Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8
Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: More Reboots, Including The Jetsons as a Live Action Series?; Living Single Finally Continues on DVD
Fri-Yay: Sitcom Reboots; ABC and CBS Set Fall Preview Specials
USA Network's Suits Gets Spin-Off?; TV Land's Younger Hits Series High...Again
EPIX Series Gets All-Star Cast Including Patrick Dempsey; Connie Britton Is a SMILF
NBC Summer Pilot Review: Marlon - Premieres Wednesday (August 16); Netflix Has the Best Worst Weekend Ever
Antenna TV Adds Prime Stacks for Rest of Summer; GLOW Gets Season 2 on Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 14, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: How I Met Your Mother Spinoff Still Being Considered; Reboots for King of the Hill and The Munsters?

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

06/13 - The Andy Griffith Show - Return to Mayberry
06/13 - That's My Mama - The Complete Series
06/20 - Workaholics - The Final (Seventh) Season
06/20 - Workaholics - The Complete Series
06/27 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Third Season
07/04 - Superstore - Season Two
07/18 - Father Knows Best - Season Six
07/25 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season
07/25 - Girls - The Final (Sixth) Season (Blu-ray)
08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-05-2006, 11:13 PM   #1
justins5256

Default The strange disappearance of David Tyll and Brian Ognjan

UM profiled this case in brief on 10/25/89; it hasn't been shown on Lifetime. Just curious to see how many remember it. I found it compelling as they vanished while on a hunting trip in Michigan in 1985. In 2003, two men were charged and convicted for murdering the hunters whom they first encountered at a bar. To date, their bodies and vehicle have not been recovered.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:20 PM   #2
mphs95
Forum Regular
Remember me?

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Yeah, I'm from Michigan. I never saw the ep on UM, but I remember the case. It was up in Mio. Deer hunting and they had words w/ the suspects and that's the last the hunters were heard of. A witness came forward in 2004. Their vehicle and body still have not been found.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #3
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
UM profiled this case in brief on 10/25/89; it hasn't been shown on Lifetime.

When you said "brief", I get the impression that it was shown as part of the "special alert" or "special bulletin" segment. Am I correct?
Old 05-06-2006, 12:31 AM   #4
Awsi Dooger

I've seen that case on TV, and within the last year or two. It was after the charge and conviction so I guess it wasn't on UM. The show I watched made these guys look like the most inhumane people imaginable. They pictured a scene at night near some woods where the two hunters were brutally beaten to death, for basically no reason. I think others watched from a nearby cabin but were too petrified to come forward with info.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:35 AM   #5
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
When you said "brief", I get the impression that it was shown as part of the "special alert" or "special bulletin" segment. Am I correct?

Yes its one of those segments that to my knowledge were never shown on Lifetime. Its airdate was in '89 and at the end of the episode RS profiles 10 missing person cases, assigns #'s to each of them and asks if anyone has any info to call in and refer to which number they're speaking about. I think some of the people profiled are still missing so Lifetime should rebroadcast that segment.....it couldn't hurt.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #6
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Its airdate was in '89 and at the end of the episode RS profiles 10 missing person cases, assigns #'s to each of them and asks if anyone has any info to call in and refer to which number they're speaking about.

I thought so. I recall in 1989 that Robert Stack displayed numerous photos of missing persons in one segment.

The disappearances of David Tyll and Brian Ognjan were also the focus of an episode of Cold Case Files. The name of the episode is "The Missing Hunters."
Old 05-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #7
crystaldawn

Quote:
I thought so. I recall in 1989 that Robert Stack displayed numerous photos of missing persons in one segment.

Your memory is amazing!
Old 05-06-2006, 04:09 PM   #8
justins5256

Quote:
The disappearances of David Tyll and Brian Ognjan were also the focus of an episode of Cold Case Files. The name of the episode is "The Missing Hunters."

Does anyone have a copy of this? I would like to see it, and I have a lot to offer by way of a trade.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #9
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphs95
Yeah, I'm from Michigan. I never saw the ep on UM, but I remember the case. It was up in Mio. Deer hunting and they had words w/ the suspects and that's the last the hunters were heard of. A witness came forward in 2004. Their vehicle and body still have not been found.

Is this case high profile in your state? I received that impression from all I've read in the media.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #10
nohwheregirl
THE Mystery Machine

Quote:

Were these the guys who allegedly got fed to the hogs? I never realized that was a UM case.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:56 PM   #11
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohwheregirl
Were these the guys who allegedly got fed to the hogs? I never realized that was a UM case.

Yes, a witness claims that one of the brothers convicted of the murders had made such a statement.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #12
mphs95
Forum Regular
Remember me?

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95
Default Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Is this case high profile in your state? I received that impression from all I've read in the media.

Yes it was when it happened during hunting season, which in MI is like a national holiday. Then nothing happened for many years, but when that witness came forward in 2004, all the news outlets were all over it.