Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sanford and Son Online / Sanford and Son links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Sanford and Son Photo Gallery

Sanford and Son - Season 1

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 1 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 2

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 2 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 3

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 3 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 4

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 4 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 5

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 5 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 6

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 6 on DVD
Sanford and Son - The Complete Series

Buy Sanford and Son - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Sanford and Son
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

TV Land Orders New Sitcom Starring Jim Gaffigan; FX Laughs It Up on Monday Nights with Sheen, Grammer and Lawrence
Melissa Joan Hart Explains It All On truTV Tonight; Comedy Central Renews Two Series for 3rd Seasons
FX Fall 2014: Mike & Molly Reruns Premiere; Jerry Seinfeld's Single Shots on Crackle
Summer 2014 Week 9 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Community Season 6 Plans; The Equalizer Complete Series on DVD
Blossom, Big Bang Theory Star Hosting Candid Camera; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 28, 2014)
Here's Lucy Heading to Cozi TV; The CW Drops Comedies Seed, Backpackers
TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC Networks; More Info on Apt. 23 on Logo, With 8 Unaired Episodes

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-10-2006, 03:07 AM   #1
txz045
Occasional Poster
ScreenDoor74.com

Default Where is the Sanford & Son Pickup Truck @ Now?

I dunno if this question has been asked or answered before. But, I'm wondering what ever became of the original Sanford & Son Salvage Truck or Pickup Truck ... the truck they used all the time that was parked out front.
Does anyone know if this truck is still in existence somewhere? On display somewhere? or did it become lost with time somehow?
Old 09-10-2006, 03:57 AM   #2
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Smile Dummy

I got this tidbit from Wikipedia, hope it helps.......

The truck driven in the series is still functional (as of July 2006) and used by its owner, Donald Dimmitt of Dimmitts Auto Salvage, a real-life junk dealer in Marshall County, Indiana.[1]
Old 09-10-2006, 01:20 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

I wouldn't take anything seriously coming from that site
Old 09-11-2006, 02:57 AM   #4
txz045
Occasional Poster
ScreenDoor74.com

With the bit of info you provided I dug up this page showing the truck as it is today.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...&albumid=22933

Last edited by txz045 : 09-11-2006 at 03:40 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:28 AM   #5
txz045
Occasional Poster
ScreenDoor74.com

Indeed on google I just typed in: sanford-and-son-truck indiana

Just like that and one of the results was also: http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps...S01/CAT=News01

The dude that owns it now is like 71. That Don Dimmitt junk dealer guy.
But, some chick friend of his already has her eye on it wanting to buy it as soon as he lets it go. But he has some grandkids lined up to possibly end up with it. Anyway, its been through alot, read that article I just posted.

Kinda reminds me of something I own.... not that it looks anything like it, but anyway.... I own the front screen door off of the original Leatheface House (now located in Kingsland,TX). Anyone interested can check it out @ http://www.myspace.com/thetexaschainsawmassacre
Old 09-11-2006, 04:36 AM   #6
txz045
Occasional Poster
ScreenDoor74.com

This also makes me wonder.... what ever became of ALOT of things that were on Sanford & Son.... like the sign that you see ontop of their place of business during the opening song/scenes. That big old sign must have ended up somewhere. I wonder where all of the various items from the show ended up at? Surely somebody kept some of the stuff you see in the living room, all the junk piled around.... and some of the junk that was out in the yard... surely somebody close to the show kept some of those things... some of the stuff that was more visible on a regular basis something ppl would notice and recognize and be able to spot in episodes. I wonder about strange things like this all the time. Not just about Sanford & Son... but also like The Dukes of Hazzard.... I find myself wondering what ever became of the wrecked General Lee's. The ones that were not able to be used again... wonder if somebody still has a wrecked one ....

I also wonder what happened to all the uncut footage of them jumping those cars... they usualy cut the part where you actualy see the car landing all hardcore... bending, smashing.... they occassionaly showed that stuff, but I wonder where the old uncut footage is... the footage where you get to see all the endings to the jumps.... how each jump came out...
Old 09-11-2006, 01:08 PM   #7
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by txz045
This also makes me wonder.... what ever became of ALOT of things that were on Sanford & Son.... like the sign that you see ontop of their place of business during the opening song/scenes. That big old sign must have ended up somewhere. I wonder where all of the various items from the show ended up at? Surely somebody kept some of the stuff you see in the living room, all the junk piled around.... and some of the junk that was out in the yard... surely somebody close to the show kept some of those things... some of the stuff that was more visible on a regular basis something ppl would notice and recognize and be able to spot in episodes. I wonder about strange things like this all the time. Not just about Sanford & Son... but also like The Dukes of Hazzard.... I find myself wondering what ever became of the wrecked General Lee's. The ones that were not able to be used again... wonder if somebody still has a wrecked one ....

I also wonder what happened to all the uncut footage of them jumping those cars... they usualy cut the part where you actualy see the car landing all hardcore... bending, smashing.... they occassionaly showed that stuff, but I wonder where the old uncut footage is... the footage where you get to see all the endings to the jumps.... how each jump came out...

I want no info from a website that is Half Right and Half Wrong-lol
Old 09-13-2006, 03:50 AM   #8
txz045
Occasional Poster
ScreenDoor74.com

I went ahead and looked the cat up.... called him up at his place of business and we talked about the old truck.... no doubt that part of the story is true. This old cat owns the truck and is quite proud of it. I was asking him if he lets ppl get their picture taken with the truck, he said thats not a problem and of course he would let ppl take their picture with it. He said it was in storage at the moment but it would be back up to this place of business next week sometime.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:10 AM   #9
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Smile Dummy

That's interesting, I bet you'll be taking a little side trip.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:10 PM   #10
casualts@cox.net
Frequent Poster

ebay item# 230035198824. Person claims that is 1 of 6 original trucks used on Sanford and Son....10/09/06
Old 10-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #11
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Default Where is The Sanford And Son pick up Truck at now

How old would the Sanford and Son Truck be now.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:48 AM   #12
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Smile Dummy

I'd say around 54 years old, wasn't it a '52 pickup.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:10 AM   #13
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Default Where is The Sanford And Son pick up Truck at now

I am not even show what year The Sanford and Son Truck is from
Old 12-18-2006, 04:06 PM   #14
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

Does anyone have a Picture of The Sanford And Son Truck
Old 05-14-2007, 07:48 PM   #15
casualts@cox.net
Frequent Poster

ebay Item number: 170110647328 person claims the truck was aquired from Redd Foxx....location Las Vegas NV......only $3,500? lol