Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-19-2008, 02:41 AM   #31
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

"THE JACK BENNY SHOW" ran for a LONG, LONG time, if you count it's run on radio and TV. Not sure how long, though, but that show wasn't exactly a sitcom. It was a sitcom/variety show, a straight sitcom, or a straight variety show.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 09-06-2014, 10:29 PM   #32
Alan Brady's Hair

Bumping this thread from 2008 to see if the list of sitcoms that have lasted 100 or more episodes have been updated anywhere?

Edit: Also, it's an ancient thread, but it ptobably belongs under General Discussion instead of spinoffs.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:36 PM   #33
Cyrax
Frequent Poster

Could we please have an updated list? It would be really amazing if someone broke it down to the 4 networks as well!
Old 12-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #34
Cyrax
Frequent Poster

Anyone? Still curious about the list.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:52 PM   #35
ILuvCarolBurnett
Forum Regular

Wow...Ozzie and Harriet the longest running sitcom still?? I remember watching reruns of that show on CBN in the 1980s (Pat Robertson's network) and thinking it was painfully dull. Lethargic and lifeless. I watched just to see Ricky Nelson hit puberty.

The Beverly Hillbillies was such a great show, but it ran way too long. I think after the 4th or 5th season it was done (it ran for 9 seasons).
Old 07-17-2016, 08:34 AM   #36
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

I suppose one could list shows that are not on CBS, NBS or ABC that have been on a long time. As I say someone could, not me don't have the pep to research.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:04 AM   #37
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderxine
There are many long running sitcoms in the USA but did you know the worlds longest running live action tv sitcom is called "Last of the summer wine" and is situated in Yorkshire, England.
The show's pilot was broadcast in early 1973 with the first series starting that autumn. The series continues to this day with the show's 29th series, coming soon in 2008.

Its 31st and final season was in 2010. (295 episodes)

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 08-13-2016, 04:01 PM   #38
PhoenixAcres
Happy Fall

I'll reiterate what Alan Brady's Hair said earlier, and question whether this thread belongs in the short-lived sitcoms forum. (Can moderators move threads by any chance?) But nonetheless...

If anyone is still looking for an updated longest-running series by episode count list, this should likely answer your questions:

List of television programs by episode count

It's from Wikipedia, but it appears to be reasonably accurate. It includes not only sitcoms, but dramas, variety and game shows, and even soap operas. All series in the history of TV which have produced 150 or more episodes are supposedly on the list.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:25 PM   #39
um
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCarolBurnett
Wow...Ozzie and Harriet the longest running sitcom still?? I remember watching reruns of that show on CBN in the 1980s (Pat Robertson's network) and thinking it was painfully dull. Lethargic and lifeless. I watched just to see Ricky Nelson hit puberty.

The Beverly Hillbillies was such a great show, but it ran way too long. I think after the 4th or 5th season it was done (it ran for 9 seasons).

I heard of Ozzie And Harriet but I don't recall actually watching it, even in re-runs. It was well before my time , I guess.
Still I saw some episode clips on TV. It did seem like an old, lifeless TV show.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:42 PM   #40
RetroTVNitekatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
"THE JACK BENNY SHOW" ran for a LONG, LONG time, if you count it's run on radio and TV. Not sure how long, though, but that show wasn't exactly a sitcom. It was a sitcom/variety show, a straight sitcom, or a straight variety show.

Jack's first radio show was in 1932, it can be considered the direct successor to what became The Jack Benny Program on Radio and TV. His last weekly TV episode was in 1965. The only small gaps being jumps back and forth between NBC and CBS a couple of times on Radio and TV. So he was never "canceled" just breaks.

In 1965 he started a series of twice-yearly hour specials for NBC that did well (Although they did self-sponsor at least one with RCA Television) and was in pre-production on his "Third Farewell Special" when he died. (Draft script still exists)