Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Half and Half links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Half and Half Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > Half & Half
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-18-2006, 11:58 AM   #1
felicitylen
Keep Austin WEIRD

Default Cancelled

By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- The CW has set its inaugural lineup of 12 returning series - six from UPN and six from the WB - as well as three newcomers.

In addition, the network has unveiled its new logo, all in advance of its upfront presentation tomorrow.

The WB's contribution, as expected, will include "7th Heaven," "Gilmore Girls," "Smallville" and "Beauty and the Geek" as well as the recently renewed "Supernatural" and "One Tree Hill."

Among those not making the cut: "The Bedford Diaries," "Blue Collar TV," "Everwood," "Living With Fran," "Modern Men," "Pepper Dennis," "Reba," "Related," "Survival of the Richest" and "Twins."

On the UPN side, "All of Us," "Girlfriends" and "Veronica Mars" are set to join "WWE Smackdown," "America's Next Top Model" and "Everybody Hates Chris."

Not so lucky were "Cuts," "Eve," "Get This Party Started," "Half & Half," "Love, Inc.," "One on One" and "South Beach."

Overall the combined lineup will feature the eight most-watched shows between the two networks - "Heaven" (5.28 million viewers on average), "Model" (4.99 million), "Smallville" (4.68 million), "Gilmore" (4.61 million), "Smackdown" (4.31 million), "Chris" (4.30 million), "Geek" (4.19 million) and "Supernatural" (3.82 million).

As for the remaining quartet, "One Tree Hill" (2.82 million) and "Veronica Mars" (2.31 million) are the 17th and 23rd most-watched programs respectively - behind "Everwood" (3.65 million, 9th) and the departing "Charmed" (3.52 million, 10th) - while "Girlfriends" (3.39 million, 12th) and "All of Us" (3.21 million, 13th) are just short of the exiting "Reba" (3.40 million, 11th).

On the pilot pickup front, the CW is said to be moving forward with "Runaway" and "Girlfriends" spin-off "The Game" for the fall with Kevin Williamson's "Palm Springs" snagging a midseason order.

"Runaway," from Sony Pictures Television, revolves around a family that becomes fugitives in order to prove the innocence of their patriarch (Donnie Wahlberg) - who's convicted of murder. Dustin Milligan ("The Days"), Karen LeBlanc ("Kevin Hill"), Leslie Hope ("Commander in Chief"), Nathan Gamble, Sarah Ramos ("American Dreams") and Susan Floyd ("Law & Order") also star in the hour, which comes from creator Chad Hodge and executive producers Darren Star and Ed Zuckerman.

"Palm Springs," from Lionsgate Television, is a coming-of-age drama about a troubled teen ("The O.C.'s" Taylor Handley) who moves to a gated community, where he uncovers some dark secrets. Amber Heard ("Alpha Dog"), Cheryl White ("The Book of Daniel"), D.W. Moffett ("The Book of Daniel"), Ellary Porterfield ("The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio"), Gail O'Grady ("Hot Properties"), Michael Cassidy ("The O.C.") and Sharon Lawrence ("Desperate Housewives") star.

And finally, CBS Paramount Network Television-based "The Game" is about a group of women in various stages of relationships with pro football players. Aldis Hodge ("Numb3rs"), Coby Bell ("Third Watch"), Hosea Chanchez ("Everwood"), Jennifer Baxter ("Dark Water"), Tia Mowry ("Love, Inc.") and Wendy Raquel Robinson ("All of Us") all star in the half-hour, which comes from executive producers Dan Dugan, Kelsey Grammer, Mara Brock Akil and Steve Stark.

As for lineup specifics, "Heaven," "Gilmore," "Mars," "Model," "Smallville," "Supernatural" and "Smackdown" are each expected to remain in their current time periods with the four comedies - "Chris," "All of Us," "Girlfriends" and "The Game" - shifting to Sundays starting at 8:00/7:00c. "Model" encores will likely fill the Sunday, 7:00/6:00c hour with "Runaway" on Mondays at 9:00/8:00c and "Hill" on Wednesdays at 9:00/8:00c. "Geek" then will spell "Model" cycles on Wednesdays.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/newswire.aspx?id=7163

Now we will never know who Mona decided to date.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #2
GSU2004
Forum Regular

Damn, I actually thought this show had a chance with the CW. How in the hell this gets killed but All of Us sticks around?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:48 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSU2004
Damn, I actually thought this show had a chance with the CW. How in the hell this gets killed but All of Us sticks around?

Yeah I didn;t expect All of Us to make it either but I did expect stupid ass girlfriends to make the fall schedule
Old 05-19-2006, 12:27 AM   #4
GeorgiaboyJeff!
Forum Regular

Man I am so mad!!! This is like the 3rd show I liked that's cancelled!! It's bad enough that Eve & One on One were left with cliffhangers! Now I must forever ponder what happened like with Moesha.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:45 AM   #5
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

I wonder why all those shows decided to end in cliffhangers? The chances of them getting picked up by the CW was small at best.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #6
marvin g

This show still had some punch to especially since they had Joey Lawrence as a recurring role. The guy is hilarious as a sports agent! I would have liked to seen Mona get married or engaged before they ended on it's own!

What happened to Drew? did he crawl(run)away from home?
Old 06-02-2006, 11:11 AM   #7
GSU2004
Forum Regular

The show was actually going to get renewed but the network chose All of Us instead.

Check out this article:

http://blackvoices.aol.com/black_ent...26105609990001
Old 06-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #8
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

LOL@Half And Half got cancelled hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Good riddens. The show was boring anyway.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:38 PM   #9
Ceddy
Occasional Poster

I really enjoyed the 2 moms on the show. Although I didn't see the final epsoide but I know they probably would re-air it hopfully. I've also seen on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half_%26_Half that it could replace All of Us time slot...
Old 06-27-2006, 10:05 AM   #10
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Default Cancelled

I am sad to here that Half and Half got Cancelled
Old 09-21-2006, 01:25 AM   #11
Couch Potato 05
Forum Regular
Night Owl!

That sucks! I like Half & Half (I like Eve too!)
Old 09-25-2006, 11:20 PM   #12
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Default Cancelled

Maybe Half and Half will come out in Reruns
Old 02-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #13
egypt99
Occasional Poster

Default I missed it to

Hi i'm new here i just want say. this a show i would every monday when it comes on. and everybody do a wonderful job
Old 02-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #14
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

I also would watch every Monday on witch was then The WB monday Niht;s at 8:30 pm Central Time
Old 02-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #15
GSU2004
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by agmfox8@yahoo.com
Maybe Half and Half will come out in Reruns

It was reported last year on the boards that syndication for Half and Half will begin this fall. I wondered why they waited a year later rather than immediate syndication after cancellation like other shows did.