Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Archives
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-15-2006, 12:05 AM   #1
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Oh No O.J. To Return To TV In Fox Special

O.J. to tell how he'd murder on Fox spec
Net plans 2-night sweeps event
By JOSEF ADALIAN, JOSEF ADALIAN

Fox is planning a two-night sweeps event whose title says it all: "O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened."
No, really.

Publisher Judith Regan has taped a wide-ranging interview with Simpson that will serve as the basis for the broadcast, set to air in two hourlong segs Nov. 27 and 29, at 9 p.m. both nights. In the interview, Fox said Simpson "describes how he would have carried out the murders he has vehemently denied committing for over a decade."

Simpson was acquitted of killing Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, but found liable for both murders in a later civil suit.

Regan is publishing the Simpson-penned "If I Did It," which goes on sale Nov. 30 -- the day after the special's conclusion airs. ReganBooks is based at Harper Collins, which is owned by Fox parent News Corp.

Fox's O.J. special is being produced under the auspices of alternative topper Mike Darnell's department.

"This is an interview that no one thought would ever happen," Darnell said. "It's the definitive last chapter in the 'Trial of the Century.' "

This isn't Simpson's first foray into primetime. Katie Couric interviewed Simpson for NBC News in 2004, 10 years after the murders took place.

Fox declined to comment further on the special, and a Regan spokeswoman said the publisher was traveling and unavailable for an interview.

Insiders, however, indicate Fox isn't directly paying Simpson for his interview. However, it's safe to assume he's getting paid for his book.

If Simpson is making any money off the book, Ron Goldman's father, Fred, will likely try to get that coin in order to help pay off the debt Simpson owes him after losing the civil case.

Earlier this month, a Santa Monica court rejected Goldman's attempt to gain control of Simpson's publicity and identity rights.

A Fox rep also declined to name the production company behind the special.

Fox special marks the return of Darnell, Fox's own bad boy of entertainment. He has focused on more feel-good fare in recent years, from "Nanny 911" and "Celebrity Duets" to, of course, "American Idol."

The O.J. special comes as Fox is struggling through another tough fall quarter. It's also one of the few true sweeps "events" this November. Nets have largely abandoned movies and specials in favor of series programming this sweeps.

Immediate industry reaction to news of the O.J. special was disbelief, followed by debate over how well the event will do in the ratings.

"It'll be huge," one rival predicted. One producer said that while competitors might publicly dismiss Fox's decision to air the special, "They'd all love to have it."

Others, however, questioned whether Fox would be able to generate much interest from advertisers, since many might shy away from being associated with such a controversial broadcast.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:51 AM   #2
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Oh No O.J. Simpson to tell us how he did it... if he did it... on FOX!

I just had to post this here, because it is quite possibly the most absurd thing I have ever read, and I've seen some absurd things. I think this takes the HOUSE!

Over 10 years after he was tried for two murders in the Trial of the Century that captured the attention of the world, O.J. Simpson, in his own words, tells for the first time how he would have committed the murders if he were the one responsible for the crimes. Noted publisher Judith Regan will talk with Simpson in a wide-ranging, no-holds-barred interview that will be the basis of a two-part special, O.J. SIMPSON: IF I DID IT, HERES HOW IT HAPPENED (working title), airing Monday, Nov. 27 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Wednesday, Nov. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20061114fox02

Old 11-15-2006, 12:53 AM   #3
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ

The only time I want to see O.J. Simpson on my tv, is when he's being publicly executed!!!
St. John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Currently my favorite song.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:57 AM   #4
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

omg...LAME! Fox sucks.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:05 AM   #5
Jrnygrl

Oh No

Is this for real???? I can't believe it. I know O.J. is dumb, but this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:06 AM   #6
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Good Lord this guy needs to be strung up beside Saddam.

Another money grab for OJ

Genevieve: "I underestimated you, Lex."
Lex: "Well, thatís a common mistake."

Lionel Luthor: "We don't need to play games, son."
Lex Luthor: "Dad, games are all we got."

Old 11-15-2006, 01:09 AM   #7
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Like I sadi on the Politics board

This A$$#0!E needs to be strung up beside Saddam in the gallows, another case of the media paying a killer to get a good scoop.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:23 AM   #8
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Once again Simpson, how many people did you slaughter?
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2006, 06:43 AM   #9
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

i think this is a topic ALL of use can agree on

OJ is a disgusting human being and the people who put this special together are just as disgusting!

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!

Old 11-15-2006, 08:19 AM   #10
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.
Oh No

OMG, if that doesn't ever sound like a confession....

Old 11-15-2006, 10:22 AM   #11
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

I just heard on the news this morning that he will receive 7 million for his book.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:35 AM   #12
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

I wish someone would mysteriously break in to his house, nearly sever his head off, leave a whole bunch of incriminating evidence and get off scott free.

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet

Old 11-15-2006, 11:33 AM   #13
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

well jeesh i wouldnt go that far

i would just like to see him ACTUALLY HAVE TO use that $7 million and pay off the civil suits he lost!

Old 11-15-2006, 11:34 AM   #14
Zebra 3
Striped Tomato

TV

I'd rather watch FOX's Celebrity Boxing or a possible sequel to their hard hitting exposť Stars Without Makeup - When Animals Attack Stars Without Makeup Christmas Special.

Message Board

Old 11-15-2006, 11:37 AM   #15
KissMyGrits
HEGM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
I just heard on the news this morning that he will receive 7 million for his book.
Shouldn't that money be going to the Brown and Goldman families? I thought that they had a judgement against him. Hmmm... He will find some way of getting out of paying them.....