Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links /
True Crime Shows Message Board
/ All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Fall Pilot Review: Bad Judge - Premieres Thursday, Oct. 2; Antenna TV's Hitch-O-Ween Marathon on Halloween
ABC Fall Pilot Review: Manhattan Love Story - Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 30; ABC Family Picks Up Young & Hungry for 2nd Season, and New Drama
ABC Fall Pilot Review: Selfie - Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 30; Starz Gives Us Sampling of LeBron James Produced Comedy
Week 1 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: Hub Network to Rebrand; Mork & Mindy to be Completed on DVD?
CBS Doubles Up on Big Bang on Mondays, Moves Mom; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of September 29, 2014)
Bounce TV Fall 2014 Info; Vintage SNL to Air in Primetime on Saturday Nights

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)

New Girl - The Complete Season Three The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season

09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-16-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
skunk ape
Frequent Poster

Default Did Michael Nicholaou's DNA results match the Connecticut River Valley Killer?

I'm hoping it is so the families of the victims will get some closure that they deserve.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
Kane

I haven't heard anything yet. The DNA tests are expected to be completed by the end of summer, and there's still another month left in the season. However, such tests can sometimes either be delayed or end up taking longer than expected. But as soon as the results are finalized, they will be announced.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
skunk ape
Frequent Poster

Thanks. Hey Kane, do you know where I can find the composite picture of Angela Hammond's attacker?
Old 08-16-2006, 02:55 PM   #4
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

I dont think they have a website with those kind of composites on it. I dont think they even had a composite of the guy. Because she saw him but remember there was no one else around. They had a description of the pickup truck because Rob saw it. I think he caught a glimpse of the guy's face but not enough to really make a composite. If they did make a composite it was because of what Angela described to Rob. But I just remember Rob said that Angela said that he was a dirty looking guy with long hair, glasses and overalls. They showed a picture of the guy's truck because he had a unique mural in the back window of a fish jumping out of water. How no one could have not seen this very unique truck is beyond me. I dont think Rob was paying too much attention to what the guy looked like because his mind was probably racing with fear about Angela and getting her away from this guy. Still makes me so sad about how helpless Rob must have felt when his transmission went out.

Last edited by kadrmas15 : 08-16-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:07 PM   #5
skunk ape
Frequent Poster

Sorry, I meant the composite of Jane Boroski's attacker. I got the two mixed up.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:11 PM   #6
New Brandon
Frequent Poster

It'd be great to find the guy, but are we sure that...

A) This is a serial killer? There could always be more than one guy. I guess we can assume it's only one for most of them, because most of the victims were nurses... Which brings me to B...

B) Jane Boroski wasn't a nurse, was she? If not, there is no real solid connection between her attacker and the rest. Unless, of course, I'm missing something.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:57 PM   #7
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk ape
Sorry, I meant the composite of Jane Boroski's attacker. I got the two mixed up.

That's okay. Anyway, a composite sketch of Jane's attacker is on page 268 of The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers. The second edition of that book was issued early this year, but I bought it just two weeks ago. The author of the book is Michael Newton.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #8
Thinman
Frequent Poster

My condolences on your tragedy, shawneee. Do you have any thoughts on whether or not Nicholaou is the Connecticut River Valley Killer?
Old 09-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #9
Kane

Default Article discussing the survivor

There is a new article related to the case. It is about Jane Boroski, who is believed to be the only survivor of a New Hampshire serial killer known as the Valley Killer. She was pregnant at the time of her attack, but her infant was thankfully unharmed. Although the DNA tests have yet to be finalized, Boroski is convinced that the late Michael Nicholaou was the one who nearly killed her.

The article is dated September 16, and is at the following link:

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/09/16/Ta..._sees_ch.shtml
Old 09-19-2006, 07:29 PM   #10
nohwheregirl
Forum Regular
THE Mystery Machine

Thanks for the article, Kane.

Quote:
“An innocent man is not sitting in prison. The guy is not going to escape,” Terrido said. “If you’ve got a whole bunch of cases you have to evaluate — a dead man? We’ll get to it when we get to it.”

What a jerk. Nevermind the fact that a serial killer could STILL be on the loose, and you have to complete this DNA to rule out that possibility. Nevermind that law enforcement OWES answers to victims' families. I understand practicle considerations like money and time, but these detectives need to get on the ball.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #11
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Wow. Interesting. Thanks for the link. I'm not sure what to think. I think Jane is the authorities best shot at identifying the Connecticut River Valley Killer, and if she is 99% sure that MIchael Nicholaou is him... that's pretty compelling.

On the other hand, the attack occurred 18 years ago, and her memory of what the killer looked like could have faded. In addition, she is a woman who is constantly living in fear who WANTS to see this man either behind bars or dead so she can move on with her life.

I hope they hurry with the DNA results. Even if the guy is dead, the families of the victims have a right to know.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:23 PM   #12
kadrmas15

Well I was kind of stunned at how some of these investigators were such jerks about it. Heck I remember in the UM segment Stack saying that the New Hampshire State Police were not convinced they had a serial killer on their hands even after that many homicides. Well the guy Jane described as her attacker back in the UM segment was in Nicholau's age group and Nicholau lived I believe in Massachusetts at the time this attack occurred. I believe at the end of 1988 he moved away from the New England area. It could be Jane is wrong about him being the attacker but I must admit even if she is wrong Nicholaou was a good guy to look at because there are definitly some things that match up. Like how I believe it was Nicholau's first wife that was a nurse and that she worked in the same hospital as one of the women that would later turn up dead. However on the same sense Nicholau if it was him that was the killer didnt stalk victims he selected sites so he might have recognized that nurse if he killed her but it wasnt because he was stalking her, he picked a selected site that she happened to be at. The reason why the Jeep might not have shown up when they ran it was Jane said a 75 to 85 Jeep wagoner. Yet those wood paneled Jeeps I believe were made through 1987 it wasnt until the 1988 model that they stopped making the wood paneled ones so it could have been an 86 or 87 and they didnt look those up. Nicholau in 1988 would have been in his late 30's I believe so it is very possible that he was the killer. I somehow doubt he stopped killing too. He might have been able to stop killing for a while but not forever.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:42 PM   #13
jaynie
Occasional Poster

Default I know it's him

Hi all I am new here and I saw my name so thought I should respond to a few comments made. I am Jane Boroski. "hi" First the detectives and the state police in both states ((New Hamshire and Vermont)) are lying. There is no DNA to test because they lost it. They have lost a lot of things that are very inportant to all the cases. About 10 yrs ago I was sent a letter anomously which I believe was sent to me from my attacker, the letter was hand written, the state police came to my house and picked it up. A few days later they called to tell me there was no finger prints. Today that letter does not exist because they lost it. When they say misplaced they mean it is lost.
All the victims families and myself are not asking for much just the truth. We all need closure. And after 18 yrs I need to move on with my life. I know in my heart and soul that it was Michael Nicholaou that attacked me and I will prove it sooner or later. Mark my words.
I need to ask everyone to keep me and all the families of the victims in your prayers.
Thank-you for your time.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:34 AM   #14
nohwheregirl
Forum Regular
THE Mystery Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynie
Hi all I am new here and I saw my name so thought I should respond to a few comments made. I am Jane Boroski. "hi" First the detectives and the state police in both states ((New Hamshire and Vermont)) are lying. There is no DNA to test because they lost it. They have lost a lot of things that are very inportant to all the cases. About 10 yrs ago I was sent a letter anomously which I believe was sent to me from my attacker, the letter was hand written, the state police came to my house and picked it up. A few days later they called to tell me there was no finger prints. Today that letter does not exist because they lost it. When they say misplaced they mean it is lost.
All the victims families and myself are not asking for much just the truth. We all need closure. And after 18 yrs I need to move on with my life. I know in my heart and soul that it was Michael Nicholaou that attacked me and I will prove it sooner or later. Mark my words.
I need to ask everyone to keep me and all the families of the victims in your prayers.
Thank-you for your time.

Thank you so much for posting, Jane. Consider your words marked. I can't believe so much evidence was lost. Do you think it was really lost, or was it "lost" on purpose. How could the police be so incompetent/calculating?? Why would they lie to the public about the DNA? Sorry for all of the questions, but even after reading the insensitive statements from the investigators, I'm shocked! They seem to be protecting the killer rather than doing their jobs.

You're truly one of the bravest women I've ever known of, and I am so glad you're here to talk to us today. I'll be praying for you and the other victims' families. You deserve justice.

Please keep us updated. As you can see, the people who post on this message board care deeply about these victims and want to these cases solved.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #15
kadrmas15

Well what got me was even in the segment the New Hampshire police said they were not yet convinced they were dealing with a serial killer. Well what would it take to convince them? 7 women murdered 1 woman that was left for dead but thankfully survived. Jane I believe you that it was Michael Nicholaou and I find that disturbing that law enforcement officials handled your case and the evidence in such a careless manner. I hope the New Hampshire state police and Vermont state police dont handle all their cases in the same careless manner. What really gets me about some of these agencies is that they cover things up. Why not just admit the truth? I believe John Philpin has said he agrees with Jane that it was Michael Nicholaou. I am assuming Philpin has studied Nicholaou's profile. I think there are even more cases out there that Nicholaou was involved in that the authorities either have not connected to him or dont want to connect to him. It just amazes me how these law enforcment agencies at times can be so careless with such crucial evidence. That hand written letter disturbes me and must have disturbed you too Jane. I have thought from the time I saw the segment that Nicholaou was spooked when he knew you survived because at the end of 1988 he moved to a different part of the country. Jane I hope you get justice and I hope the families of the other victims get justice. Nicholaou was a serial rapist and killer and it is bad enough they couldnt catch him while he was alive but the truth needs to be brought out on him and I hope you post again here in the future.