Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Archives
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-18-2006, 09:45 PM   #46
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJL

Old 11-18-2006, 11:00 PM   #47
Brad
Forum Veteran
05/26/2013. Taste the happy.

Mark Fuhrman (yes, that Mark Fuhrman) has a local radio talk show here in Spokane, and on it, he stated that KAYU (our Fox affiliate) will not be airing the special, but will opt instead to show the syndicated American Idol Rewind. If true, this is the first time KAYU has pre-empted Fox programming. I say good for them.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:33 PM   #48
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA
Mark Fuhrman (yes, that Mark Fuhrman) has a local radio talk show here in Spokane, and on it, he stated that KAYU (our Fox affiliate) will not be airing the special, but will opt instead to show the syndicated American Idol Rewind. If true, this is the first time KAYU has pre-empted Fox programming. I say good for them.

That's really good news!! Hopefully other affiliates across the Nation will follow suit. I personally think the thing is going to end up being cancelled altogether. With the outrage that this has already brought, and will likely continue to bring, it's hard for me to imagine Fox going through with it. Hopefully I'm right about that.
St. John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Currently my favorite song.

Old 11-19-2006, 01:45 PM   #49
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sTrivia
I keep hoping that the outrage and revulsion of the American public really bites the Fox Network in the @$$ and they decide not to run this pathetic piece of misguided rubbish...

You think a network like FOX is going to let things like good taste and a sense of moral ethics govern their programming?? Then again, the major networks aren't that much better, really.

Old 11-19-2006, 04:31 PM   #50
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
You think a network like FOX is going to let things like good taste and a sense of moral ethics govern their programming?? Then again, the major networks aren't that much better, really.

Unfortunately, I believe the answer to this question is no... A sad but unfortunate truth...

Old 11-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #51
Brent88
Forum Veteran

According to Wikipedia:

As of November 19, twelve Fox affiliates have refused to carry the special. KSFX in Springfield, Missouri, [9] and WWCP, which serves the Johnstown-Altoona-State College, Pennsylvania area were the first to turn down the special on November 17[16].

The largest station group refusal to air the special so far has been LIN Television's six Fox affiliates, which include WALA in Mobile, Alabama, KASA in Albuquerque, Green Bay's WLUK, WUPW in Toledo, Ohio, WNAC in Providence, Rhode Island, and WVBT, the Fox affiliate in Virginia's Hampton Roads. In addition, Pappas Telecasting's four stations, which are KMPH of Fresno, Omaha's KPTM, KPTH in Sioux City, Iowa, and KTVG/KSNB in Lincoln and Grand Island, Nebraska are also pre-empting the program [17].

Old 11-20-2006, 12:50 PM   #52
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

I wonder if WVUE 8 Will be the next to Dump The O.J. Simpson
Special.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:10 AM   #53
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Uh guys, it was all over the news yesterday that Fox cancelled not only the special, but the book as well:

From msn.com:

O.J. Simpson book, TV special canceled
Chairman Rupert Murdoch says project was ‘ill-considered’

Updated: 11:07 p.m. ET Nov 20, 2006
NEW YORK - O.J. Simpson’s book and TV special were canceled Monday, an astonishing end to an imaginary confession that had sickened the public as the very worst kind of tabloid sensation.

“I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project,” said Rupert Murdoch, whose News Corp. owns both Fox Broadcasting and publisher HarperCollins. “We are sorry for any pain that this has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson.”

“If I Did It,” in which Simpson was to have described how he would have killed his ex-wife, had been scheduled to air as a two-part interview Nov. 27 and Nov. 29 on Fox. The book was to have followed on Nov. 30.

HarperCollins spokeswoman Erin Crum said some copies had already been shipped to stores but would be recalled, and all copies would be destroyed.

“I think News Corp. finally stepped up, admitted they made a mistake and did the right thing,” said Jonathan Polak, the lawyer for Fred Goldman, Ron’s father. “This is everything we have been asking News Corp. to do for the past two weeks. We want to thank the American people for helping make this happen.”

Simpson’s attorney, Yale Galanter, told The Associated Press: “We had known for three or four days that this was a possibility.”

Galanter said he did not know whether the deal between Simpson and News Corp. was contingent on a TV interview being shown or a book arriving in stores.

“There are only three possible reactions: anger, happiness or indifference. He’s totally indifferent about the fact that it’s been canceled,” said Galanter, who added that he didn’t know if Simpson was paid upfront.

Simpson told The Associated Press in a phone interview late Monday he could not comment on the situation “until I know legally where I stand.”

He added, “I would like nothing better than to straighten out some things that have been mischaracterized. But I think I’m legally muzzled at this point.”

Near universal revulsion
Any hopes of commercial reward were quickly overwhelmed by near universal revulsion to last week’s announcement — from those who knew Goldman and Brown, from booksellers and advertisers, even from Fox News Channel personality Bill O’Reilly.

A dozen Fox network affiliates had already said they would not air the two-part sweeps month special, and numerous stores had either declined to sell the book or had promised to donate any profits to charity.

“I really don’t think there would have been very many advertisers who would have been willing to participate in this show,” said Brad Adgate of the ad buying firm Horizon Media.

With little advertising, Fox would miss the chance to profit from the show. If there were no advertisers, the show wouldn’t even be rated by Nielsen Media Research — so the number of people watching would have done nothing to help Fox’s season average, he said.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #54
Ohio8

Send a message via AIM to Ohio8 Send a message via Yahoo to Ohio8

Here's something from today's comics...
Attached Images

Old 12-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #55
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
Yep. I mean, this has to be his coy, nudge-nudge/wink-wink way of saying "I did it."

And if he didn't, why on earth would you write something like this?? Doesn't he care about his kids??

If you want some relief from this, watch the first Naked Gun movie and enjoy the scene where O.J. gets shot repeatedly, steps in a bear trap, electrocutes himself, etc.
Didn't he also smash his face into a cake, burn his hand on a hot stove, and fall off the boat in that same scene?

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013

Old 12-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #56
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Didn't he also smash his face into a cake, burn his hand on a hot stove, and fall off the boat in that same scene?

Yes, he did -- musta forgot. Gives me an excuse to pop that movie in!

At the time it first came out - 1988, I believe - I knew nothing of O.J.'s private life or his dark side and I just laughed because it was funny.

Now...it's even funnier.

Too bad none of that happened in real life.

Yes, I'm aware he got indicted for the theft/violence in Vegas, but he'll be out within ten years. Should have gotten executed for what he did back in 1994.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #57
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

^ I thought so. That scene makes me every time I see or even think about it. Jay Leno used it last year on his show when that whole Vegas thing came out - hilarious!! Thanks!!

Old 12-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #58
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

why does anyone even care about this guy? i've been sick of hearing his name since i was four years old, even when i had no idea who he was or what he did and assumed he had something to do with the simpsons.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:58 AM   #59
Chocoholic
Banned!!
Forum Veteran
Banned

The only Simpsons I want to hear about are the yellow-skinned ones from Springfield.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #60
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesneyLady
The only Simpsons I want to hear about are the yellow-skinned ones from Springfield.
Especially Homer, right?