Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > Dallas (1978-1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-30-2007, 11:33 PM   #1
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ
Default Dallas - The Complete Sixth Season DVD Review

As J.R. would say "Darlin', this here is Dallas!" and with those words we begin our review of the sixth season of the massive hit primetime soap opera, DALLAS. The series ran for a whopping 14 seasons, airing in the late 1970s, the entire 1980s and into the early 1990s. The series stars, in alphabetical order, Barbara Bel Geddes as matriarch Miss Ellie Ewing, Patrick Duffy as Bobby Ewing, Linda Gray as Sue Ellen Ewing, Larry Hagman as J.R. Ewing, Susan Howard as Donna Culver Krebbs, Steve Kanaly as Ray Krebbs, Ken Kercheval as Cliff Barnes, Victoria Principal as Pamela Barnes Ewing and Charlene Tilton as Lucy Ewing.

Read our review here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/dallass...dvdreview.html

Post any questions or comments about this set.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
Edster2973
Forum Regular

Thanks for the review. I am almost done with the set myself. I just have "Ewing Inferno" and the DVD extra to get through, but I must say I am alarmed that no one else has commented on the set. Did no one else purchase Season 6? I hope this doesn't indicate a slow, steady decline in sales because if that happens, it may put a halt to the release of the later seasons on DVD. So come on folks. Buy Season 6 and show WB that we want more seasons of DALLAS to come out...

Ed
Old 02-17-2007, 11:02 PM   #3
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

I am a huge DALLAS fan. I only have season five. I want to get the rest. I am currently enjoying watching it on Soapnet. I have seen DALLAS in syndication many, many, many times. I have been a fan since it aired in 1978.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:52 PM   #4
Skywalker
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster2973
Thanks for the review. I am almost done with the set myself. I just have "Ewing Inferno" and the DVD extra to get through, but I must say I am alarmed that no one else has commented on the set. Did no one else purchase Season 6? I hope this doesn't indicate a slow, steady decline in sales because if that happens, it may put a halt to the release of the later seasons on DVD. So come on folks. Buy Season 6 and show WB that we want more seasons of DALLAS to come out...

Ed

I bought Season 6 a couple of weeks ago and finished it last week. I got into the show through the dvds and I have every season they've released on dvd so far. Out of all of them, Season 6 is my favorite. The storyline with J.R. and Bobby fighting over Ewing Oil was great. "Ewing Inferno" is my favorite episode but just about every single episode from that season was a classic. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Season 7 already.

The only problem I've had with the Dallas dvds is that they're double sided. It's only a minor problem to me though and I guess the sets would cost more if the discs were single sided cause you'd probably have 9-10 discs with each season set.

I thought the bonus feature on the Season 6 set was ok. I just wish it had been longer.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:04 PM   #5
Edster2973
Forum Regular

I'm just a little nervous that not as many sets are selling as they should. I remember before Season 1&2 came out, fans kept hemming and hollering for DVD sets to come out. I'm glad we've got up to Season 6 thus far, but if sales start to drop, the releases won't become as frequent and will eventually cease. I don't know if it's realistic to hope for the entire series, but if not I definitely want as much as possible. So please people. If you're a fan and you want more releases, do your part and buy Season 6.

We don't want to end with the "Ewing Inferno", do we?

Ed