Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Laverne & Shirley links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Laverne & Shirley Photo Gallery

Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Laverne & Shirley
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-13-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
studd911

Question LAVERNE&SHIRLEY SEASON 2 DVD BOXSET

Hey i was just thining to myself knowing that both HD and L&S dvd season 2 will be coming out in April i think like the mork and mindy first comeplete boxset which contained 23 or whatever episodes it has will be in a bigger boxset, i no that both HD and L&S second season has a total of 23 episodes, and knowing that both series will have four disc that will be hott i a praying that as a bonues features that they will have the unaired pilot of laverne and shirley living in the fonz apartment, and on HD2 a bonues of the Happy Days pilot Love American style i hop paramount will put those in as a bonues features and i think that they will sell, if i an not mistaken i think the company who owns threes company did as a bonues features on season 2 the three unaired pilots hey we will never now will we
Old 12-13-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
Robert 13

I'd like to see the pilot of Laverne & Shirley on the dvd set.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
vernie_defazio
Frequent Poster
Emily

Send a message via AIM to vernie_defazio
Default It's Official!

Well - it's official. The second season of Laverne & Shirley will infact be released on April 17th!

To pre-order, or find out more about the set, here's the amazon.com link:

http://www.amazon.com/Laverne-Shirle...310598-5700105
Old 01-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
tiff7
wdwdisneylandnut4life

Send a message via AIM to tiff7 Send a message via Yahoo to tiff7

It's about time! They need 2 put HD/L&S on iTunes.

http://www.myspace.com/wdwdancetwirlnut
http://www.twitter.com/wdwdisneyland7
Tiff Prendergast on Facebook
http://www.youtube.com/svhwdwnut
Old 01-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #5
wayman
Frequent Poster

I know this isn't anything official and I don't know how reliable it is, but last night, I was looking at the Laverne and Shirley profile on the website www.wikipedia.org and it said Season 3 of 'Laverne and Shirley' is to be released on Sept. 18, 2007. I was curious about 'Happy Days' and 'Mork and Mindy,' so I looked at their profiles, and they also said their third seasons were to be released on that day. Again, I know this isn't anything official, but I found it interesting.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #6
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

never trust ANYTHING on wikipedia - ANYONE can put stuff in there
Old 01-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #7
tiff7
wdwdisneylandnut4life

Send a message via AIM to tiff7 Send a message via Yahoo to tiff7

I hope it's true! Maybe they should add L&S to iTunes
Old 01-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #8
Robert 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayman
I know this isn't anything official and I don't know how reliable it is, but last night, I was looking at the Laverne and Shirley profile on the website www.wikipedia.org and it said Season 3 of 'Laverne and Shirley' is to be released on Sept. 18, 2007. I was curious about 'Happy Days' and 'Mork and Mindy,' so I looked at their profiles, and they also said their third seasons were to be released on that day. Again, I know this isn't anything official, but I found it interesting.

That would be fantastic! That would be less than 6 months though which seems unlikely. Plus it lists the date as September 17th and that's a Monday. Usually, new releases come out on Tuesday. But I would love to see it happen. Season 3 is probably my favorite season. It has The Dentist and The Slow Child, 2 of my favorite episodes.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:58 AM   #9
santaburger
Frequent Poster
BooBooKitty :)

Send a message via AIM to santaburger

Yeah, I saw that wikipedia S3 listing today and wondered if there was any truth to that....
Old 04-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #10
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Well, looks like CBS DVD has struck again.

Happy Days Season 2 does NOT have "Rock Around the Clock" theme, it is replaced by the "Happy Days" theme that starts in Season 3. Also, the back of the box says "Music has been changed for this home entertainment version."

The Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy sets are also altered. For them the back of the box says: "Some music has been changed for this home entertainment version."

We at SitcomsOnline will try to investigate what is missing in our reviews of each.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 04-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #11
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Well, looks like CBS DVD has struck again.

Happy Days Season 2 does NOT have "Rock Around the Clock" theme, it is replaced by the "Happy Days" theme that starts in Season 3. Also, the back of the box says "Music has been changed for this home entertainment version."

The Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy sets are also altered. For them the back of the box says: "Some music has been changed for this home entertainment version."

We at SitcomsOnline will try to investigate what is missing in our reviews of each.

I would be very interested in knowing how that would look on the DVD. to see the RATC opening footage with the other theme. I'm so used to seeing the Record Player Opening with the Season 3 and After theme.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:55 AM   #12
Robert 13

Please tell me they didn't do the same for Laverne & Shirley's opening. That would be so dumb. Hopefully, they are minor changes that we may not even recognize. For announcing this release so far away from the release date, I would have thought they would have cleared all music rights. Didn't someone post that they had a conversation with someone at Paramount who confirmed that all music rights had been secured? I'm eager for Pav's review.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:15 PM   #13
BigDealLucille
Occasional Poster

After looking forward to the release of L&S's second season on DVD for so long, I am very disappointed in it. Their first season was released as the "complete first season." The key word there is "complete." And that's what every other TV show on the planet is being released as -- complete. Otherwise, why bother? If I go to the trouble and expense of purchasing a favorite TV show on DVD, I expect it to be complete and unedited from its original condition. So now Paramount and CBS are expecting L&S's fans (as well as Happy Days' fans and Mork and Mindy's fans) to accept a stripped down version with strange, unrecognizable music in the background. I mean, it might as well have been taped off of TV Land or something! So I'm more than disappointed, I'm furious! This is an outrage!

Take the episode "The Bridal Shower" for example. The original (which can be seen in syndication) has Carmine singing at the Pizza Bowl at the beginning but the episode that's in the new second season DVD set skips over that scene completely and begins with what happens immediately after Carmine is finished singing. That is editing that I do not wish to see in the L&S episodes that I have longed to see unedited for so long! Plus, later on in that same episode when L&S attend the bridal shower at Rosie's apartment, the original music of Johnny Mathis and other recognizable '50's type music has been changed to uncognizable elevator type music that is very distracting. And it's distracting so much that it actually takes away from the scenes. I find myself listening to the music (trying to figure out what it is) instead of listening to the dialogue. And sometimes the music is even louder than the dialogue which is even more distracting! I've only watched a couple of episodes so far in the new second season set but what I've seen I don't like one bit. What I would like to do is write Paramount and/or CBS and tell them if they can't present L&S to the buying public in complete seasons, don't do it at all. Because, to me, the whole point of purchasing TV shows on DVD is seeing them complete and unedited as they were originally broadcast. What I'm afraid of now is that Paramount/CBS may have set a precedent for all other companies to release TV shows just as edited and chopped up as they want them to be and, we, the buying public, will just have to put up with it. Also, the new packaging for L&S's second season is very cheap looking plastic with the discs just thrown together in the same area. Their first season was in a much better looking slip case with each disc secured in its own containter. And that season was complete! So that first season was how each of L&S's seasons should have been presented to the buying public! Not this cheap, stripped down version that I'm not even interested in anymore! So attention Paramount/CBS: Either do it right or don't do it at all!
Old 04-23-2007, 05:48 PM   #14
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDealLucille
After looking forward to the release of L&S's second season on DVD for so long, I am very disappointed in it. Their first season was released as the "complete first season." The key word there is "complete." And that's what every other TV show on the planet is being released as -- complete. Otherwise, why bother? If I go to the trouble and expense of purchasing a favorite TV show on DVD, I expect it to be complete and unedited from its original condition. So now Paramount and CBS are expecting L&S's fans (as well as Happy Days' fans and Mork and Mindy's fans) to accept a stripped down version with strange, unrecognizable music in the background. I mean, it might as well have been taped off of TV Land or something! So I'm more than disappointed, I'm furious! This is an outrage!

Take the episode "The Bridal Shower" for example. The original (which can be seen in syndication) has Carmine singing at the Pizza Bowl at the beginning but the episode that's in the new second season DVD set skips over that scene completely and begins with what happens immediately after Carmine is finished singing. That is editing that I do not wish to see in the L&S episodes that I have longed to see unedited for so long! Plus, later on in that same episode when L&S attend the bridal shower at Rosie's apartment, the original music of Johnny Mathis and other recognizable '50's type music has been changed to uncognizable elevator type music that is very distracting. And it's distracting so much that it actually takes away from the scenes. I find myself listening to the music (trying to figure out what it is) instead of listening to the dialogue. And sometimes the music is even louder than the dialogue which is even more distracting! I've only watched a couple of episodes so far in the new second season set but what I've seen I don't like one bit. What I would like to do is write Paramount and/or CBS and tell them if they can't present L&S to the buying public in complete seasons, don't do it at all. Because, to me, the whole point of purchasing TV shows on DVD is seeing them complete and unedited as they were originally broadcast. What I'm afraid of now is that Paramount/CBS may have set a precedent for all other companies to release TV shows just as edited and chopped up as they want them to be and, we, the buying public, will just have to put up with it. Also, the new packaging for L&S's second season is very cheap looking plastic with the discs just thrown together in the same area. Their first season was in a much better looking slip case with each disc secured in its own containter. And that season was complete! So that first season was how each of L&S's seasons should have been presented to the buying public! Not this cheap, stripped down version that I'm not even interested in anymore! So attention Paramount/CBS: Either do it right or don't do it at all!

Cut scenes on a DVD is always unaccepable, sorry that you Wasted your money. If I was you I would just throw the sh*t in the trash. Especially since you mention that the episode cut out something TV Land didn't
Old 04-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #15
Edster2973
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDealLucille
So I'm more than disappointed, I'm furious! This is an outrage!

So attention Paramount/CBS: Either do it right or don't do it at all!

Whoa, chill out for a sec! There are reasons why they did what they did. I wish to refer you to a thread in the Happy Days forum, since a lot of discussion has been going on and I have no desire to re-type any of it:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=198956

After reading this, you may still not agree it was a good investment, and that's entirely your perogative, but you'll at least understand why Paramount did what they did. It wasn't to be lazy or mean. Their hands were more or less tied in this.

Read on friend, especially my responses since some of the other posts are just people complaining. The ones that weren't I quoted in my responses. That should tell all...

Ed