Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2
Netflix Series Adds Rising Star to New Series; Corporate Gets 3rd and Final Season
Comedy Central Schedules Lights Out with David Spade; NBC's The Good Place to End After Season 4

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-17-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
sugarbaby
Frequent Poster

Default was this mystery ever on UM

I don't know if any of you are familiar with this one, but I was not sure if it was on UM or not, but just curious. I am from Oregon so I definately remember it and I went to high school with the guy's younger brother.

Tyronne Theis was wanted in Oregon for (I think) Oregon's 1st triple murder. I think it happend like 10 years ago. He was a former employee of the leathers oil co. gas station and I think he got fired. So he came back and robbed the place and shot execution style the 3 employees working there that night. The police thought he fled to Mexico and I don't believe they ever caught him. Ring any bells?? It stuck with me because he went to the same hs as I did.
sugarbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
Kane

I recall that it was featured on UM during the show's "special bulletin" segment, probably during the 1995-96 season. It has also been profiled on America's Most Wanted.

I did some digging, and found some articles about the case; the most recent one that I could find is from 2004. He was still on the loose, and probably still is.

Indeed, some speculate that Tyrom Thies is dead. But the police are skeptical, and, I'm sure, will remain so until he is found (alive or otherwise).

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=49551

http://www.theoutlookonline.com/article/2017
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:50 AM   #3
Twig
First Time Poster

Default No one wonders more than me.

You see, I was on the Grand Jury that indicted him and later, the 2 people implicated with him. I still have the newspaper story on it and dreams of the crime scene and autopsy pics of those 3 poor women.

Anderson (the driver) gave a disposition and after leaving the room the detective asked if we thought he was being truthful. After a resounding no from us all he was later arrested on our word mostly. Then, 2....3 days later he hung himself in jail.

Is Tyrone still alive? As an intimate character in that horror story one of my wishes is to get closure on that before I die.

Maybe then the pictures of those 3 women, laying head to head to head in that massive pool of blood and those 3 pics....autopsy...a single gunshot to the back of the head in each one... will go away.

Today, Virginia Tech had the bloodiest rampage in US history with 33 dead and dozens wounded brought that to the front of my thinking again along with the other mystery, killing/suicide in my life. The murder of Brian Massey by John Holbrook, a janitor at the University of Portland back in 1981(?). Who then put one gun to his heart and 1 to his head.

I was Johns co-worker in the engineering building and 1 of his very few friends. I was one of those that had to clean up the blood afterwards. Even I had and still have no clue.

Ya know, you never forget that smell.

Thanks for letting me vent this on my first post and may God accept the poor people who died today for no reason other than one mans rage.

Peace,
Rev. R. Twig Jones
PDX OR>
Twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
crystaldawn

Thanks for posting Twig. Yes I couldn't believe the horror of that shooting today and I'm sorry at the trauma you must have experienced of cleaning up the crime scene of that other shooting you mentioned.

As far as Tyrone Walter Thiess I have that special alert on tape. I must say I am suprised he is still missing as I don't believe Lifetime ever aired that one, at least I don't remember it. You would think if he was still on the run they would continue to air it. On the flip side though I wouldn't be suprised if he too committed suicide shortly after the crime, like his accomplice.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Why was he fired anyways? For a young, handsome guy, he could've had alot going for him, but sadly decided to end 3 innocent women's lives. If he did flee to Mexico, I doubt he lasted long as sometimes Caucasians aren't welcome there, especially in the drug scene. He could've ended up murdered himself, or committed suicide to avoid bein captured. What a waste.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
WishfulDreamer

I really hope something else has caught up to him since the authorities haven't; people like this should not be out in the streets. I have to wonder if he was fired for his behavior at the job and maybe there was animosity between him and those employees? Or blamed them for him being fired? Still a horrible reason to kill them when he could have just left with the money and left them to live. I hope he's caught and soon.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt C
Have there been any updates on this case?
None. In fact, he is still listed as wanted at the America's Most Wanted web site.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Here's the age progression composite they made of him:

1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote