Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Soaps Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Soaps
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Moesha Returns Daily to BET; NBC Schedules Maya Rudolph Variety-Comedy Special
TV Land Picks Up Hilary Duff, Sutton Foster Sitcom; Episodic Review: New Girl - "Big News" Airing Tonight on Fox
Maude Mother's Day Marathon on Logo; WE tv 2014 Upfront
Week 29 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Simpsons Comes to FXX in Style; New Fox MOD Releases; Welcome Back, Kotter on DVD?
Stephen Colbert to Take Over Late Show on CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 14, 2014)
UP TV 2014 Upfront; TV Land Revives Candid Camera

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Default SOAPnet Acquires Reruns of The O.C. and One Tree Hill Starting April, 2007

SOAPNET ACQUIRES THE O.C. AND ONE TREE HILL, FOR APRIL PREMIERE

Welcome to The O.C..SOAPnet

BURBANK, CA (February 7, 2007) SOAPnet, the new way to watch soaps, has made a deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Cable Distribution to acquire the rights to all four seasons of The O.C. and all four seasons of One Tree Hill, both hit drama series from Warner Bros. Television, Deborah Blackwell, General Manager, SOAPnet, announced today.

The O.C. and One Tree Hill will resonate with our viewers and live perfectly alongside the top five rated daytime soaps and our other acquired primetime dramas, said Blackwell. We continue to enjoy partnering with Warner Bros. to bring our viewers the best in primetime soaps.

We are thrilled to be in business with SOAPnet on both The O.C. and One Tree Hill, two series that have been magnets for the young female demo throughout their four seasons on broadcast television, said Eric Frankel, President, Warner Bros. Domestic Cable Distribution. These shows are a perfect fit for SOAPnet, and we look forward to their premiere and ratings success in April.

The O.C. and One Tree Hill will air Monday-Friday, beginning April 9. The O.C. will air at 6PM, One Tree Hill at 5PM. SOAPnets number 1 acquired soap with women 18-34, Beverly Hills 90210, will lead into both new series at 3PM and 4PM.

A pop-culture phenomenon since its premiere in August 2003 on FOX, The O.C. stars Peter Gallagher, Kelly Rowan, Ben McKenzie, Mischa Barton, Adam Brody, Melinda Clarke, Rachel Bilson, Tate Donovan, Autumn Reeser, Willa Holland, Alan Dale and Chris Carmack. In the series, the lives of a group of friends and families are forever changed by the arrival of an outsider to their affluent oceanside community of Newport Beach in Orange County, California. When Ryan Atwood (McKenzie) was taken in from the streets of Chino by then public defender Sandy Cohen (Gallagher) and his wife, Kirsten (Rowan), the Cohens had no idea how Ryan's arrival would change their lives and the lives of those around them. Their "adorkable" son, Seth (Brody), found a friend and brother in Ryan to share his quirky way of looking at the world and the trials and tribulations of winning the heart of Summer Roberts (Bilson), his lifelong crush. Ryan has fallen in love with the beautiful girl next door, Marissa Cooper (Barton). But their romance is ill-fated, constantly tested by the young lovers' inability to escape from their pasts. From Wonderland Sound and Vision, College Hill Pictures in association with Warner Bros. Television, The O.C. was created by Josh Schwartz and executive produced by McG, Bob DeLaurentis, Schwartz, Stephanie Savage, Dave Bartis and Doug Liman.

A hit series on The CW, One Tree Hill stars Chad Michael Murray, James Lafferty, Hilarie Burton, Bethany Joy Galeotti, Paul Johansson, Sophia Bush, Barbara Alyn Woods, Lee Norris, Barry Corbin, Craig Sheffer and Moira Kelly. In a small North Carolina town, two estranged half brothers carry on very different lives. Basketball prodigy Nathan Scott (Lafferty) has inherited the throne of high school popularity once held by his father, Dan (Johansson), while Lucas Scott (Murray), also a talented player, stays an outsider. Spending nights shooting hoops on a riverfront court, Lucas remains the son Dan never acknowledged. Now, Lucas' and Nathan's paths intersect for the first time, and in the crossroads stands Peyton Sawyer (Burton), Nathan's beautiful, edgy girlfriend who just may have more in common with Lucas. Throw in the quiet animosity between Dan and his brother, Keith (Sheffer), along with Lucas' mother, Karen (Kelly)all of whom must cope with the aftermath of their choices and something has to give. From Tollin/Robbins Productions and Warner Bros. Television, One Tree Hill was created by Mark Schwahn and is executive produced by Schwahn, Greg Prange, Michael Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola and Mark B. Perry.

Claire Zrimc, SVP Program Planning , Scheduling and Acquisitions, SOAPnet facilitated The OC and One Tree Hill acquisitions.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 02-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

TV

Good news... these shows should do well in the ratings on SoapNet.

Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book

The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!
Old 02-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #3
bry
Forum Regular

great..this channel is on the way to becoming the channel it doesn't need to be. airring all the new crap is not the way. this falcon beach is not the way. these shows here is not the way.
what this channel needs to do is get the older episodes of what it shows now, or get the rights to air great shows of the past like dark shadows (is there any other soap with such a huge cult following as DS? nope!!), the edge of night, texas, mary hartman, mary hartman, and such as that. and even some forgotten type shows...not this new crap. hell, that stuff is out of DVD. what this channel needs to be showing is NOT on dvd at every store in the country. if people weant to see the o.c., just go to the store and go get it!!!
idiots!!.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #4
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

What happens to Melrose Place?

I also agree they should be acquiring older shows, though.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #5
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)

Not sure, but I would assume Melrose will air before 90210. Full April schedule should be out soon.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:59 PM   #6
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

Ah, I figured you had it already.

Thanks Pav!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:03 AM   #7
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

this is great news about The OC andOne Tree Hill coming to Soapnet
Old 02-08-2007, 01:11 AM   #8
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!! This is great news!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:12 AM   #9
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

TV

I'm still hoping the channel will acquire the rights to Santa Barbara, but I won't hold my breath...
Old 02-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #10
bry
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sTrivia
I'm still hoping the channel will acquire the rights to Santa Barbara, but I won't hold my breath...

EXACTLY MY POINT!!!!

i never got to see shows like santa barbara, capitol, and such. i was in school then. and when i was home like the summer or holidays, shows like that was on against the other shows i watched like days and y & r. nobody had vcr's when shows like these were on. i missed the whole luke and laura stuff from way back because i was either at school or watching texas. again, no vcrs....
i 'd rather have the doctors, edge of night, or any of the others i listd in my initital post IF I COULD EVER SEE THEM AGAIN....but i can't and SOAPNET is the only source available to have any potential chance to watch any of these.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #11
wew3
Frequent Poster

As someone who likes the OC and One Tree Hill I don't like this. Those shows are easily available to get on DVD. I'd prefer if Soapnet would stick to it's name and just show soaps. I would also like to see some other vintage soaps like the ones mentioned shown. It's not like they show football on the golf channel, so why can't we get soaps on Soapnet?
Old 02-08-2007, 05:17 PM   #12
friendsfan77
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wew3
As someone who likes the OC and One Tree Hill I don't like this. Those shows are easily available to get on DVD. I'd prefer if Soapnet would stick to it's name and just show soaps. I would also like to see some other vintage soaps like the ones mentioned shown. It's not like they show football on the golf channel, so why can't we get soaps on Soapnet?
I agree. I love OTH, but this is not a right fit at all, IMHO. ABC Family or The-N would make perfect sense, especially for a show like OTH. I would rather see SoapNet acquire The Edge of Night, Hotel, The Doctors, or real early episodes of Passions.

Oh well, at least it's not impeding on Another World or Ryan's Hope airings.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:27 PM   #13
angel676

I would love to see SoapNet start airing Sunset Beach. That is one soap opera I miss and would enjoy watching, as well as taping!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #14
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

DALLAS better remain in the line-up...if it doesn't, I will be pissed.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:35 PM   #15
Chuck89
Frequent Poster

More primetime dramas? SOAPnet needs more classic daytime soaps!
As long as SOAPnet keeps Another World and Ryan's Hope.
Hopefully no shows will be leaving to make room for these two shows. Do they really need 2 episodes of BH90210?