Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty
Two and a Half Men Heads to Nick at Nite; WE tv Acquires Criminal Minds

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-12-2002, 03:30 PM   #46
Stormtracker TF
Forum Idol

The Powers That Be (1992? - 1993?)
Tabitha (1977)
Joanie Loves Chachi. (1982)
Old 02-09-2003, 12:33 PM   #47
AITF & ABP ROCK!!
Frequent Poster

These are my choices:

1) Archie Bunker's Place: CBS - 1979 to 1983

CBS could have gave us another season of ABP, but no they thought the time was right to end it. Not even a finale was made!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Gloria: CBS - 1982 to 1983

I remember watching this show in syndication a long time ago and I thought it was good show. It was cancelled only because Archie Bunker's Place was cancelled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Just The Ten Of Us: ABC - 1988 to 1990

I used to watch this show all the time. I think it could have gone on for another 2 seasons.

4) The Powers That Be: NBC - 1992 to 1993

This was one of the funniest shows I ever watched when I was little. This definately could have ran for at least five seasons.

5) The Golden Palace: CBS - 1992 to 1993

This was an okay show, but it could never have lived up to The Golden Girls, but it could have ran longer in my opinion.

Attached Images

Old 02-09-2003, 12:34 PM   #48
AITF & ABP ROCK!!
Frequent Poster

These are my choices:

CBS could have gave us another season of ABP, but no they thought the time was right to end it. Not even a finale was made!!!

I remember watching this show in syndication a long time ago and I thought it was good show. It was cancelled only because Archie Bunker's Place was cancelled.

I used to watch this show all the time. I think it could have gone on for another 2 seasons.

This was one of the funniest shows I ever watched when I was little. This definately could have ran for at least five seasons.

This was an okay show, but it could never have lived up to The Golden Girls, but it could have ran longer in my opinion.

Attached Images

Old 02-09-2003, 12:35 PM   #49
AITF & ABP ROCK!!
Frequent Poster

These are my choices:

Old 02-09-2003, 12:35 PM   #50
AITF & ABP ROCK!!
Frequent Poster

These are my choices:

Attached Images

Old 02-09-2003, 01:56 PM   #51
mister bluster
Frequent Poster

I just started watching 3rd Rock in syndication, and I agree, they could have gotten a lot more situations out of it. That Dick was hilarious.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:37 PM   #52
ficlopri
Forum Regular

1)Best of the West 1981-82

2)Gloria 1982-83

3)Square pegs 1982-83

4)The Munsters 1964-66
Old 02-10-2003, 09:52 PM   #53
ficlopri
Forum Regular

Bluster, tell you the truth I was thrilled to see Third Rock get the ax (despite my strong fondness for Sally). I hated the way the public accepted that show after they spit on Mork and Mindy just 15 years earlier as being farfetched and stupid. We have no encountered no high, inteligent life forms in the universe between the time M+M was cancelled and Third Rock began. Just to be completely fair they did find super primitive life on Mars in '96 but it was so primitive it gave Third Rock a lousy 1% credibility bit over Mork. Not much at all and hardly worth considering. An injustice by viewers was indeed done with TRFTS.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:07 PM   #54
Tuesday Weld
Forum Veteran
I missed you all. *hugs*

I liked "Daddy Dearest",but it didn't last long at all

Formerly musicrocksmyworld, ElvisDustyfan and vintagetvgirl.

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager."
- William S. Burroughs
Old 02-11-2003, 12:46 AM   #55
mister bluster
Frequent Poster

I LOVED Mork and Mindy and still do, especially when Mork laid the egg and hatched Jonathan Winters. I didn't figure either show was supposed to be realistic, just screwball, sci-fi comedy, and I love screwball comedy. I know that fungus or whatever it was they found on Mars didn't amount to a hill of beans. If there is anything like people anywhere besides earth, I'm sure it's not in our solar system. It's just fun stuff to imagine.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:46 AM   #56
Cashodeen
Forum Veteran
Hi.

I can only come up with a couple now. I know many shows that only lasted 1 or 2 seasons should have ran longer, and many of you mentioned some great ones. Personally, I think St. Elsewhere could have gone longer. It did run for 6 seasons, but supposedly it was axed, not because of ratings (because the ratings were never great to begin with), but because of a demand for more money. Sucks. I would have liked to see at least 1 more year.

And I wish more episodes of Mama's Family were made to be aired on NBC. It only had 30 some episodes on the network before it went into syndication a year later, and I don't care for those episodes nearly as well. (Betty White and Rue McClanahan, who were on the original went to Golden Girls a year later, so any further episodes made for NBC with them would have only lasted another season, but that would have been better than nothing.)
Old 02-18-2003, 07:30 PM   #57
David
Forum Celebrity
mcphee.

I think...

The Ropers should've lasted longer...

v. 39 - katharine and chris

elliott, you rock.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:00 PM   #58
shadowgirl
Occasional Poster

Default i had a few i wish lasted longer...

1. homefront
2. a year in the life
3. cosby...or any spinoff therein...
4. relativity
5. felicity
Old 02-19-2003, 02:20 PM   #59
Maras
Frequent Poster

Maybe It's Me [2001-2002]
Old 02-24-2015, 10:24 PM   #60
danderson400
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack
1)I'll Fly Away (1991-93,NBC)
2)Brooklyn Bridge (1991-93,CBS)
3)Freaks and Geeks (1999-2000,NBC)
4)Against the Grain (1993,NBC)
5)Homefront (1991-93,ABC)
6)Equal Justice (1990-91,ABC)
7)Brother's Keeper (1998-99,ABC)
8)Civil Wars (1991-93,ABC)
9)China Beach (1988-91,ABC)
10)Shannon's Deal (1990-91,NBC)
11)Parenthood (1990,NBC)
12)Gideon's Crossing (2000-01,ABC)

[This message has been edited by zack (edited 08-30-2001).]
"On Scene Emergency Response"(Syndicated 1990-94)
"China Beach" (1988-91 ABC)
"American Gladiators"(Sydnciated 1989-97)