Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Cosby Show links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Cosby Show Photo Gallery

The Cosby Show - Season 1

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 1 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 2 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 3

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 3 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 4

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 4 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 5

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 5 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 6

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 6 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 7

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 7 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 7

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 8 on DVD
The Cosby Show - 25th Anniversary Commemorative Edition - All 8 Seasons

Buy The Cosby Show - 25th Anniversary Commemorative Edition - All 8 Seasons on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 1 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 1 (Mill Creek) on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek) on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Cosby Show
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Antenna TV's Bewitched 50th Anniversary in September Hosted by Erin Murphy (Tabitha); Paramount Announces New Comedy for Web
TV Land Orders New Sitcom Starring Jim Gaffigan; FX Laughs It Up on Monday Nights with Sheen, Grammer and Lawrence
Melissa Joan Hart Explains It All On truTV Tonight; Comedy Central Renews Two Series for 3rd Seasons
FX Fall 2014: Mike & Molly Reruns Premiere; Jerry Seinfeld's Single Shots on Crackle
Summer 2014 Week 9 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Community Season 6 Plans; The Equalizer Complete Series on DVD
Blossom, Big Bang Theory Star Hosting Candid Camera; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 28, 2014)
Here's Lucy Heading to Cozi TV; The CW Drops Comedies Seed, Backpackers
TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Default Debbie Allen: TRUTH ABT PHYLICIA'S DRUG USE???? WTF???

OMG, this is so sad. To think she has done this to herself. This is so sad and pathetic at the same time. Please read the story it is so bad:

Kin tells mag: PHYLICIA RASHAD a drug user

BY MICHELLE CARUSO
DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF

LOS ANGELES - Actress on The Cosby Show and sister of Debbie Allen, former wife of the lead singer of the Village People, and the former wife of Ahmad Rashad football commentator, Phylicia Rashad, has become a crack addict who sees "demons" in fits of dope-induced paranoia, a new report claims.

The sister of the multi-talented Ms. Rashad, made the allegations as she spilled her own drug secrets to Ebony Magazine in an exclusive report in its April 10 issue.

"The truth needs to come out. She won't stay off the drugs. It's every single day. It's so ugly. She is so ugly. Uglier than she has ever been. Everyone is so scared she is going to OD," Debbie Allen, 50, told Ebony.

Allen, the sister of Rashad, admits she "did crack with Phylicia" on many occasions, but Ms. Allen says she went straight last Aug. 24.

Ms. Allen says she ratted on her sister in hopes of forcing Rashad, to face the music and get help. "Maybe this will save her life," she said.

Lurid photos supplied by Allen, and reportedly taken in January at Allen's Georgia home, show a bathroom with drug paraphernalia, including powder-coated spoons, garbage and debris.

The Ebony story says Rashad was regularly using drugs in early and mid-2004. Rashad apparently became despondent during the end of her marriage and during the divorce proceedings. The once beautiful star of the Cosby Show, playing the perfect mother Claire Huxtable, is now struggling with imperfect virtues. She hasn't been able to find work since the demise of Cosby, another hit by Bill Cosby, who played her husband. The lack of work for women her age is becoming increasingly low. The fact she is a black older woman has been affecting her.

The once-gorgeous, lawyer and mother in "The Cosby Show" now "spends her days locked in her home amid piles of magazines, smoking crack, using "toys" and ignoring personal hygiene," the magazine says.

Nancy Seltzer, a spokeswoman for Rashad, said she has not seen the story and could not and would not comment on it.

The story also claims that:

*Rashad hallucinates and sees "demons" when she's high. She bites and beats herself black-and-blue but blames the "Devil" for the injuries. "The Devil be hitting me," Phylicia reportedly told Allen.

*When Rashad's sister, Debbie, forced her to attend rehab sessions in March 2004, Allen says, "Phylicia smoked crack on the way to the meetings and dodged the urine drug tests saying: "I'm not giving you no pee today. I don't have none right now."

*Phylicia allegedly has had major dental problems because of her drug use where it may be inevitable for her to have to use false teeth.

*Rashad smokes as much as an "eight-ball" (1/8 of an ounce) of crack at a time, mixing it with marijuana encased in a cigar wrapper, according to Debbie Allen.

*In 2004, Debbie Allen says her sister became paranoid and out-of-control in her Georgia home where Rashad was visiting her and Allen's husband, Norm Nixon, the former NBA player for whom she has been married to for 22 years. Nixon apparently lost his temper with Rashad and told Allen "Come get your sister. She is scaring me and the kids!"

Originally published on March 29, 2006
This story cannot be copied, duplicated or taken seriously...
Attached Images

Last edited by Ireneparalegal : 04-01-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
Brieannas21

LMAO that sounds fake.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:09 PM   #3
evilNpunk
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
... spends her days locked in her home amid piles of magazines, smoking crack, using "toys" and ignoring personal hygiene...
This could be taken so many different ways lol.

Quote:
Come get your sister. She is scaring me and the kids!
OMG!

Quote:
Originally published on March 29, 2006
This story cannot be copied, duplicated or taken seriously...

LMAO Where did you find that? I love bs columns like this... and this is actually written quite well compared to some of the other bs stories I've read for laughs.
People should do their homework before writing this kind of thing to make it more believable though. Debbie Allen is 56, not 50. And Phylicia has had plenty of work since The Cosby Show... just b/c you dont see her on screen, doesnt mean she isn't working her ass off. She was in theatre before The Cosby Show, and she's been in theatre since. She's starred in tons of shows. And how did they miss her historical Tony Award win last year? That alone should tell you she's had work.
She allegedly did have a cocain problem in her Victor Willis days, although its also been said that his cocain problem was the reason she divorced him. Who knows.
It was amusing nonetheless. Made me giggle on this gloomy day.
P.S. She is still beautiful.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:41 PM   #4
vashti1999
Forum Veteran
NY METS - #1

Another giveaway was that Ebony is a monthly mag, so it wouldn't be an "April 10" issue like the article said. Almost convincing.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #5
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilNpunk
This could be taken so many different ways lol.

OMG!

LMAO Where did you find that? I love bs columns like this... and this is actually written quite well compared to some of the other bs stories I've read for laughs.
People should do their homework before writing this kind of thing to make it more believable though. Debbie Allen is 56, not 50. And Phylicia has had plenty of work since The Cosby Show... just b/c you dont see her on screen, doesnt mean she isn't working her ass off. She was in theatre before The Cosby Show, and she's been in theatre since. She's starred in tons of shows. And how did they miss her historical Tony Award win last year? That alone should tell you she's had work.
She allegedly did have a cocain problem in her Victor Willis days, although its also been said that his cocain problem was the reason she divorced him. Who knows.
It was amusing nonetheless. Made me giggle on this gloomy day.
P.S. She is still beautiful.
I simply put the real story that is circulating abt Whitney "there's a problem" Houston and deleted her name and put Phylicia's name and changed some other stuff. But basically, it's a joke from me and my dear friend. For April Fools Day. Cuz anyone who knows me knows I hate the Clair Witch Project. Anyone note the little sentence above Phylicia's photo...
Old 04-01-2006, 06:06 PM   #6
evilNpunk
Forum Regular

Quote:
I simply put the real story that is circulating abt Whitney "there's a problem" Houston and deleted her name and put Phylicia's name and changed some other stuff. But basically, it's a joke from me and my dear friend. For April Fools Day. Cuz anyone who knows me knows I hate the Clair Witch Project. Anyone note the little sentence above Phylicia's photo...
Yeah, I quoted that part
I was wondering... I was hoping you didnt write that whole thing yourself LOL. Everyone already knew about Whitney's problem lol. Im surprised they're still writing about it. Its nothing new.
I strongly dislike Clair Huxtable, but I love Phylicia Rashad.
I wouldnt be surprised if there is a cult named after Clair.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #7
vashti1999
Forum Veteran
NY METS - #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilNpunk
I strongly dislike Clair Huxtable, but I love Phylicia Rashad.

I sort of met Phylicia Rashad, kinda. Years ago walking down the street in Manhattan, she was walking in one direction and I was going the opposite way on the same block. I looked at her at said to myself "that's Phylicia Rashad!!" (or maybe she was Phylicia Ayers Allen back then). This was when the Cosby Show was still in prime time. I guess I could have mentioned that I watched her show all the time and was a fan, but didn't. All the times I've seen celebrities walking down the street I feel funny about bothering them. New Yorkers are supposed to be cool about that kind of stuff I guess. Anyway, that's my brush with Phylicia. Didn't seem like a monster.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #8
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Like I said, my hatred is abt Claire. Yet, if I had inserted Claire's name in the story, it wouldn't have been a good joke.

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY EVERYONE!
Old 04-01-2006, 08:39 PM   #9
moeee
Forum Celebrity
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie

very good irene! i loved it!
Old 04-01-2006, 09:09 PM   #10
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
very good irene! i loved it!
Thanx Sweetie!!!!!
Old 04-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #11
evilNpunk
Forum Regular

Quote:
Like I said, my hatred is abt Claire. Yet, if I had inserted Claire's name in the story, it wouldn't have been a good joke.
I know... agreed it wouldn't have worked as well. Funny though. And it's just like a tabloid... only based on something that actually happened to someone. Do you ever read those crazy things, those tabloids? They're freakin halarious... in a stupid way.
Speaking of making fun of celebs... you should check this out. Most of the time it's got good stuff on there. I check it occasionally.
edit: nice avatar btw LOL
Old 04-01-2006, 11:06 PM   #12
evilNpunk
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashti1999
I sort of met Phylicia Rashad, kinda. Years ago walking down the street in Manhattan, she was walking in one direction and I was going the opposite way on the same block. I looked at her at said to myself "that's Phylicia Rashad!!" (or maybe she was Phylicia Ayers Allen back then). This was when the Cosby Show was still in prime time. I guess I could have mentioned that I watched her show all the time and was a fan, but didn't. All the times I've seen celebrities walking down the street I feel funny about bothering them. New Yorkers are supposed to be cool about that kind of stuff I guess. Anyway, that's my brush with Phylicia. Didn't seem like a monster.
I wish I lived in NYC. Im going to one day. *dreams* Whenever I meet celebs I dont get like that LOL. I dont know why... it's cool they're famous and all, but they're just another person. I always have a "lets just chill" attitude around them.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:38 PM   #13
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashti1999
Another giveaway was that Ebony is a monthly mag, so it wouldn't be an "April 10" issue like the article said. Almost convincing.

Maybe It's Jet Magazine
Old 04-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #14
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:

Irene you fool, you had in my room like-"Oh My Lord"_LOL
Old 04-02-2006, 01:55 PM   #15
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
Irene you fool, you had in my room like-"Oh My Lord"_LOL
Oh sweet Jesus...u mean I fooled you???? Great....that was the idea...YEAH!!!!! Glad u have a sense of humor...what would i do without you? LOL