Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Fall Pilot Reviews: Young Sheldon and Me, Myself & I, Both Premiere Tonight (Sep. 25)
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 25, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Reboot Casts David and Darlene's Daughter; The CW Developing New Series Based Upon Sabrina Character
Fri-Yay: The Good Place's Season Premiere; FXX to Air All Season One Episodes of The Mick on September 23
Hulu Gets Will & Grace Fever; New Netflix Comedy Has Girl Power
Rules of Engagement Coming to Logo; Younger Season 4 Sets Series Best
Pop Picks Up 2nd Season of Hollywood Darlings; South Park Still Strong in Season 21

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
09/01 - Angie - The Complete Collection
09/05 - Just Shoot Me! - The Complete Series
09/05 - Kevin Can Wait - Season One
09/06 - Better Things - The Complete First Season
09/06 - You're the Worst - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/12 - Coach - The Complete Series
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Fourth Season
09/12 - People of Earth - The Complete First Season
09/12 - Veep - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
09/19 - Living Single - The Complete Second Season
09/19 - Modern Family - The Complete Eighth Season
09/26 - Ned and Stacey - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-26-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
crystaldawn

Post Updates

Everyone is always inquiring if there are updates to any of the cases profiled on UM. We all know that Lifetime has dropped the ball many times when it comes to providing updates. I thought it would be a good idea to post this as a sticky and then all of us could post updates (and hopefully links to articles if possible) to UM cases with new developments that we know about. It would be a good way for regular posters as well as newbie's to get update information in one place. So please all of you that know of updates to cases, even if you've posted them on other threads before, feel free to post them here.

I'll start off with the case of Dorothy Donovan. She was the elderly lady murdered in her home. Her son, Charles Holden, had picked up a hitchhiker earlier that night who had threatened him. When Charles sped off the hitchhiker apparently went to Holden's mother's house and killed Dorothy. There has been a recent arrest in the case and here is a link:

http://www.doverpost.com/PostArchive...ewsmurder.html
Old 05-27-2006, 11:20 AM   #2
crystaldawn

Arrest in the Data Satterfield murder. Remember she was the owner of a beauty salon who was found raped and murdered in her salon. A door-to-door saleslady got a good look at the suspect.

http://www.fox21.com/Global/story.as...39267&nav=2KPp

Also update in the Carson Prince case. Carson was seen fighting with a man while riding in a pickup truck and fell and subsequently died of her injuries. A man has admitted to killing her and has been arrested.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aID=38900
Old 05-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #3
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Hey, thanks for those updates. I was aware of the update in the Carson Prince case but not the other ones. Yes Stephen Talley belongs behind bars. It looks like Talley pleaded guilty to three counts of felony murder and in exchange the prosecution didnt seek the death penalty. Talley was sentenced to life in prison without the possiblity of parole. Talley murdered Christopher Barnes and I think he said Barnes was murdered just to get him out of the way really nothing personal. Talley then raped Barnes's girlfriend Barbara Leggitt before he strangled her to death. I believe this occurred in June of 1999 a couple of months after Carson Prince was murdered. Prince was just in the wrong place at the wrong time when her car ran out of gas and she was walking down the interstate and Talley saw her. Price being young and trusting got in his truck and then she struggled with him when he told her he was going to rape her. Talley hit her in the head with a wrench but she kept struggling and she opened the door and he slammed on his brakes and she fell out. I wouldnt be surprised if Talley is responsible for more murders. Here is a link to Talley's prison file.
http://www.arkansas.gov/doc/inmate_i...ex=b&agetype=1
Talley is currently serving his life sentence at the Cummins Unit which about 30 miles south of Pine Bluff in Lincoln County, Arkansas near the town of Grady.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:23 PM   #4
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

This thread was a good idea!!
Thanks crystaldawn!!
Old 05-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #5
crystaldawn

My pleasure PrettyInPink55. It will be nice to have all the updates on one thread.

Great research as always kadrmas15.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:33 PM   #6
kadrmas15

Thank you Crystaldawn, glad to be of service. Well Stephen Talley's mugshot scared the crap out of me. Geese what a creepy guy. I also heard his wife had "always suspected" that he was involved in Carson Price's murder. Didnt she turn him in like four years after the fact? I mean wow, if she thought that I dont understand how she could live with this guy for so long afterwards.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:44 PM   #7
crystaldawn

Default Corinne "Punky" Gustavson

Thankfully the sleaze has been arrested and convicted of her murder. She was the 6 year old girl from Canada who was abducted while out playing with her friend. Her body was found shortly after.

http://www.cp.org/english/online/ful.../n052738A.html
Old 05-30-2006, 02:19 AM   #8
kadrmas15

I know this really isnt an update. But remember John List? The man who murdered his wife and his children and his elderly mother in 1971? Well I was surprised to find List is still alive and is in prison in Union County, New Jersey. List is 80 years old and will be 81 in September. Here is a link to his file:
https://www6.state.nj.us/DOC_Inmate/...?x=1041811&n=0
Old 05-30-2006, 06:43 AM   #9
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
I know this really isnt an update. But remember John List? The man who murdered his wife and his children and his elderly mother in 1971? Well I was surprised to find List is still alive and is in prison in Union County, New Jersey. List is 80 years old and will be 81 in September. Here is a link to his file:
https://www6.state.nj.us/DOC_Inmate/...?x=1041811&n=0

Has a lot in common with the William Bradford Bishop case. He also murdered his wife, children and elderly mother in the early 70's. Bizarre. Unfortunately, Bishop has never been caught to my knowledge. What really stood out in that segment for me was Bishop's former D.C. coworker running into him in Italy. Talk about your chance encounters.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:08 PM   #10
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Also update in the Carson Prince case. Carson was seen fighting with a man while riding in a pickup truck and fell and subsequently died of her injuries. A man has admitted to killing her and has been arrested.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aID=38900

Wow! I had NO clue that this case had ended in an arrest and a confession. Great research, CD! My stomach turned at the killer's description of "looking for someone to rape." That's so disturbing. Poor Carson. I'm glad that her family will get SOME sort of closure.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #11
kadrmas15

The story of Carson Prince's murder was bad enough but if you saw the killers prison file picture it scared the hell out of me. This is easier to say now but the guy just looks like a total creep. This guy would have been caught much earlier, perhaps before he had an opportunity to murder the young couple but the eyewitnesses got his license plate number wrong. Also shortly after Carson Prince's murder he painted his truck in a different color. As for Brad Bishop, yes that is a bizarre one too and I am sure he is still on the run over in Europe somewhere. Wasnt that 10 years after the murders and after he disappeared that his former co-worker had a chance meeting with him in a stairwell or in a bathroom or something? I remember the co-worker looked at Brad and Brad had a beard and stuff but you could still recognize him and the co-worker said "Brad?" Brad looked up and looked right at him for a second and then ran off. I'm sure that was him.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:07 PM   #12
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Wasnt that 10 years after the murders and after he disappeared that his former co-worker had a chance meeting with him in a stairwell or in a bathroom or something? I remember the co-worker looked at Brad and Brad had a beard and stuff but you could still recognize him and the co-worker said "Brad?" Brad looked up and looked right at him for a second and then ran off. I'm sure that was him.

Actually, the encounter was said to have occurred in 1979, three years after the murders. So it was still possible for the co-worker to have recognized Brad's face, even if Brad had grown a beard.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:42 AM   #13
MickeyLover06
Occasional Poster

Thanks for the updates! What a great idea Crystaldawn
Old 06-01-2006, 09:24 PM   #14
crystaldawn

Default Some more updates.....

Roxanne Jeeves and her 5 year old son Christopher Korpher were murdered on her son's 5th birthday. Many years later a suspect has been arrested.

http://20thcenturymurder.blogspot.co...er-122381.html

Holly Krewson was in her 20's when she disappeared. Her mother got a phone calls years after her disappearance that she thought was Holly's voice. Her remains were identified earlier this year.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...2m24holly.html

Gretchen Burford was an attorney who was abducted while at an ATM machine and later stabbed to death. Several years later police have made an arrest:

http://www.paloaltoonline.com/weekly...digest29.shtml

Mickey and Trudy Thompson were gunned down in the driveway of their home. Years later a former business partner of Mickey's was accused of hiring two men to kill the couple:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/s...ermurders.html
Old 06-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #15
kadrmas15

George Washington Hicks Jr is currently on temporary release in Texas because of a bench warrant issued for him in another county. I dont know if that means he has fled the area or what. I wouldnt be surprised since he was about to go down for a murder rap. Hicks is currently 55 years old and was sentenced to 80 years in prison on March 2nd, 1994 for a aggravated sexual assault that occured on January 11th, 1993. Hicks was due to become first eligible for parole on January 24th, 2008.

Tyrone Hamel is currently 40 years old. Hamel is also on temporary release on Texas for a bench warrant that was issued for him on the federal level. Hamel was sentenced to life in prison on June 22nd, 1989 for an aggravated sexual assault with a deadly weapon from an incident that occured on January 29th, 1988. Hamel was also sentenced to another 60 years in prison on October 17th, 1990 for another aggrevated sexual assault with a deadly weapon, this incident occured on January 20th, 1988. It must have been after these incidents that he murdered Gretchen. Hopefully the feds take him up on charges and he gets sentenced to death.