Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Charles in Charge Online / Charles in Charge links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Charles in Charge Photo Gallery

Charles in Charge - The Complete First Season

Buy Charles in Charge - The Complete First Season on DVD
Charles in Charge - The Complete Second Season

Buy Charles in Charge - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Charles in Charge - The Complete Third Season

Buy Charles in Charge - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Charles in Charge - The Complete Fourth Season (Amazon.com Exclusive)

Buy Charles in Charge - The Complete Fourth Season (Amazon.com Exclusive) on DVD
Charles in Charge - Season 5 (Amazon.com Exclusive)

Buy Charles in Charge - Season 5 (Amazon.com Exclusive) on DVD
Charles in Charge - The Best of

Buy Charles in Charge - The Best of on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Charles in Charge
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

FX Fall 2014: Mike & Molly Reruns Premiere; Jerry Seinfeld's Single Shots on Crackle
Summer 2014 Week 9 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Community Season 6 Plans; The Equalizer Complete Series on DVD
Blossom, Big Bang Theory Star Hosting Candid Camera; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 28, 2014)
Here's Lucy Heading to Cozi TV; The CW Drops Comedies Seed, Backpackers
TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC Networks; More Info on Apt. 23 on Logo, With 8 Unaired Episodes
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC; Entourage Coming to VH1 Classic

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-04-2006, 12:05 AM   #1
88survivor

Default The gold cross necklace around Scott Baio's neck...

He did wore that gold necklace for quite sometime, though. Throughout the 70s and 80s, he had the same necklace. Kind of interesting he kept in Happy Days, Joanie Loves Chachi, and Charles In Charge.

http://www.lostinthepast.net/past/Scott6/01841sb.jpg

Right now, it is changed into this necklace, yet it seem the old gold cross. Interestingly, it is a silver chain.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/...=Baio,%20Scott
Old 08-04-2006, 04:27 AM   #2
aalady
Frequent Poster

You are very observant, that is an Italian tradition. A small cross is given to a child at the time of their Baptism, and it should be worn thru-out their lifetime as a reminder of their faith. He still wears it, its not always visable, its twisted around what he wears now. I think his respect for this tradition says a lot about him as a man. Personally I think it's sweet
Old 08-04-2006, 08:05 AM   #3
88survivor

Trying to figure out what the silver one represents, though.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #4
80ssitcomsrule
Frequent Poster
addicted to TV

I don't think the silver chain has any significance, except that it fits around his neck. LOL. Scott has mentioned in interviews in the past that he has had the cross for years but he has gotten new chains to put it on cause the old ones don't fit.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #5
aalady
Frequent Poster

The white gold chain has a religious medal hanging from it, I can't be sure which one it is, I have never seen a picture close enough. Policemen and Firemen have what are called patron Saint medals that they wear, actors have a patron Saint too, St. Gervace. I don't know if thats what it is, but people can have a personal favorite for their own reasons. I have never seen an interview were he explained the cross can you remember which one it was? Attached is a picture were if you look close you can see the little gold cross and gold chain entertwined with the white gold chain and medal.

Last edited by aalady : 08-13-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #6
aalady
Frequent Poster

Sorry, something happened to attachment, I'll try again.
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2006, 11:18 PM   #7
80ssitcomsrule
Frequent Poster
addicted to TV

I don't remember the interview because it was years ago. It was in one of the teen magazines when he was younger. He said that someone had given him the cross on a chain but the original chain didn't fit anymore so he got a longer one and put the cross on it. I've never seen pics of Scott wearing anything other than the cross.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:19 PM   #8
80ssitcomsrule
Frequent Poster
addicted to TV

now, I've never seen that chain.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:42 PM   #9
aalady
Frequent Poster

He started wearing it right after CIC. This is a recent picture, obviously he still wears it.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #10
88survivor

It's kind of funny how we gotten so use the gold chain cross around his neck and now has a different emblem, I presume. I sort of miss that old one... but people change, times change....
Old 08-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #11
88survivor

I guess no one knows what I am talking about...