Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-25-2006, 08:38 PM   #46
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Knowledge Fan
..."YOU TAKE THE KIDS", a domestic comedy Nell Carter fronted on CBS Saturday nights from December 1990 through January 1991. It was supposed to be HER version of "ROSEANNE", but it was....well, terrible. There were six episodes taped (including a Christmas show!), but the last one was never shown, as CBS presented special coverage of the first Iraq war instead. Now that I think about it, I think that was more entertaining than her show.

Saw it? I never even heard of it!

Miscellaneous Musings

Pictures of Beautiful Women

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE:

REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS CHRIS CHRISTIE - SCOTT WALKER - RICK SNYDER - JOHN KASICH - RICK SCOTT - PAUL LEPAGE

ON THE CHARGE OF IMPERSONATING AN OFFICE!!
Old 05-25-2006, 08:39 PM   #47
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M.
Saw it? I never even heard of it!

That's because CBS cancelled the show after 3 weeks-lol
Old 05-26-2006, 12:35 AM   #48
snl 70s show fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanj2004
I agree! About the only good thing about that show was that the father had a job as a game show host! Othewise, time to trim the Mullets!

Whoopi - This show proved that Whoopi was on her last legs as a washed-up has-beene.

Coupling - It worked in England, but here, (Family Feud buzzer plays) it didn't have a whale of a chance at all! No one barely even noticed this turkey!

Joanie Loves Chachi - easily the worst Happy Days spin-off of all! However, the funny thing about this show is that it's number 1 in Korea as Chachi in Korean means something about something that I won't get into on here!
i noticed coupling and after 2 eps i was sorry that i did
Old 05-26-2006, 10:14 AM   #49
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Oh yeah, Condo, a 1982-83 ABC midseason replacement starring McLean Stevenson, really blew it out the wazoo! I only watched for McLean Stevenson, who I was rooting for to finally have a hit show! What a grand waste of time that was (the show and the rooting)!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:45 PM   #50
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh yeah, Condo, a 1982-83 ABC midseason replacement starring McLean Stevenson, really blew it out the wazoo! I only watched for McLean Stevenson, who I was rooting for to finally have a hit show! What a grand waste of time that was (the show and the rooting)!

Damm how many FAILED shows did he have?-lol One show failed in 76, another in 78, and now 83?
Old 05-26-2006, 08:15 PM   #51
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default CONDO

was so dreadful

it seemed that ALL the stars who left MASH for their own shows all bombed

Larry Linville on Checkin In

only 4 eps

Stevenson on a long list of flops

Wayne Rogers had a decent run on House Calls but that was it

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Old 05-26-2006, 09:08 PM   #52
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
was so dreadful

it seemed that ALL the stars who left MASH for their own shows all bombed

Larry Linville on Checkin In

only 4 eps

Stevenson on a long list of flops

Wayne Rogers had a decent run on House Calls but that was it

Wayne Rogers left "M*A*S*H" because he said that all he got to do on the show as Trapper was offer Hawkeye another martini. Which was pretty accurate, as Trapper seemed to lack an identity on the show, unlike in the movie.

Larry Linville left because his contract was up and he felt he had done everything possible with Frank Burns. He worked a lot in the 23 years between his departure from "M*A*S*H" and his death, and he never regretted leaving.

Gary Burghoff left because a) he thought he'd done enough with Radar O'Reilly, b) his contract was up anyway, c) he felt was getting too old to play a nineteen-year-old farm boy (he was 37 when he left the show!), d) he wanted to spend more time with his daughter, e) he wanted to study the Bible, and f) he wanted to spend more time with his stamp collection. Okay, I made that last part up, but Gary Burghoff really does collect stamps! He even made an instructional video for first-time collectors!

So these guys all had solid, legitimate reasons to leave "M*A*S*H." But why did McLean Stevenson leave? He wanted his own show. What a dumb reason to walk away from a hit.

He got his own show, alright - seven, by my count, and they all failed!
Old 05-27-2006, 12:45 AM   #53
snl 70s show fan

Quote:
oh yeah that show was so bad even the music stunk
Old 05-27-2006, 12:48 PM   #54
mj3b
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to mj3b

i wasnt fond of Luis , with Luis Guzman. Just wasnt funny at all
Old 05-27-2006, 08:38 PM   #55
snl 70s show fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
Damm how many FAILED shows did he have?-lol One show failed in 76, another in 78, and now 83?
actully he had 2 shows fail in 78 one was a sitcom called in the beginning and the other had just aired in the spring of 78 it was a sports/game she hybrid called ceberity challange of the sexes that didnt work ether and the weird thing about him floping so many times was that no matter how good or bad the show was .he was always so great in anything he did
Old 05-27-2006, 09:08 PM   #56
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

McLean Stevenson was a trouper - always doing his best, even in a losing cause. Trouble was, he had too many losing causes in the last 21 years of his life.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:36 AM   #57
APPLEI
Forum Regular

Quote:
McLean Stevenson was a trouper - always doing his best, even in a losing cause. Trouble was, he had too many losing causes in the last 21 years of his life.
i agree
McLean Stevenson was always a lot better than the shows he did after quitting M*A*S*H including America the talk show and Dirty Dancing the sitcom based on the movie.
i think Hello Larry was given a bum rap.
accept for meadowlark lemon(whom i never thought was funny) it had a very good cast and most of the episodes were entertaining.

M*A*S*H is an impossible act for ANYBODY to follow!
NONE... of the cast members of M*A*S*H came even close to topping it or even equalling its success including
Alan Alda
Wayne Rogers
Loretta Swit
Larry Linville
Gary Burghoff
Jamie Farr
Harry Morgan
Mike Ferrell
David Ogden Stiers
William Christoper

so i would say that McLean Stevenson is in good company
Old 05-31-2006, 06:47 PM   #58
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPLEI
i agree
McLean Stevenson was always a lot better than the shows he did after quitting M*A*S*H including America the talk show and Dirty Dancing the sitcom based on the movie.
i think Hello Larry was given a bum rap.
accept for meadowlark lemon(whom i never thought was funny) it had a very good cast and most of the episodes were entertaining.

M*A*S*H is an impossible act for ANYBODY to follow!
NONE... of the cast members of M*A*S*H came even close to topping it or even equalling its success including
Alan Alda
Wayne Rogers
Loretta Swit
Larry Linville
Gary Burghoff
Jamie Farr
Harry Morgan
Mike Ferrell
David Ogden Stiers
William Christoper

so i would say that McLean Stevenson is in good company

McLean was 0-3-LOL

The McLean Stevenson Show-76
In The Beginning-1978
Hello Larry-1979
Old 05-31-2006, 08:46 PM   #59
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
McLean was 0-3-LOL

The McLean Stevenson Show-76
In The Beginning-1978
Hello Larry-1979

Condo - 1983
America - 1985
Dirty Dancing - 1987

Plus, a pilot for a sitcom about NASA - thus, he was 0 for 7!
Old 06-02-2006, 04:27 PM   #60
darling_nikky
Occasional Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to darling_nikky

Homeboys in Outer Space. I don't even think that lasted a year.