Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

The Goldbergs Coming to TV Land; grown-ish Returns in January on Freeform
South Park 8 Day Marathon on Comedy Central; Classic Adult Swim Comedy Returns with Special
NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Orders Script for Designing Women Reboot; James Marsden and Ed Asner Cast in Netflix Series
Fri-Yay: A Look at the Upcoming Sitcom Slate; TV Guide's 1st Annual 100 Best Shows List
Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Cast Has Sitcom Stars; The Young Sheldon STEM Initiative

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Jodie Sweetin, Mayim Bialek, Danica McKellar on ABC's 20/20 on Friday, Nov. 24 at 10p

LIFE AFTER…

CELEBRITIES AND THEIR SECOND ACTS, ON ABC NEWS’ “20/20,” FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 24

NFL Star Emmitt Smith, Stephen Baldwin, Jodie Sweetin (“Full House”), Jamie Lynn Sigler (“The Sopranos”), Mayim Bialek (“Blossom”) and Danica McKellar (“The Wonder Years”)

An NFL legend who became a dance star, a partying star who turned his sins into salvation, a former child star who beat a drug addiction, a star on the rise whose weight was falling and two former child stars who shine brightly away from the camera lights… Their stories may be very different, but they all have one thing in common: They have all been transformed, and in some cases redeemed, in their seconds acts of life. A cast of stars and “Life After…” airs on “20/20,” FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 24 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Reports include: Life After… Being a Professional Athlete: People are now getting their first glimpse of what Emmitt Smith is thinking in his second life – and of the master plan behind it. Last week Smith, who is 37, and his partner, Cheryl Burke, won “Dancing with the Stars.” When the show began, the question was obvious: Why is a man who made history as the all-time leading rusher in the NFL taking on this challenge that could refashion his image? Smith talks to Bob Brown about his grand plan and how it’s coming to fruition. “I wouldn't classify it as genius, but strategically it was the right move,” Smith tells Brown. “It helped me transition from the game and gain a whole, totally different audience… Now that I'm in business, this is a great branding opportunity for Emmitt Smith the brand. Football was great. Business is even better… Football was one vehicle to take me to one end of the road, but I'm tryin’ to make it to the other end.”

Life After… Sin: Chris Connelly reports on born-again bible boosters like Stephen Bladwin, who found stardom in 1995’s “The Usual Suspects.” Not too long ago he was living the high life, enjoying his celebrity. Today he drives around the country as a new-school evangelist. How did he go from being a party boy to a hard core Christian with his own ministry called “Livin’ It,” and has his fun- loving attitude changed? “Moving out of a Hollywood lifestyle into a born again Christian lifestyle and wanting to have an impact in that regard, I wasn't going to do it, unless I was going to have fun,” Baldwin says. “I want to be Billy Graham with biceps.” Connelly also talks to a former Las Vegas stripper turned evangelist who takes her message to her old stomping grounds to help sex-industry workers find salvation.

Life After… Addiction: At the young age of five, Jodie Sweetin became a child star on the hit television show “Full House.” But at 13, after the show was cancelled, her exciting life as a child star ended too. In an effort to fit in at high school, she casually used drugs and, by the age of 20, was a hard- core crystal meth user. In a candid interview, Sweetin tells Deborah Roberts why she turned to drugs, how she hid her addiction from her family, including her police officer husband, and how she has managed to stay clean and sober for nearly two years. Sweetin says facing the end of the last season of “Full House” was “tough.” “I just remember thinking, okay, now what do I do? I mean it was sort of like a mid-life crisis at age 13.” About her stint in rehab, Sweetin tells Roberts: “For me, I have learned that it’s never too late to make a different choice,” she adds. Sweetin also talks about her life now – and how she has turned to reality TV as a road back to stardom.

Life After… An Eating Disorder: Anorexia can be a deadly form of mental illness, as evidenced by the recent fate of two models who died. And yet, on runways and red carpets, the parade of shockingly thin celebrities continues. Actress Jamie Lynn Sigler, mafia princess Meadow on the HBO hit “The Sopranos,” shares her story of anorexia and the battle to beat it. “I’m in an industry where I’m in constant competition. You’ve gotta be at the top of your game,” she tells “20/20.” “My life was consumed with worrying about burning every single calorie… and I really just said, why can’t I be normal? Why can’t I be happy? I have everything, I just don’t understand.” JuJu Chang reports. Chang also talks to high fashion model Crystal Renn, who almost starved herself to death for her job and now has a thriving career as a size 12 model.

Life After… Being a Child Star: Not every child star ends up in rehab, or washed up, or in jail. As Don Dahler reports, there can be life after acting success, and two of the biggest sitcom stars of the nineties are perfect examples – “Blossom’s” Mayim Bialek, who is completing her PhD in neuroscience, and Danica McKellar, “The Wonder Years’” Winnie Cooper, who became a published mathematician. “I’ve had professors say, how could you give up the money, how could you give up the fame, how could you give up the prestige? I believe strongly in following your path and being creative in your life and listening to what your soul wants to do,” Bialek tells Dahler. McKellar, who helped solve a physics problem that will forever bear her name, the Chayes-McKellar-Winn theorem, says: “I recognized that I had a very privileged place, but I didn’t think that it made me better than other people… it’s a real challenge to be able to reinvent yourself, to find that you’re not just resting on your laurels… but you’re actually still a person who’s alive and growing and doing things that matter.”

“20/20” is anchored by Elizabeth Vargas and John Stossel. David Sloan is the executive producer.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
comedyfreak
Cheers!
Forum Veteran

Sounds interesting....
Old 11-24-2006, 01:36 AM   #3
EighteenMinutes
It's comin' around.
Forum Regular

The Chayes-McKellar-Winn theorem?

Interesting.
EighteenMinutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:23 AM   #4
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

I'm definetly tuning in!!!
Old 11-25-2006, 11:55 AM   #5
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

I saw the inviewer with Jodie Sweetin it was good to see Jodie Sweetin on TV even if it was just a few mintuesis her VH1 Show still on the air
Old 11-25-2006, 12:08 PM   #6
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

I saw the show at my sister's house and my niece was shocked because she didn't know who Mayim was. My niece graduated from UCLA this past summer and she had seen Mayim on campus but never knew she was a former actress...she was really shocked because she talked with her once in a classroom!!!!!!!! My niece didn't know Mayim except only for the movie BEACHES and of course, Mayim is waaaay older than she was than in that movie.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:20 PM   #7
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

I knew Mayim from Blossom
Scoobiedoo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #8
myjoni111
First Time Poster

Danica Mckellar has the same body and face as when she was on the show. laugh

Don't get me wrong- she is very hot but I would feel like I was with a little girl- and I think we are the same age. ???

myjoni111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #9
JT

How many times do they feel they have to give people updates on the same fricken people? Almost every "Where are they now?" special focuses on the same group of people.
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:13 AM   #10
Schmoopie
Want to be a dreamer? Be one..
Forum Veteran

Madderest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
How many times do they feel they have to give people updates on the same fricken people? Almost every "Where are they now?" special focuses on the same group of people.
OMG, that is SO true! I am sick of hearing about Jodie Sweetin! Once was interesting, but not anymore! I'm glad she kicked her habit, but it would be nice to hear about child stars who didn't screw up their lives five years after their careers ended!
Schmoopie is offline   Reply With Quote