash Hit" at the top of the paperback book that was released, while sadly the series was cancelled after only 24 episodes. I'd really like to have this on DVD.