Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Three's Company (Sitcoms Online) / PB's Three's Company Page: Jack's Bistro / Three's Company links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Three's Company Photo Gallery

Three's Company - Season 1

Buy Three's Company - Season 1 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 2

Buy Three's Company - Season 2 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 3

Buy Three's Company - Season 3 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 4

Buy Three's Company - Season 4 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 5

Buy Three's Company - Season 5 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 6

Buy Three's Company - Season 6 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 7

Buy Three's Company - Season 7 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 8

Buy Three's Company - Season 8 on DVD
Three's Company - Capturing the Laughter - Jack's Favroties

Buy Three's Company - Capturing the Laughter - Jack's Favorites on DVD
Three's Company - Capturing the Laughter - Janet's Favroties

Buy Three's Company - Capturing the Laughter - Janet's Favorites on DVD
Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection

Buy Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Three's Company
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-17-2006, 12:57 AM   #1
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Three's Company: Capturing the Laughter DVDs: Jack's Favorites & Janet's Favorites

Here is the official thread for these two DVD sets coming Jan. 30. Please visit my Three's Company website for complete details.
Buy the Jack set: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../threescompany

Three's Company: Capturing the Laughter - Jack's Episodes
Release Date: 1/30/2007
Length: 125 mins
MSRP: $9.98

Synopsis
He remains, quite simply, one of the best and most beloved characters in television sitcom history. In these five full- length episodes from among the late, great John Ritter’s favorites, this is Jack Tripper at his absolute fall-down funniest ever!

Episodes:
DOWNHILL CHASER – Jack has showed stunning Inga into believing that he’s a champion skier. One problem: Jack has no idea how to ski!
URBAN PLOWBOY – There’s a bumper crop of trouble coming when Jack must hide from an angry fiancé at Cindy’s aunt’s farm.
BABY, IT’S COLD INSIDE – Jack confesses all to Mr. Furley when a robber locks them both inside the freezer.
UP IN THE AIR – Jack’s first flight, a handful of tranquilizers and an invigorating cocktail all lead to an embarrassing night at a stuffy party.
CUPID WORKS OVERTIME – In one of the series’ final episodes, Jack meets and falls in love with stewardess Vicky Bradford.

* BONUS: A TRIBUTE TO JOHN RITTER: WORKING WITH A MASTER – Nancy Morgan Ritter and director Dave Powers remember John Ritter’s greatest moments, favorite guest stars and much more.

Three's Company: Capturing the Laughter - Janet's Episodes
Release Date: 5/1/2007
Length: 150 mins
MSRP: $9.98

Synopsis:
In these six episodes chosen by Joyce DeWitt herself, Janet and her roommates get mixed up in a hilarious series of mistaken identities, insane misunderstandings, outrageous romances, tattooed rear-ends and much more!

Episodes:
THE CASE OF THE MISSING BLONDE – Janet and Jack follow a trail of crazy clues when they think Cindy has met with foul play.
TWO FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO’S NEST – The roommates mistake Terri’s friend (guest star Jeffrey Tambor) for an escaped mental patient.
CHRISSY’S HOSPITALITY – Janet and Jack think the worst when they see Chrissy’s doctor crying outside her hospital room.
JANET’S SECRET – Janet has told her parents that she and Jack are married. Now what will she do when they arrive for a surprise visit?
JACK’S TATTOO – When Jack heads to the hospital to have his tattoo removed, Janet thinks he is getting a vasectomy.
BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO – Mr. Furley informs Janet and Jack that Terri’s date is actually a convicted murderer.
Attached Images

SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan : 03-10-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...rting-nov.html
Old 11-22-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
DVDFreaker
Banned!!
Banned

Cool but I won't be buying it since the episodes is in the box sets anyway which I already have all the box sets
Old 11-23-2006, 04:40 AM   #4
Danisel331
Kisses for my fans!

Send a message via AIM to Danisel331 Send a message via MSN to Danisel331

I don't mean to complain or anything, but the cover art doesn't make much sense to me. The cover art shows John in several different shows which is nice, but I noticed that all the pictures are from shows with "Chrissy" and if you notice, none of the shows included, which we were told were supposed to have been John Ritter's favorites, none of them have "Chrissy". "Downhill Chaser" is right after she left, "Urban Plowboy" has "Cindy" and "Terri", and all of the others all have "Terri". So, shouldn't "Terri and "Cindy" be included in the pictures?
You gave us Heaven on Earth for a week
Old 12-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
I Love John Ritter
Miss ya, John

That's cool that they're adding that bonus. I'll probably get this set.

Johnathan Southworth Ritter
September 17, 1948 - September 11, 2003
Five years without you.

Don Knotts
July 21, 1924 - February 24, 2006.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #6
Chain Gang Member
1st Female Triple Crown Champ

WHy are they having these DVDs anyway?It's a waist of money and time.If they made a new DVD for Three's Company,it should be The Ropers and Three's A Crowd.Not any of these "Best Of" DVDs.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #7
JackTripper258
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to JackTripper258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danisel331
I don't mean to complain or anything, but the cover art doesn't make much sense to me. The cover art shows John in several different shows which is nice, but I noticed that all the pictures are from shows with "Chrissy" and if you notice, none of the shows included, which we were told were supposed to have been John Ritter's favorites, none of them have "Chrissy". "Downhill Chaser" is right after she left, "Urban Plowboy" has "Cindy" and "Terri", and all of the others all have "Terri". So, shouldn't "Terri and "Cindy" be included in the pictures?

I think maybe they have the older episodes on there b/c it makes him look younger. Like the 'Real' Jack Tripper..if that makes any sense. Kinda like my picture on here <<<<<
Old 01-05-2007, 01:20 AM   #8
WhatIsItMan
Occasional Poster
What IS it man???!!!

I'll probably get this, but I'd rather have the Ropers or Three's A Crowd.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #9
Chain Gang Member
1st Female Triple Crown Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatIsItMan
I'll probably get this, but I'd rather have the Ropers or Three's A Crowd.
Exactly.These DVDs of the characters' favorite episode is stupid!
Old 01-20-2007, 01:24 AM   #10
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ

Jack Tripper is among the best sitcom characters of all-time and now he has his own DVD set! Now Anchor Bay Entertainment will release five classic Three's Company episodes that will be 'capturing the laughter' of Jack Tripper on DVD. These five episodes are among John Ritter's personal favorite episodes and are all laugh-out-loud funny.

Read our review of Jack's Favorites here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/threesc...dvdreview.html

Post any questions or comments about this set.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:54 AM   #11
WhatIsItMan
Occasional Poster
What IS it man???!!!

Thumbs down

I changed my mind.

I'm not going to buy this.

Release "The Ropers" and "Three's A Crowd"!!!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #12
freshprinceofLA
The Bosses

Send a message via AIM to freshprinceofLA

a waste of $$$$$!
#2 Three's Company
#3 Moonlighting

RELEASE ALL SEASONS OF WHO'S THE BOSS? ON DVD

Watch ION at 9:00 to 10:00

I <3 SAMANTHA!
RAIDERS SUCK

R.I.P. PAC & BIG we miss yall
Old 01-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #13
Subspace
Frequent Poster
The Miracle Worker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshprinceofLA
a waste of $$$$$!

Unless you're a somewhat extremely fanatical Three's Company fan obsessed with collecting anything and everything having to do with Three's Company, there's really no point in buying this set if you already own Seasons 5-8 of Three's Company on DVD. All of the material in this set - the episodes, as well as the bonus material - can be found on the Season 5-8 DVDs of Three's Company. (Interestingly enough, there is NO material from Seasons 1-4 of Three's Company in this new release. (The new compilation does not include any bonus material from the Season 1-4 DVDs either.) Perhaps due to lingering resentment against Suzanne Somers? There are no Suzanne episodes at all in this compilation; the 'earliest' episode is from post-Suzanne Season 5. Paradoxically though, the cover art features stills taken from Season 1-4 Suzanne episodes - episodes which aren't included in the compilation.)

Now, if you're just a John Ritter fan, and don't own the Season 5-8 DVDs of Three's Company for whatever reason, you may want to consider getting this compilation. This compilation does have some of the best episodes from Seasons 5-8.

Larry King: "Do you ever feel like that -- that woman of Three's Company? You look at her when it comes on and say, that -- that's me, but it ain't me?"

Suzanne Somers: "Oh, that's so me. She's so me. Her heart and her soul is me. She was the child I didn't get to be. I love Chrissy Snow. I watch it -- there was a 48-hour marathon last weekend. My husband said, could we go now? I was just like sitting there watching."
Old 01-30-2007, 10:00 AM   #14
Robert 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatIsItMan
I changed my mind.

I'm not going to buy this.

Release "The Ropers" and "Three's A Crowd"!!!!!

I agree! Do they have any idea what they are passing up by not releasing these 2 shows. All of the fans want them and would buy them. I don't know much about what goes into acquiring the rights to release shows on dvd but, surely, these 2 can't be so high-profile to warrant high fees to acquire rights. If they wanted to, they could test the waters by releasing one series but I have a feeling they would gain a whole lot more of an interest if they released these together in a boxset titled "The Spinoffs". What do you think? It would definitely offer more of an incentive for picking up the set.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:01 PM   #15
Subspace
Frequent Poster
The Miracle Worker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert 13
I agree! Do they have any idea what they are passing up by not releasing these 2 shows. All of the fans want them and would buy them. I don't know much about what goes into acquiring the rights to release shows on dvd but, surely, these 2 can't be so high-profile to warrant high fees to acquire rights. If they wanted to, they could test the waters by releasing one series but I have a feeling they would gain a whole lot more of an interest if they released these together in a boxset titled "The Spinoffs". What do you think? It would definitely offer more of an incentive for picking up the set.

I agree completely. At least each of the spinoffs wouldn't command the same fees as Three's Company must have cost - they'd most probably both be cheaper.

As far as releasing those together, I think it would be a good idea to release the complete The Ropers and the complete Three's a Crowd at the same time, it might not be a great idea to only release them in a big combined boxset. Such a boxset would almost certainly cost $$$ since Three's a Crowd is equivalent in length to one standard season of Three's Company, Season 2 of The Ropers is equivalent in length to one standard season of Three's Company, and Season 1 of The Ropers is equivalent in length to Season 1 of Three's Company. You're talking about a boxset with 2 full-length seasons' worth of TV shows, and actually 3 seasons of shows, total.

Some people might be a bit hesitant about shelling out the money for 3 seasons' worth of TV shows, all at once. No, I say, release 'em separately but at the same time so that you can do one marketing campaign for both spinoffs (oh and yes, for The Ropers just release a bigger box with Seasons 1 and 2 in the same set... no reason to do a separate release for the 6-episode-long Season 1), and maybe, just maybe, release that big combined box-set mentioned above. I really don't think releasing the combined two-series box-set is necessary or necessarily wise to do, though.